Interpol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's cool if you guys didn't like the band, but you're all enjoying shitting all over them way too much. I'd love to see a list of the band you guys listen to

:lol:

I'm being rude to someone in this thread? :scratch:

To the band, and, by extension, their fans. I realize this isn't in B&C and therefore not on the band's home turf, but come on. There are plenty of Interpol fans in this thread, and most of them would find it rude to not only say Banks' voice is shit, but to say he's not even really a singer. Like Jive said, you're having too much fun shitting on the band and aren't even realizing there are people here that like the band a great deal. Just makes you come off poorly, you know?

You can agree, you can disagree, but it's about perception here.

Funny you said it's not B&C, I was just about to point that out. It's not. It's a thread in a U2 tour section, about how they did on the U2 tour. If you want to have an Interpol thread in B&C, I guarantee you I won't bother "shitting on" your thread. I realize there are a couple people here that like them, and there's also a few others who like/did like them and absolutely hated their set at the U2 show. :shrug:

That logic is not sound re: by extension the fans. You would laugh and commence ribbing me for a few pages if I said that to you about some band that I gushed about.

I don't overly criticize other singers, but frankly I think one of the main reasons Interpol don't do well is because of how prominently his voice stands out in the live setting. On the album cuts, he's buried in the mix so you don't hear it. Out there with full PA, he's just droning away, and it's not great singing, frankly. Sorry, but I still don't see how this is a personal slight against you...I actually recall you completely dissing the KOL singer some time back...something about dying cats or something lol...so what? I think he's not as bad as you made him out to be, but I aint mad at ya! ;)

Gabe, you could call my mother any number of things and I wouldn't feel slighted. But there's a distinct difference between criticism and taking glee in giving a band shit, and I think you've crossed over into the latter here, which is rude considering the regulars of this thread. That's all.

But I'll drop it. Have fun! :wave: I know you didn't when you saw Interpol, so this will have to do.

It would be cool if the hate could at least stay in one thread. I had an awesome time at the show, so I'm enjoying reading about other people's experiences, but it's constant jokes/pics/hating on them. Kind of a bummer

No, I don't give a shit if you don't like Interpol as long as you were a polite audience that gave them a chance. If you were too busy talking, playing on your phone, cracking jokes, heckling and what have you, then yes, I am pissed off. Anytime a band gets to take the stage with a band of the caliber of U2, it's a great opportunity for them, they're likely nervous, they're always going to be mixed poorly, because that's just how it goes when you're an opening band (they don't want you taking any presence away from the main act).

If you truly, truly gave them a fair opportunity and you didn't like their performance, FINE, your loss. But if you were a bad audience to a band that did you no wrong and is just trying to make it in the business (and clearly U2 thinks they're worth a shot), that's just poor form on your part. THAT is what pisses me off.

I guess you are going to have to add me to the list of people pissing you off. I read my book during Interpol. The book was amazing, Interpol....was not in my opinion. :shrug:

For the record, I don't owe it to any band to give them a shot. idgaf if they are trying to make it in the business. I paid to see U2. If I didn't have GA I would have shown up after they were done.

I guess you are going to have to add me to the list of people pissing you off. I read my book during Interpol. The book was amazing, Interpol....was not in my opinion. :shrug:

Thanks for chiming in and enriching our lives :up: I'll sleep much better tonight

Dumbledore's Interpol's Army: you know I love you guys, but you're being a little weird about this.

cool story bro.

I wasn't aware that we should only post sunshine and roses. Perhaps the OP should go back and edit the title of this thread to say something like:
ATTN: ONLY POSITIVE INTERPOL THOUGHTS! THNX

Oh, and happy to help you sleep. :hug:

It was the way you responded. "Oh, well, add me to your list". You're like a bunch of hate mongers

you-are-not-mad-false-u-mad-bro-thumb.jpg

:wink:

I'm really sorry mate, but I saw them in Brussels with an open mind, having never heard of them, and just saw them again in Montreal and Toronto.

It was the same total snoozefest, it all sounded like one giant song. The lead singer is just a guitar player/singer, he's no front man at all! All he says is thank you very much, we are interpol, this is *song name*. He has NO feeling for the crowd at all, and his voice is so monotonous it literally made me fall asleep.

It's nice if you like them, but I can totally get where the rest are getting their opinions from. I just do NOT understand why this band is an opener for U2.

you're just a simpleton asshole :wink:

Perhaps not the right word. I dont know how to explain it. It's just irritating. I know it shouldn't bug me so much, but it does. Maybe I'm just cranky today to begin with

It was the way you responded. "Oh, well, add me to your list". You're like a bunch of hate mongers

lol, I've been called a lot of things but never a hate monger. The post I quoted was terribly pretentious. Who dictates appropriate behavior when at a concert? Please. Crowd members don't owe anybody shit except not to physically/audibly interfere with others enjoyment of the show.

This is a very strange thread.

Back
Top Bottom