First rehearsal sounds! (Stand Up Comedy?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was only 27 seconds long and Adam playing his bass. I couldn't really make out what song it was.

the exclusive content on u2.com is amazing. wow, i am going to watch that over and over. :crack:

really, why even bother putting that up?

it's just a teaser folks. they're not going to give us full rehearsal recordings, lol!

The tune is clearly Stand Up Comedy!

maybe they wanna know what are reactions are to it,
maybe its the opener, (I'd imagine it would work well as an opener!)

Adams bass is cool, anyone know the model?
the last I seen of him using it was in the Achtung Baby inlay card.

Few acoustic guitars around in the background, maybe White As Snow will be played!
I guess Bono would wanna play it, he wanted to make a stripped down acoustic album before NLOTH,
perhaps he will get to do so on SOA.

i gotta be honest, after watching the video, i dont' think they were playing SUC. it sounded more like The Edge was just warming up his fingers. i play a similar riff when i play guitar, just as a warm up.

I keep looking back at this thread, hoping there will be some new rehearsal information whenever I do so.

I'm not sure why I do this. I am thus far out of luck. :angry:

Adams bass is cool, anyone know the model?
the last I seen of him using it was in the Achtung Baby inlay card.

Looks like his golden oldie 1970's Gibson Les Paul Triumph bass, with a slight alteration.
What's interesting is that there's not one, but two Gretsch Irish Falcons(Bono's guitar) in the background. The black acoustic is a Taylor if I'm not mistaken(I'm sure Edge_Orchestra can correct me on this)

And I don't think it's clearly SUC. I think Edge was just randomly playing..

Ooh! Maybe Edge is rehearsing for when they'll play SOA in its entirety on opening night!

Guys, guys, we're jumping to conclusions. It was obviously "J. Swallow". I know we'd all love to hear that one again. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom