Hotels putting up prices!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgoth321

Acrobat
This is with specific reference to Dublin, but it's bound to apply elsewhere. A few days ago, before the dates were announced, I booked two nights in a hotel in Dublin that shall remain nameless. Based on the rumours, I figured that there was bound to be a concert on July 24th, and maybe 25th as well - so those were the nights that I booked. My credit card was used to guarantee the booking but I wasn't charged any money, and can cancel at any time up to 24hrs before I'm supposed to arrive. The price? €89 per night, which is reasonable enough.

So, since the Dublin concert today was confirmed as being Fri 24th July, I checked the hotel for availability. Unsurprisingly, the exact same room now costs €165 per night, so I'm glad that I took a chance and booked in advance.

Anybody else noticed anything similar?

Yes. Just posted in the croke park thread that I booked flights from London to Dublin this morning and in a matter of HOURS they have jumped over £125...

I knew it would happen but I didn't think it would happen so soon after the announcement.

My plane ticket for Dublin was 135 euros last time I checked, checking now again.
Its the same. :ohmy: wow, that's a surprise.

I'm glad I got my bookings in early for Jury's Croke Park early.... 7/23-7/28... Now I have to get tickets...

Back
Top Bottom