Hopes for Leg 4 and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's a good track but they just can't play it live.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the Vertigo performances.

what more do people really expect them to do?? stand up and play a bunch of obscure album tracks from the lesser albums like Pop and October?? Great for the beer sales but not much for stadium show atmosphere

I'm not asking for a bunch, I'm asking for any song to be played from Pop in a tour where three legs have gone with just some measley snippets. If you're saying that U2 should only play songs that the general public knows then I'll have to disagree strongly. I fail to see the harm in playing a Pop song (or October song for that matter) here and there. Geez, even The Ocean was played 28 times on Vertigo (I know it's not a very long song, but still).

My fantasy set...drop Vertigo, Elevation, In a Little While, City Of Blinding Lights, Pride, Boots...replace them with Bad, The Unforgettable Fire, Exit, Running To Stand Still, Please and Gone!!!

P.S. And include Every Breaking Wave in EVERY show!!!

My fantasy set...drop Vertigo, Elevation, In a Little While, City Of Blinding Lights, Pride, Boots...replace them with Bad, The Unforgettable Fire, Exit, Running To Stand Still, Please and Gone!!!

P.S. And include Every Breaking Wave in EVERY show!!!

Sounds good except I wouldn't drop Boots. Enough NLOTH songs have been ignored.

Feels good to kind of create a dream set for a show you thought was never going to get here but here we go! :wink:

- The intro as so many have stated lacks momentum, well I mean due to the pauses and what not after stingray it just feels weird. One of the first things I enjoyed about U2 back when I started liking them was their super epic intros (loved COBL one, it was epic to me :lol: :up:)

- Full Mercy would be great of course, maybe Larry, Edge and Adam (and Terry L i'd guess?) should just surprise Bono and just launch into the original verses like 'ripping stiches' verses, although it would be a disaster probably, albeit funny :D

nah seriously on a personal level I hope they drop Walk on and In a little while, and maybe bring in Unknown Caller again and Unforgettable fire.

My first U2 show though so I don't care really, as long as they turn up! :wink:

TUF
NLOTH
AIWIY
BAD
Every Breaking Wave :pray:
(although would happily take any of the unreleased numbers played thus far, but EBW easily my sentimental fave)

bye bye IALW, bye bye Walk On ~ whoever said Kite in place of Walk On :love:

have to say I agree with Axver on the ATYCLB and HTDAAB front ~ no need for the band to feel they owe us a damn thing from the missed Elevation tour ~ I would be delirious to get some more NLOTH loving in its place :)

but as mrnathan above said, I will be delirious with happiness if they just show up . . . 60 days and a handful of minutes until the Sydney shows and I can barely breathe with anticipation :hyper:

bring it :)

while they may not owe us anything in particular regarding missing the Elevation tour here, I wouldn't oppose them if they felt they owed us some Bad/40/Streets renditions elevation style haha :wink:

while they may not owe us anything in particular regarding missing the Elevation tour here, I wouldn't oppose them if they felt they owed us some Bad/40/Streets renditions elevation style haha :wink:

The Fly - Elevation style followed by The Fly - Vertigo style? :hmm:

Open with Boots or Mag after Stingray, keep the new songs (esp. the reworked Mercy and BFFTS) and bring back NLOTH (full band). Please, in the name of all things holy, bring that song back because it rocked and deserves to be played EVERY night. Also if they're willing, replace Walk On with something else thats non-ATYCLB, but other than that the setlist as it is looks good.:up:

00 - FEZ
01 - Being Born
02 - Get On Your Boots
03 - Magnificent
04 - We Love You Intro/Beautiful Day
05 - I Will Follow
06 - Elevation
07 - (Band intro) I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08 - Until The End Of The World //
09 - Breathe
10 - Every Breaking Wave (full band)
11 - Unknown Caller
12 - The Unforgettable Fire
13 - City Of Blinding Lights
14 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)//
15 - Winter //
16 - Bad
17 - One
18 - Amazing Grace/Where the Streets Have No Name

Encore 1
19 - PopMusik/Mofo
20 - Crazy Tonight (remix)
21 - Vertigo

Encore 2
22 - Hold Me Thrill me Kiss Me Kill Me
23 - Ultraviolet (Light my Way)
24 - With Or Without You
25 - Moment Of Surrender

:drool:

The Fly - Elevation style followed by The Fly - Vertigo style? :hmm:

I don't think that would be met with too much opposition!..:D

I hope they do something so random (and awesome of course) that we have never even considered or thought about..fighting those Auckland setlists are going to be tough!

I'd really love to see EXIT played live on the upcoming NZ/Aust leg of the tour :D

I don't know why, just a hunch, but I'm going to go ahead and predict that "Last Night On Earth" will feature prominently in this upcoming leg's set list rotation.

I was thinking about Exit the other day as well. It could happen.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I doubt it. I thought that I read somewhere that the band was reluctant to revisit it because they felt that it sucked the life out of their shows or something to that effect.

which is hilarious given they still play shit like stuck in a moment.

although i believe i read bono personally didn't like performing exit because of where it took him while it was being performed, rather than any impact on the live show.

Thats silly. It's an awesome song and theres much darker stuff on Achtung anyway.

which is hilarious given they still play shit like stuck in a moment.

although i believe i read bono personally didn't like performing exit because of where it took him while it was being performed, rather than any impact on the live show.

I suspect that's what I read as well. Chronic sleep deprivation has really messsed up my memory.

00 - FEZ
01 - Being Born
02 - Get On Your Boots
03 - Magnificent
04 - We Love You Intro/Beautiful Day
05 - I Will Follow
06 - Elevation
07 - (Band intro) I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08 - Until The End Of The World //
09 - Breathe
10 - Every Breaking Wave (full band)
11 - Unknown Caller
12 - The Unforgettable Fire
13 - City Of Blinding Lights
14 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)//
15 - Winter //
16 - Bad
17 - One
18 - Amazing Grace/Where the Streets Have No Name

Encore 1
19 - PopMusik/Mofo
20 - Crazy Tonight (remix)
21 - Vertigo

Encore 2
22 - Hold Me Thrill me Kiss Me Kill Me
23 - Ultraviolet (Light my Way)
24 - With Or Without You
25 - Moment Of Surrender

:drool:
I would be okay with this. :drool::drool::drool:

I would be okay with this. :drool::drool::drool:

that setlist is actually one of the best, more realistic, fan creations i've seen. Only adjustment I would consider is opening with Fez-Being Born. Sounds cool, but not sure it would get a stadium hoppin'. What the hell, try it once!

I wouldn't mind hearing 'trying to throw your arms around the world' in the warm Melbourne / Australian evening!!! :up::up::up:

that setlist is actually one of the best, more realistic, fan creations i've seen. Only adjustment I would consider is opening with Fez-Being Born. Sounds cool, but not sure it would get a stadium hoppin'. What the hell, try it once!

When I get there, I know im not going to care if they play IALW 24 times and leave, but:

Please drop IALW, SHF, Pride, Walk On.

Open with Mercy, fuck up the casuals!

When I get there, I know im not going to care if they play IALW 24 times and leave, but:

Please drop IALW, SHF, Pride, Walk On.

Open with Mercy, fuck up the casuals!

I'm hoping that they play those songs (pride not so much) for at least one of the shows i go to (haven't seen the band before) but understand if they're dropped...

And yes Mercy sure would startle a few people! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom