Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was "announced" in February. You get so much free shit with a PSN membership that it doesn't really matter (and $10 cheaper than Xbox Live Gold) and if it means the servers are more stable, I'll take it.

There have been rumors for years, but this was the first official confirmation that I'm aware of. People are shitting bricks about it on gaming sites. It's the exact same price as Live, Live is $50 essentially everywhere but the dashboard. You get no server stability promises with this. Only Live is going to provide cloud services as "dedicated servers for every game" on X1, Sony has pretty much only announced streaming with Gaikai.

I had a + membership when it was still $35, and I still thought it was a waste of money. Live announced they're copying the "free games every month" model at the conference today. I believe there are already free games available for download (Fable 3 was free this morning). Both services seem to only give crap no one is buying any more, understandably I guess. Driveclub for free at launch is pretty sweet though (if that game actually ends up decent).

The free games was enough to get me to subscribe already, I'm just to lazy to push the button. If I have to do it to play online, so be it, I guess. It was going to happen sooner or later.

There have been rumors for years, but this was the first official confirmation that I'm aware of. People are shitting bricks about it on gaming sites. It's the exact same price as Live, Live is $50 essentially everywhere but the dashboard. You get no server stability promises with this. Only Live is going to provide cloud services as "dedicated servers for every game" on X1, Sony has pretty much only announced streaming with Gaikai.

I had a + membership when it was still $35, and I still thought it was a waste of money. Live announced they're copying the "free games every month" model at the conference today. I believe there are already free games available for download (Fable 3 was free this morning). Both services seem to only give crap no one is buying any more, understandably I guess. Driveclub for free at launch is pretty sweet though (if that game actually ends up decent).

I didn't see too many complaints about the change (most people are probably too pleased about the DRM to care), and I won't add to them, but my expectations have been increased considerably for both server stability and the design of PSN (which I dislike). I think if you really love gaming you wind up owning every console by the end of the generation anyway (I do), so I never used free internet as an "argument" for going Sony only, especially since the multiplayer was so mediocre. If there aren't improvements, I will be first in line to complain. I pay for a better online experience on XBL and I get it. I expect things to level out with the price hike.

RE: shitty PSN/XBL games, I get so far behind that it's worth it to me if I want to catch up on a series that had slipped through the cracks (I fell in love with Infamous through a PSN offer), and if you jump on it at key points (like E3) you get some nice stuff.

Got my PS4 pre-ordered. Says I'm not going to get it until January 7th...definitely a placeholder.

PlayStation ‏@PlayStation 1h

PS4 out $399 in the US, out this Holiday.“At PlayStation, true consumer ownership and consumer trust are central to what we do.”

Uh huh. At the very least, someone at Sony figured out the right rhetorical stance to poke MS with.

Uh huh. At the very least, someone at Sony figured out the right rhetorical stance to poke MS with.

These consoles are 6 to 7 months away still as well. So much time for policy and price changes, not sure why people are making such a huge deal about things at this point. Wasn't the original announced PS3 price $600, or was that just the "larger harddrive" model?

Regardless, competition is good for both companies.

All I think when seeing new consoles is, "what's that gonna look like covered in dust"? Those glossy finishes both Sony and Microsoft did briefly this gen were terrible for that.

I'm buying Wii U at some point, but Nintendo's offerings weren't an immediate incentive to:

-Super Mario 3D World (seems like a weaker/less expansive Super Mario 64, although you can play as Peach/Toad/Luigi a la SMB2)
-Mario Kart 8 (yeah, I'll buy it, especially since the tracks look awesome)
-Sonic: Lost World (New Super Mario Bros, but with Sonic, seems interesting)
-A new Oddworld game (!?!)
-Wind Waker HD (never played it, so I'm mildly interested in this)
-Pikmin 3 (yay)
-The Wonderful 101 (looked great last year, seems like something unique at least)
-Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (meh, I'd prefer a Donkey Kong 64 sequel)
-Bayonetta 2 (!)
-X (by Monolith Soft, so it looks a lot like a Xeno game, which means it will probably rule)
-Super Smash Bros Wii U (!!*#&@&$*#&#&#&jizz)

The big titles aren't really coming out until next year, but this isn't an embarrassing batch by any means. It just won't save the system is all.

I anticipated this happening once I saw it- I absolutely love that Playstation Used Game YouTube video. Not because of the content, but because

a) the comments
on
b) a YouTube video
c) related to video games
d) posted everywhere

this is the platonic ideal of a trainwreck
dUSTBQV.png

Friends, I was at a cottage all week 4 hours North of Toronto in the sticks with no cellphone service or internet connection. I've missed all this deliciousness. Can you guys fill me in a bit so I know what to go look for videos on?

Friends, I was at a cottage all week 4 hours North of Toronto in the sticks with no cellphone service or internet connection. I've missed all this deliciousness. Can you guys fill me in a bit so I know what to go look for videos on?

Some I think you will be highly interested in (FYI, 64 players, 60 frames per second confirmed for BF4 multiplayer on next-gen consoles....):

Battlefield 4 -- E3 Multiplayer Gameplay -- Best Moments - YouTube

Killzone: Shadow Fall - E3 2013 Stage Demo - YouTube

Star Wars: Battlefront Official E3 Preview - YouTube

Others you might like: Titanfall (Xbox exclusive, but it's EA, so it'll probably be a timed exclusive for a year or two like Mass Effect), Tom Clancy's The Division, Destiny, EA's UFC game (not much to see, but what's out there looks insane), Watch Dogs, there's a video demo of the new Infamous out there too, etc. Tons of other really cool looking games. New consoles are going to be awesome.

Plus, he already has a girlfriend. The battle is over, JT, you won, wear the headset......let's talk one day, JT. Let's talk while killing everyone in sight.

Some I think you will be highly interested in (FYI, 64 players, 60 frames per second confirmed for BF4 multiplayer on next-gen consoles....):

Battlefield 4 -- E3 Multiplayer Gameplay -- Best Moments - YouTube

*sploosh*
:hyper:

So is SW Battlefront a Battlefield style game???

Maybe buy a headset when you get a new console, prick.

He "feels like a nerd" with a headset on while he sits in front of his collection of antique cameras, monster models, and books about creatures.

hahaha touche

Plus, he already has a girlfriend. The battle is over, JT, you won, wear the headset......let's talk one day, JT. Let's talk while killing everyone in sight.

I will right my wrongs in the next generation

I'll get a headset, but I'm not talking to those savages on Modern Worfare. Battlefield only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom