Is this the highest priced tickets for a stadium tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it's not as weak as Kool-Aid man, but it's pretty damn weak...

So tell me, how much were the highest seats in the stadium again?

Giants_Stadium_Live_Earth_tn.gif

For Springsteen on 10/02/09 I am in section 110 and the face value the ticket before you get all the shipping and handling charges was $95.00. For U2 360 I believe that this same ticket is $250.00.

:lol:

You give an inch he takes a mile...

Bruce, don't try that philosophy in real life, you'll end up getting slapped a lot...

Thanks for the advise as I hope you dont translate your attitude here to the real world because most of your posts here are of the smart ass nature and if you ever did that in the real world I'd bet you'd get the snot kicked out of you as well. You should try being nicer it would help.

3 songs from the album you are supposedly touring is Rolling Stone territory. I like the last two albums, Working on a Dream more than Magic, and was disappointed that Springsteen wanted to meander through his back catalogue and two pretty poor covers.

If you are playing a 28 song set, then 3 songs from the current album and 1 from the previous album is approaching nostalgia act levels.

To be honest the sound was the main problem and for U2 it'll be the same as Hampden is a terrible venue. I like Bruce Springsteen but the whole experience was just average. He puts a lot of passion in to it but his setlist was all over the place.

The requests were a nice touch but we ended up with a bunch of songs the crowd barely knew after a hit free beginning to the show.

I guess the main problem that Both U2 and Springsteen are having these days are there are alot more casual fans at these shows than there are diehards. As for the setlist I agree he could play more newer stuff but I'm satisfied that none of his shows are the same and the setlist is always changing.

I'm also glad that he is playing all the songs from his catalog as he can as I fear that the E-Street Band may not be around alot longer as they are all 60 or above. So maybe thats why he's playing alot of older stuff. I do hope that the U2 shows that you see bring you the same satisfaction as whenI see Bruce.

I will be seeing U2 in Giants Stadium this fall as well and am looking forward to seeing what this stage is all about as well.

Damn. I knew I should have went to Sheffield.

Hampdump, the best thing about it is that the stage will be about 50 foot taller than the stadium.

It's in a natural bowl, so sound just echoes around it. There's no public transport to it and you have to drive through two towns either side, or the centre of Glasgow to get to the M8 or the M74. If you are driving then no matter how tempting the Asda supermarkets or Toryglen football complex car parks look you'll not get out of them for 2-3 hours after a concert. Best to park a couple of miles up the hill in Rutherglen and walk back to the car.

For Springsteen on 10/02/09 I am in section 110 and the face value the ticket before you get all the shipping and handling charges was $95.00. For U2 360 I believe that this same ticket is $250.00.

Surely the difference is that with U2 you'll be far closer to the band than with Springsteen, although the 360 stage is at one end due to the shape the stage will be at the 30 yard line of the field (according to the plan) which makes that one of the best seat you'll ever get a stadium concert.

Thanks for posting I appreciate it. But if those are the worst shows pretty impressive that he's down only 500 to 1000 seats on the third or 4th leg of a tour thats been going on for two years now in which most of the shows saw tickets go within 45 minutes.

Just in case you did not see the following from the last post.

These shows are from the Magic Tour which started in 2007. 32 shows did not sellout. Here they are:

Magic Tour:

October 25-26, 2007
Oakland
Oracle Arena
Tickets on sale: 34,859
Tickets sold: 30,818

October 29-30, 2007
Los Angeles
Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena
Tickets on sale: 34,080
Tickets sold: 33,122

November 4, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
Quicken Loans Arena
Tickets on sale: 19,299
Tickets sold: 19,223

November 5, 2007
Detroit MI
Palace Of Auburn Hills
Tickets on sale: 19,555
Tickets sold: 14,559

November 11-12, 2007
Washington DC
Verizon Center
Tickets on sale: 36,256
Tickets sold: 35,808

November 14, 2007
Pittsburgh
Mellon Arena
Tickets on sale: 16,883
Tickets sold: 16,595

November 15, 2007
Albany NY
Times Union Center
Tickets on sale: 15,654
Tickets sold: 15,248

November 18-19, 2007
Boston
TD Banknorth Garden
Tickets on sale: 33,379
Tickets sold: 33,289

March 2, 2008
Montreal
Bell Center
Tickets on sale: 15,238
Tickets sold: 13,544

March 7, 2008
Buffalo New York
HSBC Arena
Tickets on sale: 18,875
Tickets sold: 15,364

March 10, 2008
Hempstead, NY
Nassau Coliseum
Tickets on sale: 17,561
Tickets sold: 16,518

March 22, 2008
Cincinnati
US Bank Arena
Tickets on sale: 15,754
Tickets sold: 13,032

March 24, 2008
Columbus Ohio
Schottenstein Center
Tickets on sale: 17,637
Tickets sold: 11,598

March 28, 2008
Portland Oregon
Rose Garden
Tickets on sale: 15,999
Tickets sold: 13,798

March 29, 2008
Seattle Washington
Key Arena
Tickets on sale: 15,160
Tickets sold: 15,095

April 4, 2008
Sacramento CA
Arco Arena
Tickets on sale: 15,323
Tickets sold: 12,919

April 5, 2008
San Jose CA
HP Pavillion at San Jose
Tickets on sale: 16,002
Tickets sold: 14,484

April 8, 2008
Anahiem CA
Honda Center
Tickets on sale: 17,551
Tickets sold: 13,513

April 14, 2008
Houston TX
Toyota Center
Tickets on sale: 16,585
Tickets sold: 15,692

June 14, 2008
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Millennium Stadium
Tickets on sale: 63,000
Tickets sold: 48,549

June 16, 2008
Dussoldorf Germany
LTU Arena
Tickets on sale: 45000
Tickets sold: 33196

June 18, 2008
Amsterdam
Amsterdam Arena
Tickets on sale: 36,529
Tickets sold: 36,257

June 23, 2008
Antwerpen, Belgium
Sportpaleis Antwerpen
Tickets on sale: 17,686
Tickets sold: 17,632

June 27, 2008
Paris France
Parc des Princes
Tickets on sale: 45,067
Tickets sold: 40,661

July 17, 2008
Madrid
Santiago Bernabeu
Tickets on sale: 55,000
Tickets sold: 53,783

August 2, 2008
Foxboro MA
Gillette Stadium
Tickets on sale: 50,000
Tickets sold: 48,237

August 21, 2008
Nashville Tennessee
Sommet Center
Tickets on sale: 16,000
Tickets sold: 12,349

August 24, 2008
Kansas City MO
Sprint Center
Tickets on sale: 17,004
Tickets sold: 15,747

Hampdump, the best thing about it is that the stage will be about 50 foot taller than the stadium.

It's in a natural bowl, so sound just echoes around it. There's no public transport to it and you have to drive through two towns either side, or the centre of Glasgow to get to the M8 or the M74. If you are driving then no matter how tempting the Asda supermarkets or Toryglen football complex car parks look you'll not get out of them for 2-3 hours after a concert. Best to park a couple of miles up the hill in Rutherglen and walk back to the car.
Thanks for the info. How far is the nearest train station to the stadium? I'm staying in a hotel in Glasgow city centre and won't have any wheels.

For only $55 dollars, you could be right down in front of the stage for U2. Might even be able to shake hands with Bono. A far better position compared to section 110 as well as being nearly half the price.

If you can afford to pay $95 dollars for a Bruce Springsteen show, you can easily afford to go to a U2 show.

I guess the main problem that Both U2 and Springsteen are having these days are there are alot more casual fans at these shows than there are diehards. As for the setlist I agree he could play more newer stuff but I'm satisfied that none of his shows are the same and the setlist is always changing.

I'm also glad that he is playing all the songs from his catalog as he can as I fear that the E-Street Band may not be around alot longer as they are all 60 or above. So maybe thats why he's playing alot of older stuff. I do hope that the U2 shows that you see bring you the same satisfaction as whenI see Bruce.

I will be seeing U2 in Giants Stadium this fall as well and am looking forward to seeing what this stage is all about as well.

Someone like Bruce has what 20-30 instantly recognisable hit songs the singles from his 16 studio albums. It wouldn't take much to make sure than a selection of 10 of them were played each night along with 6 or 7 songs from the last two albums, that would leave room for 3 or 4 requests and 8 rarer songs.

I don't like U2's current set which I think serves neither the casual fan nor the die hard particularly well, and frankly doesn't flow that well. But with it's a steady approach, given how much Bruce mixes things up there's going to be some nights were it just doesn't work and the song mix is just wrong. Springsteen is at one extreme and U2 are at the other as far as setlists go, personally I think both are wrong. I'm glad I've seen Bruce twice now, first in Barcelona in 2002 I think was amazing, this just wasn't.

I guess the main problem that Both U2 and Springsteen are having these days are there are alot more casual fans at these shows than there are diehards.

I agree with you on this comment 100%. I attended 3 Bruce shows in the last year or so. The Continental Arena (or whatever it's called now) rehearsal show in October, 2007, the Dallas show at the AA arena in 2008 and the recent Austin show.

I am by no means a die-hard Bruce fan. Probably a very casual fan who went because I like to go to concerts and the friend who I went with is a diehard. For the Dallas and Austin shows I was in the pit on the rail both times by Clarence.

To be perfectly honest I was bored for most of the show since I obviously don't know any of the non-popular songs.

I laugh thinking about it now, but at the recent Austin gig, I thought the show would never end. When I finally thought it was over which seemed at the time forever into the show, he decided to take another couple of signs from the audience and then continued to play. I was saying to myself at the time, please let this show end already.

My conclusion after that was that I didn't need to ever see Bruce Springsteen again.

Surely the difference is that with U2 you'll be far closer to the band than with Springsteen, although the 360 stage is at one end due to the shape the stage will be at the 30 yard line of the field (according to the plan) which makes that one of the best seat you'll ever get a stadium concert.

I hope your right I have seats in section 130 for U2 in the fall.

Someone like Bruce has what 20-30 instantly recognisable hit songs the singles from his 16 studio albums. It wouldn't take much to make sure than a selection of 10 of them were played each night along with 6 or 7 songs from the last two albums, that would leave room for 3 or 4 requests and 8 rarer songs.

I don't like U2's current set which I think serves neither the casual fan nor the die hard particularly well, and frankly doesn't flow that well. But with it's a steady approach, given how much Bruce mixes things up there's going to be some nights were it just doesn't work and the song mix is just wrong. Springsteen is at one extreme and U2 are at the other as far as setlists go, personally I think both are wrong. I'm glad I've seen Bruce twice now, first in Barcelona in 2002 I think was amazing, this just wasn't.

Awesome post but what do you mean by this just wasnt?

I agree with you on this comment 100%. I attended 3 Bruce shows in the last year or so. The Continental Arena (or whatever it's called now) rehearsal show in October, 2007, the Dallas show at the AA arena in 2008 and the recent Austin show.

I am by no means a die-hard Bruce fan. Probably a very casual fan who went because I like to go to concerts and the friend who I went with is a diehard. For the Dallas and Austin shows I was in the pit on the rail both times by Clarence.

To be perfectly honest I was bored for most of the show since I obviously don't know any of the non-popular songs.

I laugh thinking about it now, but at the recent Austin gig, I thought the show would never end. When I finally thought it was over which seemed at the time forever into the show, he decided to take another couple of signs from the audience and then continued to play. I was saying to myself at the time, please let this show end already.

My conclusion after that was that I didn't need to ever see Bruce Springsteen again.

How can you argue with an artist that gives you a three hour show night in and night out? For the Diehard fans I'm sure they were most pleased.

How can you argue with an artist that gives you a three hour show night in and night out? For the Diehard fans I'm sure they were most pleased.

My friend the die-hard was absolutely pleased. Me the casual fan at best was bored stiff.

I think the difference could be that Bruce has a higher concentration of diehard fans in his audience, while U2 is always focusing on the casual or new fan. For good or bad. They're two different artists.

I've accepted the fact that U2 is always trying to get new fans. That's why the majority of the audience I saw at the 3 Bruce shows I attended were between the ages of 40 and 60, while the audience at a U2 show contains a much more varied audience in terms of age ranging from the teens to the older fans.

Last edited:
My friend the die-hard was absolutely pleased. Me the casual fan at best was bored stiff.

I think the difference could be that Bruce has a higher concentration of diehard fans in his audience, while U2 is always focusing on the casual or new fan. For good or bad. They're two different artists.

I've accepted the fact that U2 is always trying to get new fans. That's why the majority of the audience I saw at the 3 Bruce shows I attended were between the ages of 40 and 60, while the audience at a U2 show contains a much more varied audience in terms of age ranging from the teens to the older fans.

Thanks.

This dodge answers my question quite clearly. Thank you. So now you know in your heart that they may structure their pricing different, no one is really screwing over their fans.

Thanks for the advise as I hope you dont translate your attitude here to the real world because most of your posts here are of the smart ass nature and if you ever did that in the real world I'd bet you'd get the snot kicked out of you as well. You should try being nicer it would help.
You filled my PM box with vulgarity filled messages for calling you out on something simple and true. I think I've kept my demeanar pretty well in check with you given the things you said to me, don't you think?

And yes I'm an incredibly nice guy in real life...

i'm just wondering why you are paying for tickets to your own show?

thankyouandgoodnight

-dan

This dodge answers my question quite clearly. Thank you. So now you know in your heart that they may structure their pricing different, no one is really screwing over their fans.

You filled my PM box with vulgarity filled messages for calling you out on something simple and true. I think I've kept my demeanar pretty well in check with you given the things you said to me, don't you think?

And yes I'm an incredibly nice guy in real life...

Ok but answer one question. Why on everyone on my posts that youve responded you reply with a smart ass answer or even name calling. If you like and I can go back and copy and paste each and everyone of them. If you do not agree with what I write simply write why. That will be respected. I'm not always right nor are all of my views and I'm man enought to admit that.

But calling me an asshole various times and making other comments is not appreciated. Again I will copy and paste all of your remarks. Again it goes both ways and if you treat my posts with respect I in turn would respect yours as well. i myself am a nice guy as well and would like to call a truce.

Ok but answer one question. Why on everyone on my posts that youve responded you reply with a smart ass answer or even name calling. If you like and I can go back and copy and paste each and everyone of them. If you do not agree with what I write simply write why. That will be respected. I'm not always right nor are all of my views and I'm man enought to admit that.

But calling me an asshole various times and making other comments is not appreciated. Again I will copy and paste all of your remarks. Again it goes both ways and if you treat my posts with respect I in turn would respect yours as well. i myself am a nice guy as well and would like to call a truce.

I called you an asshole? I don't remember that... If I did, I'm truly sorry, I admit I can be a smart ass but I always try and stay away from name calling, are you sure it was me?

I think the reason you get so many smart ass remarks is that you repeat yourself over and over in numerous threads while ignoring any comment or question asked of you, so you come off as someone who doesn't really want a discussion.

I called you an asshole? I don't remember that... If I did, I'm truly sorry, I admit I can be a smart ass but I always try and stay away from name calling, are you sure it was me?

I think the reason you get so many smart ass remarks is that you repeat yourself over and over in numerous threads while ignoring any comment or question asked of you, so you come off as someone who doesn't really want a discussion.

I'll work on my shortcomings if you do as well.

You have to admit that if you want to take your girlfriend or wife or something to a U2 show, forking out nearly 600 bucks after fees is a lot of money for 2 hours of entertainment (especially when the seats might not even be that good)

At least the masks are free

You have to admit that if you want to take your girlfriend or wife or something to a U2 show, forking out nearly 600 bucks after fees is a lot of money for 2 hours of entertainment (especially when the seats might not even be that good)

At least the masks are free

It wasnt me this time!!!! :hyper:

Oh, but Chizip has been a giant party pooper for a long time, so we're used to him.

:wink:

I kid. Of course it's a lot of money! No one's saying it's not, just that there are other options.

Believe me - if U2 tours one day and all the seats are uber-expensive, then I'll get pretty damned cranky about it, too.

Back
Top Bottom