LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sky1 in the UK will be airing the finale at 5am Monday morning, instead of the usual Friday night, to sync with the West Coast's 9pm air time.
It will air again at 9pm on Tuesday and Friday too.

They said they're hoping it would beat piracy via online downloads by showing it at the same time it airs in the US.

that is awesome

i'll be watching it on veetle.com on east coast time which will be 6-830 arizona time

i'd be pissed if i had to stay up until 1030

as I said the last episode was back to form

and I am looking forward to 'whatever' they want to serve us up in the 2 1/2 hour finale

but, this really kind of bothered me

Lost-Season-6-Ep-14-The-Candidate-10.jpg

why is Kate struggling to reach the extra 6 inches to the keys on the dead guy's belt

when his right leg is next to the cage?
why didn't Sawyer just reach through the bars and pick him up by his leg and grab the keys?

Love the cartoon, VP. I remember being absolutely convinced that the monster would turn out to be Joop, a giant-ape-Dharma-experiment gone horribly wrong. I was also convinced (and I'm still not quite ready to let it go completely) that the fans were actually 'writing' the show all along.

Oh, Lost, how we loved you.

While I am glad to see it end, I am really going to miss this show.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

WHA THANKS!!!

That was great...hahaha - mixing their ancient characters with modern day therapy lingo etc !!!

VP!! Thanks!

i hven't seen the Podcasts
but the cartoon was funny anyway!:lol::lol:

OMG! THora THANKS!!!!!

what a FABULOUS video !!! :lol::heart::lol:

and I am looking forward to 'whatever' they want to serve us up in the 2 1/2 hour finale

why is Kate struggling to reach the extra 6 inches to the keys on the dead guy's belt

why didn't Sawyer just reach through the bars and pick him up by his leg and grab the keys?

When the episode aired, I asked the wife why Kate, the one with the shortest arms was the one trying to reach the keys and not someone like Sawyer, who has arms like an orangutan in comparison to Kate.

That was almost comically pathetic. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to be a little glad for the ending. I can go back and rewatch everything and really enjoy it again.

Do you think the baby/children/Walt thing will be explained?

He-Man :drool:

I don't understand why babies born there would be assumed to have powers. Were MIB and Jacob born with powers? I don't remember that, but I don't think so.

He-Man :drool:

I don't understand why babies born there would be assumed to have powers. Were MIB and Jacob born with powers? I don't remember that, but I don't think so.

I agree here. Jake the Snake got power from drinking Mommy Dearest's homemade elixir. And Johnny Cash's powers came from the light that he was led to by
zelda.jpg

Yeah and I didn't think MIBs specialness was an island thing either. Hurley, Walt, and Miles are special too.

I'm guessing that children can't be born on the island because they would automatically have the same kind of standing/powers that TMIB/Jacob have. Right?

I figured the women couldn't get pregnant or carry to term because of the radiation from the incident with the missile.

Prior to that event we saw Amy give birth to Ethan (who had no powers) with no problems.

I figured the women couldn't get pregnant or carry to term because of the radiation from the incident with the missile.

Prior to that event we saw Amy give birth to Ethan (who had no powers) with no problems.

That does seem like the most logical explanation, but if that's true, why does the radiation not affect the mother until she's pregnant? Why does the combination of radiation plus pregnancy kill her?

The only other theory I've read that seems remotely plausible is that maybe all women of childbearing age on the island were candidates, and as such, it was in Smokey's best interest to get rid of them. Given their candidate status, he couldn't kill them outright, so he did something (what that something was was never expounded upon) that caused the fetus to kill the mother, thus getting rid of the candidate indirectly, in much the same way that he used Sawyer to kill those on the sub.

Unlikely, but unless they have some specific explanation as to why the combination of radiation plus pregnancy is deadly, that's the next best theory I've read.

Eta - I just thought of a hole for that theory. That would mean that MIB didn't put it into practice until after Ethan was born. Yeah, I got nothin'.

I think the MIB theory on killing mothers-to-be is solid. Children born on the island could have been candidates or something.
But, what could possibly wait until the mother is in her 2nd(?), 3rd(?) trimester? I don't think radiation could explain that.

I'm guessing this question goes unanswered.

I think that would go against everything the show is about! No they have never said that.

Edit: However I also have not read everything about the show either. This is the only online place I read about Lost, and I get info from my kids are bigger fans than me, but that is definitely the idea I have taken from it all for a while now. That the show is more about the questions than the answers, and the way we think about and answer them ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom