June 7, 2011 - McAfee Coliseum - Oakland, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the new pic thing is I think you have to save them first then re upload them. Who's page is it on? I can do it.. I have time.

Romi's page.
If you can do it, that'd be great.
I don't have much time.
I need to start prepping for my class.

What the hell. :|

258410_10150273801745439_759070438_8955734_3532365_o.jpg

244066_10150273812125439_759070438_8955828_79618_o.jpg

I think this might ruin my plan of getting perfectly centered claw shots from the back of GA. :(

runningtodream said:
Just out of curiosity, how many people are on the list right now?

41 as of 2:30pm

Romi just spoke to Coliseum officials who told him that there will indeed be two lines for the GA. That means we will have to split up the line tomorrow morning before 7am, then hope that they open both gates at the same time at 5pm.

Romi was also told that all baseball stadiums (Oakland, Anaheim, St.Louis, Miami etc.) will have two GA gates.

they are not allowed to use the baseball infield, which is basically almost all the space in the center of the field to about 10 yards in front of the ramp

The section where it pinches at 2nd base to the front of the inner wall should be interesting for the GAer's. Looks like much more GA area on the sides behind RZ

Romi just spoke to Coliseum officials who told him that there will indeed be two lines for the GA. That means we will have to split up the line tomorrow morning before 7am, then hope that they open both gates at the same time at 5pm.

Romi was also told that all baseball stadiums (Oakland, Anaheim, St.Louis, Miami etc.) will have two GA gates.

Wow. That makes me pretty happy that I am not attending any shows at a baseball stadium.

anyone remember the San Diego fiasco when they had 2 GA lines and they let the people who just showed up at the last minute in first. Nightmare:angry:

anyone remember the San Diego fiasco when they had 2 GA lines and they let the people who just showed up at the last minute in first. Nightmare:angry:

this doesn't sound good at all.

2 lines....ugh.

And help me understand what this "new" layout means as compared to the former (i havent been to a 360 show yet). What is messed up?

Thanks in advance. I might need to bring extra beer for myself to not care by the time the insanity hits.

So as I understand it, the "black hole" is off limits or are people going to be let in there leaving the space in-between it and the inner circle clear?

Also the black hole isn't the inner circle is it?
As you can see, I'm confused, lol.
I'm sure I'll be happy regardless since I had a blast before in the nosebleeds years ago.

So as I understand it, the "black hole" is off limits or are people going to be let in there leaving the space in-between it and the inner circle clear?

Also the black hole isn't the inner circle is it?
As you can see, I'm confused, lol.
I'm sure I'll be happy regardless since I had a blast before in the nosebleeds years ago.

I'm assuming the black hole is off limits as they don't want to damage the grass. I guess we will have to wait until we get more pics or reports from people at the gig.

the black hole is between the outer ramp and the mixing desk, its just that a black hole of grass where the infield is and where no fans will be. It does not effect the inner circle. Bottom line is the majority of the GA space is in the corners and behind the red zones (red zones are set up and there must be 40 yards behind on each side). Its like a sideways setup. That stand back a bit in the center area and not be crushed doesnt area exist except off to the sides

hey it could be worse, you could have $275 seats, my god there isnt one of those within 75 yards of the outer ramp, if not 100-125 yards away

That makes sense now, hence being called the black hole. So then more of GA will spill off to the sides. Yeah, for sure we will know more on the day of the show.

Amazing...thought I couldn't wait this long but tomorrow is almost here :hyper:

Amazing...thought I couldn't wait this long but tomorrow is almost here :hyper:

:hyper: agreed! One more day, guys!

It's going to be so hard to pay attention in school. But I'm starting not to mind that I'll be at the stadium relatively late; it's going to be awesome anyway.

If you all see a very confused looking teenager with a U218 Singles shirt, near the middle/back of the line, that would be me...

I'm excited!

I don't know if this has been posted, but i just spoke with stadium security, and they'll be opening the gates to people at 7am. no cars till noon i believe, though.

what is this list you speak of?

Someone called Angel Stadium last week and they said that the GA gate for Anaheim will be the Home Plate Gate. I guess that means one, but they may change it.

yikes today was the longest day at work ever. Finally at home - hopefully should be leaving in about 1 hour. Should be in Oakland around 7-8ish. I hoping I show up in time to get a number less than 200. **crosses fingers**

I got confused by the "black hole" nickname in this thread... as Oaklanders know, there's ANOTHER spot inside the Oakland Coliseum stadium that is known as the "black hole," where Raider fans dressed as pirates and skeletons sit, which is part of the seats (not on the field.) Just figured I'd clarify in case anyone else thought the same thing! Let's call it the, uh, vortex or something instead :wink:

As always, big props to all the hardcore people who are already lined up and are helping to organize everything. I've done GA for so many Elevation/Vertigo/360 shows now I've lost count, and I'm at the point where I like sauntering in around 1 in the afternoon and still getting a spot in the heart... here's hoping that still works tomorrow! See y'all there

:hyper:

Wow, so there's virtually no center outer rail room. Hmm. Again, like others, I'm just hoping that they didn't book this show without taking into mind that they couldn't use the baseball field. Otherwise, we're in for a crush. :huh:

Also, I was going to suggest that the liners should split into two groups, then their won't be as many complaints if something goes horribly awry. Attempting to let in one group of the first 200 fans or so would have been a nightmare waiting to happen if the stadium accidentally let the other line in first. This way, at least 100 of the top 200 would get in first.

Will there be any merch kiosks in the parking lot/outside the venue? I hope so, at the Rose Bowl it was awful, they had 2 that I saw and they were all sold out of what I wanted and we got there at like 3pm! Getting to one inside was a nightmare, and they were all sold out of keychains. At least I got a shirt, but I want a damn keychain this time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom