The What In The Fuck Did They Do To Crazy Tonight thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that is absolutely embarrassingly awful. :reject:

i guess bono has to have his absolutely embarrass himself moment in every show. last time it was the love and peace or else, this time its crazy tonight.

the worst part of it, is they take the time to rework a new song- that has only been played live a handful of times, but yet trot out the same overdone versions of the warhorses. take the time to rework a song that desperately needs it, instead of butchering the catchiest songs in the new album.

I prefer the live versions done on the promo tour, but I can dig this as well. And it's right at home in the tour's setting.

Wonder if it will rotate with that remixed EBTTRT that they rehearsed ...

i was wondering that too. in fact, there's a breakdown in CT live version that sounds almost exactly like EBTTRT Perfecto Mix.

The idea is good but...
...They could've applied it to another song (CT didn't need it).
Plus, I don't like the fact that they changed the main melody (which already is great on the original) and I don't like too Bono singing the verses with "silence gaps" between the lines.
It need a lot of work, it's not perfect.

It's my least fav song on the album. Just too much like their last two albums. Is it good song, yes, but boring to me.

Just give them time to get the kinks sorted out.

so as not to spoil it for people who haven't seen the clip, i like what they did with the screen. i had to watch it a 2nd time to see if it wasn't just the angle of the video.

as far as the song...i'll give them points for originality, but it the original arrangement could have stood on it's own merit.

-dan

At first, I was a little WTF but upon listening to it a few times, it's growing on me. And I LOOOOVE the conga beat on it and the bass has a Joy Division feel to it that I'm digging.

Ok can people now admit that my request for Magnificent done in the remix would have worked wayyyyy better? Seriously...Magnificent done this way would have worked SO well. And then follow with a smooth mix into Even Better remix style...that would have brought the wow!

I love dance music but gotta say I think the album version of Crazy is just fine, even tho not my fave song from the album..

I'm not really that big of a fan of this song. More importantly I think is the question Why wasnt Drowning Man played?

For a band that takes so much heat for sticking to the album version of songs, not free-lancing enough in concert, being too scripted, etc., I definitely am not gonna fault 'em for this -- and it sounds pretty cool IMO. The album version will always be there -- might as well mix it up for the concerts.

It doesn't seem to really work but that could be the sound quality.....

However I think it's something different to rigidly sticking to the album version so thumbs up from me!

i will go as far as saying that i am now looking forward to Crazy Tonight more than any other song come Chicago. :up:

my hope now is Crazy becomes a huge hit, and because of it they have to play the album version when they get to the US.

my hope now is Crazy becomes a huge hit, and because of it they have to play the album version when they get to the US.

really? why in the world would you hope for them to play the album version (bland, boring, worst song on NLOTH) over this new, better version (exciting, energetic, visually awesome)?

For a band that takes so much heat for sticking to the album version of songs, not free-lancing enough in concert, being too scripted, etc., I definitely am not gonna fault 'em for this -- and it sounds pretty cool IMO. The album version will always be there -- might as well mix it up for the concerts.

Can't disagree there! :up: for mixing it up..

Back
Top Bottom