1st or 2nd show better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I am going to the 2nd boston show and am wondering if the first show in a city or the second is generally better

especilly regarding bonos voice

what do u guys think

I'd go for 2nd one anytime.

I've been to at least five 1st and 2nd night combinations, and without hesitation 2nd nights tend to be better. I think mainly the band is looser.

I really enjoyed Chi1, but I think Chi2 sounded better and flowed better.

Mark

Agreed, at least as far back as PopMart, the second (or later) show has been pretty consistently more fun, and with a greater possibility for setlist variation.

Second night, although if Toronto is any indication, first nights on this leg might end up turning out very, very well.

Another vote here for second show :wave: In every instance where I've seen multiple shows in a city, the second show has always been much, much better. Of course this is not always a given, but it just seems to be a common trend.

It all depends on your own experience for the most part...

Toronto 1 was a much better setlist (imo) but the audience seemed flat at least from where I was in GA.

Toronto 2 had a crappier setlist (imo) but the audience was much more in to it, I had seats for this one though.

:shrug:

I don't think there is an exact science to such a subjective thing. Typically though the 2nd or last night in a particular city is the best show. The band usually are more relaxed and tend to mix up the setlist somewhat (by their standards). Not always, but typically that is the case.

2nd always. Tough call to make though whilst in the city not to go to one of the shows. I know I can't do it.

I don't really understand why 2nd night is normally better. I've read people say that they 'play safe' for the paper review but I'm strong believer that the quality of the shows are often reflected by the amount of fun the crowd are having, and in turn that a lot depends on the quality of the crowd around you. Have a stale crowd around you and you're less likely to generate and feel the energy? So I don't really know why 2nd nights are often better.

Back
Top Bottom