Farewell thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adypole

Refugee
I live where I don't wanna drown, but god I'm goin
For fans such as myself that are considering/going to take a temporary break from the forum for reasons such as that the element of suprise will grow less and less great what with all the new pics and info being posted.

This is your grand farewell! :lol:

It's...gonna be hard.

Damn, I was hoping for one of those hilarious "You guys are so mean to me and censor anything and everything I post and blah blah board is sooo much better than you guys because they allow me to do whatever I want, and I hate you all and you SUCK!!!

And you better watch out, because I know people."

:grumpy:

:D

Damn, I was hoping for one of those hilarious "You guys are so mean to me and censor anything and everything I post and blah blah board is sooo much better than you guys because they allow me to do whatever I want, and I hate you all and you SUCK!!!

And you better watch out, because I know people."

:grumpy:

:D

Those are pretty special. :wink:

Damn, I should do this too, but I'm still high on NLOTH and blue crack. I don't think I can yet.

I was going to until I saw the construction pics :hyper::Dand now I just got to stay

i hear you. what i think i'm going to do is look at the pics of the first show, download the bootleg, find out about GA rules, and then just not really pay attention until the Chicago show. i don't think it will be ruined for me. even before the internet age, i knew that Mofo was opening the Popmart shows and that they were playing Pride relatively early, and it didn't ruin my experience.

I want to do the same but it's SOOOOOOOOO Hard!! I need therapy.

This is why I'm going to opening night. There's no way I could stay away from Interference during the tour, but I wanted to experience that sense of surprise also.

This is why I'm going to opening night. There's no way I could stay away from Interference during the tour, but I wanted to experience that sense of surprise also.

I would have gone if it was in the US, and seriously considered Spain, but I re-did my kitchen this year...SO, I suck.

I thought I could... but again this morning in my car I was thinking about the first set list party... :cute: and I will be there!!!! So, no hidding from the forum for me. Good luck to the ones who will let their computers off :applaud:

I am completely convinced that I will NOT be able to NOT look.
I want to be surprised but knowing my need for info this just won't work

:angry: at himself

I thought I could... but again this morning in my car I was thinking about the first set list party... :cute: and I will be there!!!! So, no hidding from the forum for me. Good luck to the ones who will let their computers off :applaud:

i hear ya. i just don't have the will power. i'll look at the opening night setlist, download and listen to the bootleg, than i won't look anymore until Chicago, since i'm sure the setlist will change by then....so at least i'll have a couple surprises!

Wow, a support group! I'm going to try REALLY, REALLY hard not to look at/listen to anything before the September show in Bos. Of course it's all going to go to pot when I'm waiting in the GA line and everyone is talking about set lists, the claw, etc....so what's the point of abstaining? Not quite sure, but I'm still gonna try...but why deny myself 3 months of joy reading other fans' accounts of concerts...after all it didn't bother me that I knew the setlist on the Vertigo tour. Hmm, now I'm unsure what I'm going to do. Must say that it made NLOTH all that much sweeter (I think) the first time listening, when I hadn't heard anything before the official release date.
Such a dilemma :hmm:

Oops, I blew it already...just looked at pictures of the claw. I guess I have minimal willpower.

I think I'll revise it and say I'm not going to pay attention to anything having to do with setlists :)

For fans such as myself that are considering/going to take a temporary break from the forum for reasons such as that the element of suprise will grow less and less great what with all the new pics and info being posted.

This is your grand farewell! :lol:

It's...gonna be hard.

I have the same opinion about the setlist. I don't mind seeing the stage, but I don't want to hear a setlist :) Have to hold on until 20th of July. So no Interference anymore from 30th of June ... or I have to avoid setlist threads haha

Well I am going to stay and watch everything come in and suck it up like a sponge until I see them at Wembley. Then I am gonna come back here after and tell you how you all RUINED it for me you bastards :angry:

:lol::lol:

Well I am going to stay and watch everything come in and suck it up like a sponge until I see them at Wembley. Then I am gonna come back here after and tell you how you all RUINED it for me you bastards :angry:

:lol::lol:

:up::D:lol:

I was shocked they played Zooropa for the last tour and i was ecstatic. i did not know the setlists coming into East Rutherford. So it was definately worth the wait and staying away from the boards!!.

This time i have to wait to September 24, almost 3 months into the tour.:sigh:

I was shocked they played Zooropa for the last tour and i was ecstatic. i did not know the setlists coming into East Rutherford. So it was definately worth the wait and staying away from the boards!!.

This time i have to wait to September 24, almost 3 months into the tour.:sigh:

Zooropa?

I'm avoiding pictures, but I've already seen a lot of the claw. I want to be surprised by the songs and the other production features though, such as this mysterious screen, the lights, e.t.c.

It'll be hard because I don't see a show until September 16th.

This is it. There are 28 days left for my first U2 concert in 4 years, 15/7/09 in Nice, and U2eastlink are already starting to spoil everything it looks like. I'll try my best not to visit Interference for the next 4 weeks. I can't promise anything, but I'll try.
I've seen the stage a thousand times now, but it's the songs I'm worried about. U2.com keeps hinting that they're gonna bring back something big. Let's leave at that.
For the next four weeks: Goodbye, Interference.

i've realized that being spoiled is unavoidable. if i'm not seeing the setlist here, i'm sure one of my friends will say something.

Back
Top Bottom