August 20 and 21, 2010 - Olympic Stadium, Helsinki, Finland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dubliner on 19th ? sounds good ;)

... perhaps i will take a look at :) ...actually planned some guinness in molly malones with having live music :D

another pic

36817_146666192027353_115923421768297_346391_72043_n.jpg

Are you going home by train? Maybe you could drop off on your way to the station for a few minutes? :hmm:

Nah, my parents are coming too (my dad's been a U2 fan for decades and my mom got converted by U23D :D) so we're going by car. I'll try to convince them to come too but I don't think they will... Maybe I could go by train/bus, don't know if I can afford it though... But then again, something like this doesn't happen quite often so perhaps I should just ignore the cost :hmm:

actually ok ...i mean... we have the same weather in germany now ...so...why complaining ;) take my flight tomorrow morning to my sec. hometown :)

Yeahh, the pics are looking very good. The shows are taking place, definitely :hyper:. During my vacation on the last 10 days, I haven´t seen or heard much things about my band. Helsinki will be my personal U2 take-off 2010 and I`m looking forward for the 20th. And you don`t be worried about the weather forecast, it sounds very good for both shows, sunny and dry. Everything will be fine:up:.
cu there

Oh wow, yeah U2s spaceship has landed in Helsinki! :hyper: Look how close it is the back of the stadium and seats where I'll be sitting the second night!! :applaud:

That does look really close to the back! In Turin it was relatively quite far from the back. There were acres of empty space behind the stage. I'm in the cheap seats for Helsinki 1 which may be behind the stage so I hope the Claw doesn't hop forward before then!

I was up at the stadium today. There's a hand-written sign by the (main) gate saying the GA queue is at the "swim stadium". I found it at the opposite corner (ok, I know it's an oval stadium) to the Olympic flame tower. There were 15 people chilling in the shade of some trees.

Theres a group planning a warm wellcome for boys :wave:

Login | Facebook

Let´s welcome U2 to Helsinki in style!

U2 fans in Finland are planning to welcome the band on stage @ the Olympic stadium on Fri 20th and Sat 21st the same way the Swedish fans did in Gothenburg in 2009. The idea is to welcome the band back to Finland after 13 years by waving blue & white sheets when they arrive on stage and during the entire first song. Please use white sheets (or piece of paper) if you are in the field and blue sheets if you have a seat – these are the colours of the Finnish flag and they also represent the land (white) and the sky (blue).

U2 have always greatly valued this gesture and this would also create a wonderful atmosphere to the stadium!

See you at the concerts!

*edit 1500 ppl in few hours now and its all over on national radios now and websites for finnish magazines :D

I'm back, I'm back! Have lots of tales to tell about both shows and meeting Bono and Edge (again!) outside their hotel in Helsinki yesterday!! Have to go a heat up the sauna now, so talk to you all later!!! :D

U2 Arriving at Hotel Kämp, Helsinki:
Article and some pictures (in Finnish): U2:n tähdet saapuivat Helsinkiin - Ilta-Sanomat
Video: U2 saapui Helsinkiin - Video - Ilta-Sanomat

we met the band at the hotel!!
great day :heart:
this is a photo on the "Ilta Sanomat" newspaper
http://i33.tinypic.com/6fz0ic.jpg

Peaple around Bono are me and my friends....(20 Aug)

and this is Bono just before embracing and kiss me :)
http://i35.tinypic.com/2mc61z5.jpg

If someone find photos or video about that moment, please contact me, thanks! :love:

GREAT U2, GREAT Helsinki, GREAT Finnish peaple, GREAT gigs..... unforgettable Holiday!!

Looks like the boys got a really great welcome after all this time. Great crowd, nice photos, amazing setlist, thanks everyone for sharing :up: And congrats to all who have seen/met the guys. Bono's green monstrosity is back as well, so back to his old self I guess :wink:

All perfect: Helsinki, U2, crowd, weather, setlist....
I'll remember it for a long time....

All perfect: Helsinki, U2, crowd, weather, setlist....
I'll remember it for a long time....

Agreed!
Was just a fool not to check on where they were staying in this thread...
But I have a plan for Paris in 3 weeks, fingers crossed, just waited 23 years and 19 shows to meet wit them, time has come!

Here we are! @hotel Kamp
http://i35.tinypic.com/zjgih5.jpg

anyone saw there crazy people during the 2° gig?
http://i34.tinypic.com/dy6rtc.jpg

we are looking for pics by people standing inside the circle....

:up:
Lucille, I did (was Red Zone Edge's side), and told my wife you guys must have been Italian... Guess I was right?
Great stuff, I so much wish they'd paied attention to "Bad"
I so much miss that song, time has come for it to come back to the 360!
Well done, impact was great and secutiry helpful which would not have been the case any where.

:up:
Lucille, I did (was Red Zone Edge's side), and told my wife you guys must have been Italian... Guess I was right?
Great stuff, I so much wish they'd paied attention to "Bad"
I so much miss that song, time has come for it to come back to the 360!
Well done, impact was great and secutiry helpful which would not have been the case any where.

Yes, we're italian! ;)
U2 staff saw our signs and started to laugh :D
We all want that U2 will return to play songs that are forgotten masterpieces...
Bad was played during some concerts last year, I heard it two times!
Did you take pictures about me and my friends?

Yes, we're italian! ;)
U2 staff saw our signs and started to laugh :D
We all want that U2 will return to play songs that are forgotten masterpieces...
Bad was played during some concerts last year, I heard it two times!
Did you take pictures about me and my friends?

Una sola, eccola

516nw8.jpg

Bad was indeed played last year, but never enough.
Out of 19 times I saw them, played 7 times, score not in my favour ;-) I have Paris and Sydney left to for it! And in case they added Please and Two Hearts then I could die a happy man ;-)
I think it is as easy as this: U2 would need to play for 7-8 hours if they had to play all their masterpieces... So I guess we just need to wish everythome we start queing up :-D

A presto forse.
Ciao!

Hey there, I'm gradually coming back down to earth after last weekend in Helsinki! Been busy posting a couple of blogs:-

3 beautiful U2 days in Helsinki! Part 1 - U2 Feedback

3 beautiful U2 days in Helsinki! Part 2 - U2 Feedback

....and uploading the best of my photos I took of both Helsinki shows:-

August 20, 2010 - Olympic Stadium - Helsinki, Finland - Interference.com Photo Gallery (U2 Photos, U2 Concert Photos, Member Photos)

August 21, 2010 - Olympic Stadium - Helsinki, Finland - Interference.com Photo Gallery (U2 Photos, U2 Concert Photos, Member Photos)

And I even finally found the time to upload one of the two videos I taped of U2's Helsinki shows...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrhmljfQX4s

....it took an incredible 4 hours to upload!? :ohmy:

Thanks to everyone here who came to our fan club Get Together at the Dubliners! :wave: I'll be posting a blog and pictures from the evening on The Unforgettable Finlands My Space blog in the near future. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom