wouldnt want this seat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can tell you all right now, I wouldn't want these seats.

14882777.jpg

Those seats weren't sold. Whoever took that pic has just sat there for the purposes of taking the picture it seems. Odd. All of the seats affected by overhangs were empty

In regards to Sam Boyd, there is little question that some of seats in sections 219 and 220 (which have not been grayed-out in the official seating charts) will have views obstructed by the mixing structure.

You seem to be the only one questioning the view, so I'm not quite convinced there is "little question" that the seats will be obstructed. :shrug:

The risers at Sam Boyd are not steep enough to overcome the height of the structure as seen in the photos from Barcelona.

Though BVS was perhaps a bit... gruff in his reply to you, I do agree with him. It's quite possible your perception of the height of the mixing booth is skewed (seeing as Nou Camp is a much bigger stadium, with a different layout, different angles to the seating sections, etc). Judging from my own perception of the size of the mixing booth from the Barcelona pix, and judging from the fact that the grayed out areas are different from stadium to stadium, it would appear that U2 have already taken visibility concerns into account on a stadium by stadium basis, and have grayed out the appropriate area of seats in each venue.

Furthermore, sections 219 and 220 at Sam Boyd are not higher than the blocked off mezzanine section 221 at Giants Stadium, which is cantilevered above the lower level (section 121). In fact, sections 219 and 220 at Sam Boyd appear to be comparatively lower than section 221 at Giants Stadium.

This doesn't necessarily prove your point, though. While they may not be higher than the blocked off mezzanine sections at Giants stadium, the blocked off sections at Giants stadium are further away from the field, so the angle of view is comparatively lower. Since Sam Boyd is smaller, the upper sections are closer to the field (and the relative angle of the seats is steeper than the first section at Giant Stadium), so the angle of view could very well be higher, even if the actual elevation of those seats is lower.

Last edited:
Obstructed Views?

Sorry if this has been covered before...

I have lower level tickets for FedEx Field in September. Depending on where in the row the tickets are, I'm thinking that they may be blocked by one of the claw legs. Does anyone know if the legs really block views of the stage or if they're no big deal?

Thanks

I have no idea. No one has yet complained on the forum about having obstructed views in these first four shows.

I'm going to merge this with the "wouldn't want this seat" thread.

In regards to Sam Boyd, there is little question that some of seats in sections 219 and 220 (which have not been grayed-out in the official seating charts) will have views obstructed by the mixing structure. The risers at Sam Boyd are not steep enough to overcome the height of the structure as seen in the photos from Barcelona.

I took this picture from the topmost row of the 200 section.

stadium8.jpg

I took this one from the lowest of the 200 section.

stadium7.jpg

I don't know if this helps the debate any.

Just thought I'd give it a visual :)

I took this picture from the topmost row of the 200 section.

stadium8.jpg

I took this one from the lowest of the 200 section.

stadium7.jpg

I don't know if this helps the debate any.

Just thought I'd give it a visual :)

you get a much better view of the mountains from the top

I'd definitely buy those

the lower seats in section 100 are probably considered production seats and have not been sold. Soundbooth is right smack in the middle, and reason why those wouldnt be sold

same for the seats right behind the legs, those are likely "production seats" too

Back
Top Bottom