July 9th, 2010 Miami, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i will bring oatmeal cookies again for sure, and then all the interference members can have them! haha

*crossing fingers for 2 dates in miami*

Just so you all know...there really aren't any great hotels anywhere close to the stadium. Maybe within 5 or 6 miles For those of you who haven't been there, it's kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere. It's definitely a drive from anywhere.

I think anywhere is going to be hot and humid in July. Oh well, for U2 it is worth it.

I'd be willing to pitch in the cost of a rental car with any potential roommates. :up:

I'll just bring a helluva lot of sunblock, an umbrella, and a gallon or seven of water to the line. :wink:

I know many of you are subscribers, but is anyone doing general sale on the 9th? If so, would you be willing to snag an extra GA for me? Like I said, I don't think I can do the general sale then because of my finances at the moment. I'm sure I can get a ticket between then and July, so it isn't the worst thing if I can't. But it would be nice to know I already have a ticket. Of course, I'd pay you back by December or January. Just throwing it out there. I know money is tight for everyone right now, so I understand if people can't afford to spend the extra money at the moment. :)

Just a thought: Bono was having difficulty with the Tampa heat in October (though granted, it was unseasonably warm). How can Miami in July be anything but worse?

Living in Orlando now for the lat 15 yrs you would think I would have gotten used to it by now, but the Summer heat down here starting in June is unbearable. I was at the Tampa show & that is just a taste of what miami is like in the Summer. Now throw in the Ground to Ground Lightning, Heavey downpours, all the Bugs that you can think of, Constant Heat & Humidity & you are one step up from being in the Jungle.

Just so you all know...there really aren't any great hotels anywhere close to the stadium. Maybe within 5 or 6 miles For those of you who haven't been there, it's kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere. It's definitely a drive from anywhere.

Thanks for the info, Mala. It looked like that from google maps, and I didn't believe it at first, but I guess it's true. Pretty weird that there's no hotel within walking distance to the stadium.

Just a thought: Bono was having difficulty with the Tampa heat in October (though granted, it was unseasonably warm). How can Miami in July be anything but worse?

He was actually doing quite well with it. I was surprised he waited until One to take off the jacket. Of course then he had to put it right back on for Ultraviolet but at least he had it off for a couple of songs.:sexywink: He didn't appear to be struggling at all. There must have been a bit more air moving around up there on stage than there was in the pit :drool:

Thanks for the info, Mala. It looked like that from google maps, and I didn't believe it at first, but I guess it's true. Pretty weird that there's no hotel within walking distance to the stadium.

At least not one you'd want to walk to. I think closest decent one might be the Quality Inn. Now if you have a car, there are more choices. One that doesn't look too bad is El Palacio Sports Hotel rooms are 89/nt it's about 2.5 mls to stadium gets 3 1/2 stars on Tripadvisor. Sounds kind of dicey though. Some reviews awful some good. You really need to have a car to get around, that's for sure. There is public transport but...hard to know what they'll have for the concert, at least at this point.

At least not one you'd want to walk to. I think closest decent one might be the Quality Inn. Now if you have a car, there are more choices. One that doesn't look too bad is El Palacio Sports Hotel rooms are 89/nt it's about 2.5 mls to stadium gets 3 1/2 stars on Tripadvisor. Sounds kind of dicey though. Some reviews awful some good. You really need to have a car to get around, that's for sure. There is public transport but...hard to know what they'll have for the concert, at least at this point.

Yeah I was looking at that hotel, some of the reviews are really sketchy. :crack: My coworker was suggesting the Hard Rock, looks like it runs $259/night though. eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom