Rose Bowl DVD setlist predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
five ATYCLB songs in one setlist in 2009 is just ridiculous.
Ridiculously awesome.

Honestly, they could've played freaking Red Light 24 times in a row in Phoenix and I still would've had a great time.

That was my first U2 show. All that mattered to me was getting a chance to see them, not a stupid setlist.

See, when I see a band - for the first time or the tenth time or the hundredth time - I like them to play songs that are, you know, good, and give a fair representation of their material and catalogue. I think ATYCLB songs do neither, and even if you do think the ATYCLB songs are good, five in 2009? It's like they're promoting the bloody thing, it takes up over a fifth of the setlist. U2, go on, represent more of your catalogue. The band have thirteen albums including Passengers, and the last three shows have had songs from SEVEN of them. That's barely sneaking past halfway.

ATYCLB is a good album. Not great, but good.

At least they're playing the better songs from it. Though, I would've loved to have heard Kite as well.

Oh wait, that's another ATYCLB song...

it looks like the Vegas setlist will be the DVD setlist. i really have no complaints. i know there's the whole ATYCLB argument, but there's not a song they're playing that i don't like.

I think one of the reasons for all the ATYCLB material is the album is similar in some ways to NLOTH. I mean compare NLOTH to HTDAATB and there isnt much there, but compare NLOTH to ATYCLB and there on the same scale.

Get on your boots - Elevation
Ill go crazy tonight - Beautiful Day
Unknown Caller - Similar in a way to Walk On, that positive upbeat feel to it.

The album obviously blends better with ATYCLB than HTDAAB, Pop ect. So blending both albums together in a set gives it a good flow. Thats why on the vertigo tour we seen alot more of Boy, because HTDAAB runs on the same wave lengths as Boy.

All because of you - Electric Co
Vertigo - Out of control
City of blinding lights - I will follow

This is one of the reasons that came to my mind anyways!

I just wish YBR would be on the DVD. It fit into the show so damn well when I saw it in Houston.

I just wish YBR would be on the DVD. It fit into the show so damn well when I saw it in Houston.

I'm hoping a bonus track at least. This song must be immortalized as more than track 3 on a side project album that nobody owns.

Ridiculously awesome.

Honestly, they could've played freaking Red Light 24 times in a row in Phoenix and I still would've had a great time.

That was my first U2 show. All that mattered to me was getting a chance to see them, not a stupid setlist.[/QUOTE

that's mindless. with that mentality you'd have creamed your pants just meeting the band on the street, and being done with it.

at a concert people want to hear good songs like axver said.

i'm liking you more and more all the time, ax. you do good work. :up:

I'm still really curious/confused as to what In A Little While sounds like in a stadium. I love the Boston version, it really does give the place that "we're playing in a room of 200" feel, but at the Rose Bowl? I'd love to be surprised and have it work.

I'm hoping a bonus track at least. This song must be immortalized as more than track 3 on a side project album that nobody owns.

Amen, and Electrical Storm, its premiere and premature death was a little bit too much emotional strain for me this summer, please tell me they at least have a decent video recording to show us at some point.

The only thing that can make the set list better is if they play Your Blue Room tomorrow night. We can only hope. :reject:

that's mindless. with that mentality you'd have creamed your pants just meeting the band on the street, and being done with it.

well, maybe people just have different tastes and priorities than you do. just because he's grateful to just see the band doesn't mean it's mindless. if anything, your response was immature.

As for bonus tracks for the DVD, have there been any other shows where they've had extra cameras filming (ie. European shows) from which they could pull videos of songs they don't perform in LA?

It wouldn't be that weird to see on a LA DVD:

Bad (Live from Amsterdam)
Your Blue Room (Live from Chicago)

etc.

Anybody know about other filming dates? Even if it wasn't a full film crew...

it will probably again the same bored list ... with no variation at all. Even vertigo played more old songs like : electric co, out of control etcetc. This 360 thing is just a bunch of hits AND ultra violet. I just don't get it. I will see then next year in Hannover but ... they must do something

ELectrical Storm, Your Blue Room, Ultraviolet, The Unforgettable Fire, These are too common for you?

I wasn't aware you were attending every show and had some sort of right to demand that the band play what you want.

Its going to be the setlist they play in Vegas which will probably be the Phoenix/Norman setlist. There will be nothing new done, that is almost a guarantee. The band has not even been soundchecking for the last 4 or 5 shows. They probably will tomorrow though and that soundcheck and the Vegas show will probably be the indicator as to what is coming for the Rose Bowl shoot.

I said this on another board, but I'm not 100% this is going to be an official DVD release. I think they are filming as a test run for next year. I do think if they are happy with the footage and the performance they could release it (IE like Slane), but my guess is this is sort of practice/back up just in case. Remember, they filmed Dublin 2nd night on Vertigo also, that was never released. :shrug: I guess I wont be shocked either way. My "preference" would be for them to wait to shoot the official DVD until next year.

Or how about have the U2.com gift be the Rose Bowl DVD for 2011?? That would make the subscription worthwhile.

Like I said, I wont be suprised either way. Milan was "technically" an official DVD also on Vertigo and we got a half a show hack job..............IMO. ;)

Lets hope Hamish isn't the director, or has he already been announced as the director??? :yikes:

:up: Good, something different. (watch it turn out just like a Hamish directed shoot. :lol: )

Fuck, you can be a barrel of sunshine and rainbows, can't you?

Ridiculously awesome.

That was my first U2 show. All that mattered to me was getting a chance to see them, not a stupid setlist.[/QUOTE

Just because you get visited every tour does not make someone elses experience mindless. I went through the heartache of having them cancelling any plans of touring Aus in 2001, the indefinate postponement after we'd bought tickets in 05. When they eventually did come, I would also have been happy enough to see red light 24 times.

To dismiss anyone elses experience based on your own is just mindless

As for bonus tracks for the DVD, have there been any other shows where they've had extra cameras filming (ie. European shows) from which they could pull videos of songs they don't perform in LA?

It wouldn't be that weird to see on a LA DVD:

Bad (Live from Amsterdam)
Your Blue Room (Live from Chicago)

etc.

Anybody know about other filming dates? Even if it wasn't a full film crew...

The BBC had a film crew at the Wembley shows.

Maybe they filmed Drowning Man in Barcelona or Dublin and can put that on the bonus disc.

I can only hope.

I think one of the reasons for all the ATYCLB material is the album is similar in some ways to NLOTH. I mean compare NLOTH to HTDAATB and there isnt much there, but compare NLOTH to ATYCLB and there on the same scale.

Get on your boots - Elevation
Ill go crazy tonight - Beautiful Day
Unknown Caller - Similar in a way to Walk On, that positive upbeat feel to it.

The album obviously blends better with ATYCLB than HTDAAB, Pop ect. So blending both albums together in a set gives it a good flow. Thats why on the vertigo tour we seen alot more of Boy, because HTDAAB runs on the same wave lengths as Boy.

All because of you - Electric Co
Vertigo - Out of control
City of blinding lights - I will follow

This is one of the reasons that came to my mind anyways!

This is nonsense. I see very little in common...NLOTH is a beautifully constructed, layered album while ATYCLB sounds like what U2 would be in a bad dream...thin, poppy, & disposable. I love the band with all my heart, but ATYCLB is truly a steaming pile of crap. Playing 5-6 songs from it at this point is embarassing.

Fuck, you can be a barrel of sunshine and rainbows, can't you?

???? All I said was the setlist will be the same as Norman and Phoenix, never said I had a problem with that. Then I said I wasnt sure this DVD would be the actual official DVD and just said I hope Hamish isnt directing. I also would have preferred Milan be a full show and didn't like the way it was edited. So I don't know what you are driving at other than some agenda against me from past threads where we disagreed. If so, simple solution, block my posts, PLEASE! Thanks :)

If my post was controversial for you or upset you, then you need to go out and get some fresh air.

I think most of this board needs to do that.

Back
Top Bottom