June 17, 2011 - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great to see everyone back in SoCal...thanks for the hugs and the great times in line and at the rail. It was wonderful to share the show with all of you.
The drunk fools and idiots that kept on trying to get in front of us...argh.
:)

Actualy last night there was a fire in the band that wasn't there Friday...Friday was a great U2 show, but last night there was just more intensity from the band. You could tell it was a special show for them...so everyone is right...

thanks mark :)

i really appreciate that. a lot of hard work since sep/oct 09

Thank you for posting your fantastic videos. You captured some of the greatest moments of the show. It looks like you were very close to our vantage point.

I have to say, for the overall experience, I enjoyed this show much better, the crowd around me was much better than night 2, but of course night 2 had a fantastic setlist and sense of anticipation to it, and possibly the crowd in general was better?

And I got a setlist from one of the crew during streets, I was so happy to get a souvenier of my favourite show I've seen! :)

Also Zooropa live is just :drool::drool::drool::drool: but we all already know that lol

mrnathan15 said:
I have to say, for the overall experience, I enjoyed this show much better, the crowd around me was much better than night 2, but of course night 2 had a fantastic setlist and sense of anticipation to it, and possibly the crowd in general was better?

And I got a setlist from one of the crew during streets, I was so happy to get a souvenier of my favourite show I've seen! :)

Also Zooropa live is just :drool::drool::drool::drool: but we all already know that lol

Jealous as! What are you doing in the states again? Better than the Melb gigs?

Jealous as! What are you doing in the states again? Better than the Melb gigs?

ha this IS my first time in the states, arrived the other day so thought I'll go see them. Of course Melbourne is my real favourite because it was my first etc, but anaheim really kicked ass! :wink:

mrnathan15 said:
ha this IS my first time in the states, arrived the other day so thought I'll go see them. Of course Melbourne is my real favourite because it was my first etc, but anaheim really kicked ass! :wink:

Nah I meant what are you doing over there (again, cos I asked before but I forgot)

Actualy last night there was a fire in the band that wasn't there Friday...Friday was a great U2 show, but last night there was just more intensity from the band. You could tell it was a special show for them...so everyone is right...
:) I wholeheartedly agree. Something was going on on Saturday... but the energy from the band was at a level I had never experienced before...

Right before Zoopopa stars, EThan says; "Prepare for a visual mind f***"........he was completely right. Moment of the night for me.:heart:

So, I lined up at 6am with some of my crackhead friends. The line itself was fun, I <3 June Gloom for not making it too hot. Then of course the drama. I was 11 in line on Edge's side, and going for front rail thanks to Outsider's peer pressure. As soundcheck ended, I started to get really nervous. Anaheim security was clueless the entire day, the front line staff were very, very nice but they weren't getting any consistent information. So, I wasn't surprised when they started letting in Red Zone 1 before our line. We got delayed about 10 minutes. What I didn't know for sure was that the other line had also gotten in at the same time as Red Zone. What was worse was the clueless Anaheim people told the Red Zone people they should be in the pit. The result was, at least on Edge's side, the front rail was dominated by Red Zoners, including a couple douchebags in front of me who tried to get their friend up with them 30 minutes later. I didn't let that happen.

After I calmed down, I realized my space was freaking awesome! It was next to the wonderful Outsider and 3 back from the stage between Edge and Bono and there weren't any giants in front of me.

As for the show itself, Lenny was great and as always easy on the eyes. The U2 setlist was exactly the same from Seattle and I loved it just as much, maybe more given my proximity to The Edge. EBTTRT is such a great opener. Then during Boots, Bono sang at me and some of the other lovely ladies next to me. I nearly swooned. My spot thanks again to the lovely Outsider, ended up being amazing. Bono and Edge stood right in front of me multiple times. It was :drool: Lastly, Edge smiled at Outsider. It was amazing.

I would post some pics here, but there are some I don't want public in here, so if you're a friend on Facebook, then you are in luck. But please don't share on interference.

The (awesome) guy I waited all day in line with said that watching Zooropa live was the closest it came to the LSD he used to do years ago. :lol:

Some of my goodies from the 1st night

262694_10150210314827916_620782915_7171456_5841217_n.jpg

264799_10150210316727916_620782915_7171495_4165787_n.jpg

260385_10150210316957916_620782915_7171498_3551469_n.jpg

251097_10150210336437916_620782915_7171887_7827686_n.jpg

awesome pictures wayne :up:

and :up: to your video suzanne. nice camera

I'm sort of in darkness on the front rail in front of Adam. The lights weren't all lit in the stadium. Thanks Dan for posting that pic on FB for me. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom