Bono voice highligt 360 campign!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You really believe that Bono doesn't smoke still? :huh:

Bono may say he's doing all these things but in reality he doesn't. Yes I belive he has cut down in both smoking and drinking, but I still get the impression he goes a bit overboard between concerts and it's evident in his voice.

The best suggestion for Bono is to just stop all drink and smokes while on tour. But do you really think Bono would do that? I don't mind him getting fat from giving up the booze and smokes, as he can always lose that later on. But booze and smokes is always going to be more harsher on his voice, and perhaps overall health long term.

There are no words to describe this voice.....it's just fucking ridiculous, really....it's almost disgusting.....it's disturbing actually....it's not even really human...Bono is not human. Fact.

"let it rain" - 5:18-5:23

YouTube - U2 - Pride / MLK (Dublin 25. 7. 2009)

I'm pretty sure nobody in the history of the universe has EVER pronounced the word "rain" in a more beautiful, epic, stunning, breathtaking way.

Bono's voice seems the only highlight of the tour so far. I'm going to Wembley next week, and don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it, but I think the band are playing really lazy.

All the guitar sounds, and playing seems really safe, and exactly the same as the last tour. Take Bad for instance, amazing song, but it just sounds the same as it did on the last tour, and the one before that.

A lot of the songs just sound programmed into Edge's box of tricks, and like he just clicks a button, or should I say Dallas does, and away we go.

What happened to the days when they re-worked songs for a tour e.g. ZooTV.

A few exceptions, Unforgettable Fire is sounding amazing, and they nailed Electrical Storm in Gothenburg.

Bono's voice seems the only highlight of the tour so far. I'm going to Wembley next week, and don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it, but I think the band are playing really lazy.

All the guitar sounds, and playing seems really safe, and exactly the same as the last tour. Take Bad for instance, amazing song, but it just sounds the same as it did on the last tour, and the one before that.

A lot of the songs just sound programmed into Edge's box of tricks, and like he just clicks a button, or should I say Dallas does, and away we go.

A few exceptions, Unforgettable Fire is sounding amazing, and they nailed Electrical Storm in Gothenburg.

:| Songs sound the same because thats how they sound, what songs where "re-worked" during ZooTv? ok running to stand still, and maybe the fly, but what else?

:| Songs sound the same because thats how they sound, what songs where "re-worked" during ZooTv? ok running to stand still, and maybe the fly, but what else?

the long solo on Mysterious Ways :drool:

The transition Lemon-WOWY :drool:

The new crazy tonight remix :drool:
The Transition between crazy and sbs :drool:
Unkown Caller-UF-COBL :drool:

?

to me Bono is sounding pretty solid (some of u guys said he has been off the past few nights but he is still sounding good and not nearly as off as he was on say the Milan DVD where is sounds like he has gone back in time to 2001 and swallowed glass) but i have been really dissapointed in Vertigo. Bono hasnt hit the feeeeeeeeel once that I have heard on this tour. Thats fine but if u cant sing the chorus of a song dont play it - the song is nothing without those big A notes

From what I've heard so far I feel the main difference with this tour over the last is the lack of improvisation. I think that is a trade-off when you are playing gigs of this size with all the pre-programmed lighting and video transitions. It won't be a problem for 90% of the attendees but for those of us who see/listen to multiple shows it becomes tedious relative to say the Vertigo indoor shows.

My only dissapointment is in the style of song being played. Perhaps a bit too much light and not enough dark. And the dark is often where Edge sounds best - Bullet the Blue Sky, Love is Blindness, Love and Piece, the Fly. The key moment of Edge magnificence on this tour, Unknown Caller, just fizzles out partway through his killer solo - it just dies. Don't know why.

Still early days I suppose but I hope the band can tell Willie and co to relax a bit and/or relax a bit themselves and shake things up. I honestly don't think many of us give a flying claw whether an extra 3 minute long reprise in Bad is accompanied by blue lights or green ones but we sure as heck would appreciate the spontaneity.

Back on topic - Bono does indeed sound good just hope he sings a song to make the most of his talents - enjoyed the opera on the last tour - hopefully Miss Sarajevo will be in attendance in Zagreb next week.

The note is a B :)

Vertigo realy loses a bit of the energy when he dosnt hit that note :(

yea i know what do u think - u think he cant hit it anymore or it is to rough on his voice - then again back to my original question why bother to play the song at all

yea i know what do u think - u think he cant hit it anymore or it is to rough on his voice - then again back to my original question why bother to play the song at all

:huh:

You really think the majority of the people at a U2 show care whether or not Bono nails the "feel" note? This isn't even about the majority....when the song starts up, almost nobody in the entire stadium cares about this. Why play the song? You can't be serious....

Sure it's still a great song to go off on and i enjoyed it at the Amsterdam I show but still it's better when he hits that notes.

And i can't see how he would have problems with it knowing he had to do it everytime with the Vertigo tour.

I think Larry is playing his best since R&H and Adam either the best ever or since Popmart. Take for example WOWY- Bono seems to want to talk his way through it this tour, but Larry is back to hitting the drums like he did in 87-92 performances of this song. Both Larry and Adam are playing well from the start of still havent found, etc.

Edge has brought UF and UV back, played all the new material perfectly, etc.

Bottom line, we can question choice of songs, lighting, effects, etc. As far as playing goes, the band is in top form, no doubt at all!

From the boots I listened to and the videos I've watched it seemed Bono had some problems in Dublin (night 2 and 3) and also Gothenburg, but it didn't sound too bad. In Gelsenkirchen, his voice sounded fine to me. Not hoarse or rough, indeed better than it did in the Gothenburg videos.

Maybe there's a cold or something going through U2 - Bono might have had it first and given it to Edge and Adam.

:huh:

You really think the majority of the people at a U2 show care whether or not Bono nails the "feel" note? This isn't even about the majority....when the song starts up, almost nobody in the entire stadium cares about this. Why play the song? You can't be serious....

I just think the song looses something when the singer isnt able to sing the song - i think that makes sense - and I assume it must be a little embarassing for bono when he inst able to sing the song. And like another poster said its strange because he was pretty much able to hit it every night on the vertigo tour one way or another. I guess his voice has changed in some ways for the better and other for the worse - I wonder if he could sing somtimes you cant make it still

I just think the song looses something when the singer isnt able to sing the song - i think that makes sense - and I assume it must be a little embarassing for bono when he inst able to sing the song. And like another poster said its strange because he was pretty much able to hit it every night on the vertigo tour one way or another. I guess his voice has changed in some ways for the better and other for the worse - I wonder if he could sing somtimes you cant make it still

I think you're blowing things way out of proportion....just because Bono hasn't been hitting the "feel" note doesn't mean he isn't able to sing the song, and it seems a bit silly to generalize things and say his voice has changed for the worse in some ways...

I too have been listening to the boots and some of the singing sounds uninspired. They sound like he just wants to get them over and done with. There is hardly any emotions in them (ex. I Still haven't found, COBL, Vertigo, Pride, Walk On, WOWOY). Edge has been playing rather well but he has had a lot of screw ups from the sounds of it. The solos... man, you gotta hit those dude! I don't know, that is just my observation from listening to the boots and watching the old DVD concerts. 360 has a lot more pontential I think and I know this has been beaten to death by now but starting off the show with Breathe is just... blah. They need to change it up. :wave:

I agree, they need a rockier song and there are rockier songs on the new album.

Why "should" it sound like that? imo its better when it sounds a little different night after night.

Back
Top Bottom