All LIVE NATION Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally got an account set up. Very very slow, and not so customer friendly :crack:

I found this under the Customer Service area, somewhere on the site (for charge by phone). If the mods don't want the numbers posted, please remove. :reject:

House of Blues Member Ticketing -- 800.431.3462

All Venues in Canada -- 877.598.8258
New England -- 877.598.8689 (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
New York -- 877.598.8694
Mid-Atlantic -- 877.598.8696 (DC, DE, MD, NJ, PA)
Southeast -- 877.598.8698 (AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, NC, LA, MS, SC, WV, VA, TN)
Midwest -- 877.598.8703 (IN, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, NE, ND, OH, WI)
Northwest -- 877.598.6659 (CA,CO, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY)
Southwest -- 877.598.6671 (AZ, CA, HI, NV, NM, OK, TX, UT)

And in the first post, Amy mentioned her friend contacted Live Nation about rumors. Perhaps someone should contact Live Nation about a LOT of U2 fans and the worry/concern/difficulty/anxiety we are all experiencing in anticipation of tickets going on sale, and their site not being capable of handling the sheer volume of people wanting to buy tickets when the sales begin. It sounds like it may be a huge clusterfuck :angry:

And I've never purchased tix thru LN before (Lies Nation or Live Abomination :hmm: ). Ticketmaster's site generally works to get tickets, I just was never happy about the fees, or the fact I never really got any incredible seats for shows (usually average to crappy). And higher fees at LN? WTF? :angry:

OK, I'm gonna say it, and maybe get flamed for doing so: that stage setup fuckin' sucks. If they don't get people to buy their tickets, they'll deserve it for coming up with such a piss poor stage design.

ok where on that crappy site do you put in your cc ahead of time? They were soooo nasty on the phone!

I spoke with someone there and they said your cc gets stored after you make an initial purchase..and that they will be ready for the sale since they've been updating their systems after the Nickelback fiasco :crack: :corn:

Live Nation Account

Why do you need a Live Nation Ticketing Account and a My Live Nation Account? I'm so confused. I couldn't use the same username for both accounts and never got the confirmation email. I went to my Live Nation Ticketing Account to verify my account information and it put me in a "Virtual Waiting Room" to get access to my account information.

Help! Anyone else have these problems?

Is there a place to add our credit card number for quick purchases?

I hate to say it, but I miss Ticketmaster.

Thanks! Connie :|

Forgive the ignorance here (I don't buy concert tickets often), but what is Live Nation's role in the ticket buying process? Is ticketmaster no longer the source of U2 tickets? does it vary by venue? I ask this because for several artists on the live nation website, I'll click on buy tickets and it sends me off to the familiar ticketmaster site. I would really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this for me or at least point me where I can read up on things.

I was confused too. I clicked on Dave Matthews and some other band and both times when I clicked buy tickets, it took me to Ticketmaster's site. :huh:

So ca someone clue me in without me having to read 9 pages. Are tickets only gonna be available on livenation.com and not ticketmaster?

I should clarify that I will read anything I ahve to to be an expert on how to go about getting tickets on the onsale date. I just wanna know what's going on.

I'm thisclose to buying some cheap shitty ticket for who knows what just so I can get my CC info in the database ahead of time.

Why do you need a Live Nation Ticketing Account and a My Live Nation Account? I'm so confused. I couldn't use the same username for both accounts and never got the confirmation email. I went to my Live Nation Ticketing Account to verify my account information and it put me in a "Virtual Waiting Room" to get access to my account information.

Virtual waiting room?!! Tickets.com has that...I really hope that we all don't end up going through that hassle when we're trying to access tickets. :sad:

This has probably been asked and answered already in here, but if the link to buy tickets on Live Nation takes you to Ticketmaster, can you sign into your Ticketmaster account and buy your tickets that way? Or will that screw up the whole process?

That's exactly what I'd like to know. If we're able to simply log into Ticketmaster I'd way rather do that. Their set up looks way more user friendly plus I've done it so many times I could do it in my sleep. I don't wanna be learning the day of.

And like you Liesje I'm tempted to buy some shit tickets just to get my cc info up. What a crap setup by livenation.

All, the europe horizon presale went quite smooth from what i've heard, some people had trouble others faced no issue.

Really don't think it's gonna be that bad, but for europe each country had it's own operator so maybe that helped.

All, the europe horizon presale went quite smooth from what i've heard, some people had trouble others faced no issue.

Really don't think it's gonna be that bad, but for europe each country had it's own operator so maybe that helped.

But has LiveNation been doing the European sales?

I asked my friend who works for Ticketmaster what the deal is and here's what she says:

"ticketmaster USA will be selling tickets. Ticketmaster here in canada will not be selling the tickets as we host a differnent system then in the states you'd have to purchase online at ticketmaster.COM or call live nation before hand to see if they have any presales or internet sales"

So according to her Ticketmaster.COM will sell them but not ticketmaster.ca

But has LiveNation been doing the European sales?

Yes but it's a lot of different organisations under one name. Here in Holland we had Livenation.nl, but I already know that in France you can still queue at the post office, which we can't do anymore. It's all different systems operating under one name.

Yes but it's a lot of different organisations under one name. Here in Holland we had Livenation.nl, but I already know that in France you can still queue at the post office, which we can't do anymore. It's all different systems operating under one name.

I think that is part of why it is going down smoothly in Europe. In the USA everyone will be on the same site, the servers will get slammed.

I asked my friend who works for Ticketmaster what the deal is and here's what she says:

"ticketmaster USA will be selling tickets. Ticketmaster here in canada will not be selling the tickets as we host a differnent system then in the states you'd have to purchase online at ticketmaster.COM or call live nation before hand to see if they have any presales or internet sales"

So according to her Ticketmaster.COM will sell them but not ticketmaster.ca

That's hard to believe, since they are the same....look at the websites, you can your user account back and fourth, what the hell is canada gunna use, just weird, ticketmaster has a monopoly on everything across north america.

Help! Anyone else have these problems?

Is there a place to add our credit card number for quick purchases?

I hate to say it, but I miss Ticketmaster.

Thanks! Connie :|

Yes that is confusing.. and I couldnt use the same log in for both things. :angry:

Yeah I think so too. Ticketmaster.com needs way more servers than they have atm.

makes me wonder if this is another reason why they split the presale in 3 groups. when you think about it, the number of "Horizoners" for each show won't be all that many to crash a site, but a whole group of U2 fans potentially could.

That's hard to believe, since they are the same....look at the websites, you can your user account back and fourth, what the hell is canada gunna use, just weird, ticketmaster has a monopoly on everything across north america.

It is weird but I know for a fact when I tried getting Dallas Cowboys tickets via ticketmster.ca I couldn't. I had to log into ticketmaster.com.

I think the Ticketmaster comment is a miscommunication.
Of course a Canadian wanting to attend a US show will have to go through the US site. The US site represents the stadium for all purposes of point of purchase and taxable income. However, a Canadian show/date will occur on the Canadian site (Toronto,Vancouver). The point of purchase and the collection of data to report taxable income must come from the country in which the stadium is hosting the gig. Simple as that. It is law.
I think the representative of Ticketmaster, in this case, is assuming all NA shows are in the USA.

So neither site lists U2 shows yet... do we know 100% whether Live Nation or Ticketmaster are selling the shows?

U2 signed a deal with LN, so I guess that makes sense, but then again they are merging I heard, but haven't yet...

For only a few weeks away, usually the shows are up on the sites to check out. No?

Back
Top Bottom