First rehearsal sounds! (Stand Up Comedy?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exactly. And the reason why we don't see Bono in these clips is because he's busy working out really hard to get his ass in appropriate shape for the tour. :sexywink:

I hope his treadmill has one of those book holder things and he's reading/memorising lyrics :madwife:

*goes to ponder the words: 'his ass' and 'appropriate shape' whilst taking a cold shower---thanks Last Unicorn!!!!* :laugh:

I think they don't wanna spoil it for us by showing them rehearse stuff we don't know about. Magnificent and BD are givens.

SMB

Well some more interresting clips would be nice. Not 4 out of 5 clips involving some notes from magnificent.

I agree, buts its doubtful we'll get them!

Id say the next few will be GOYB, and we will really start to complain then,

ACROBAT EDGE ACROOOOOOOOOOBAT!!!!!!!!!

New vid is up, as usual cannot view it as i am at work, could someone view it and give some details? thanks

i thought love and peace or else would suck live, and it didn't. it was actually a highlight.

moral of the story... none of you know the fuck what any of these songs will sound like live until you, ya know, hear them live, and any guess at wether or not stand up comedy will "suck" or not is simply that... a guess.

Well, considering that SUC is one of the worst U2 songs of all time, it's more of a logical guess. ;)

Well, considering that SUC is one of the worst U2 songs of all time, it's more of a logical guess. ;)
I know you've winked on that comment but Stand Up Comedy is one of their best in my view, I love it when it comes on. It will be amazing live, I hope they play it.

I know you've winked on that comment but Stand Up Comedy is one of their best in my view, I love it when it comes on. It will be amazing live, I hope they play it.

I don't think SUC is one of U2's best songs, nor did I think Elevation was, but they both can and will rock the crowd like few other U2 hits.
:rockon:

Mark

sub⋅jec⋅tive  /səbˈdʒɛktɪv/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [suhb-jek-tiv] Show IPA
–adjective 1. existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective ).
2. pertaining to or characteristic of an individual; personal; individual: a subjective evaluation.
3. placing excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes, opinions, etc.; unduly egocentric.
4. Philosophy. relating to or of the nature of an object as it is known in the mind as distinct from a thing in itself.
5. relating to properties or specific conditions of the mind as distinguished from general or universal experience.
6. pertaining to the subject or substance in which attributes inhere; essential.

sub⋅jec⋅tive  /səbˈdʒɛktɪv/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [suhb-jek-tiv] Show IPA
–adjective 1. existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective ).
2. pertaining to or characteristic of an individual; personal; individual: a subjective evaluation.
3. placing excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes, opinions, etc.; unduly egocentric.
4. Philosophy. relating to or of the nature of an object as it is known in the mind as distinct from a thing in itself.
5. relating to properties or specific conditions of the mind as distinguished from general or universal experience.
6. pertaining to the subject or substance in which attributes inhere; essential.

:love: You should put that in your sig.

I'm hoping that the new rehearsal clips will come from Camp Nou. But NLOTH sounds absolutely amazing. :up:

I'm dyin' for more info than u2.com is providing us, so I took a quick glance at u2eastlink to see if anyone in Barcelona is hearing anything yet.

Take this for what it's worth - even if it's true what this person wrote, it is just rehearsal sounds. The following was heard & posted by a user named 'acrobatic':

Unknown Caller (!!!)
NLOTH
Magnificent
Crazy Tonight
Moment of Surrender

Apparently most of what was rehearsed was organ/synth... not much guitar or vocals. Is the band even there yet?

^ I just read that on the U2start forum. @u2 had the link posted on their site.

huh... I missed that when I was on there earlier. I saw the photo links, but I didn't look down to see the other new posts from today. Cool - must be a reliable source, then.

I reeeeally hope they play UC. I think it has the potential to be a great live song... great enough to change the minds of those who aren't too fond of the studio version.

Back
Top Bottom