LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something about the way Jack became the new protector seemed way too easy. "I'll do it." I don't know, I just think there's gotta be more to that than meets the eye. I might be wrong.

Maybe they're all potentials slayers-in-training going to end up protecting the island together? Maybe that's the lesson, that no one can effectively lead or protect in isolation?

I'm excited for the big meet up at the concert. I like the idea of this concert being the set piece for the big alternate universe reunion and whatever Des has planned for it. Music, drinks, Kate in a sexy black dress, Faraday, Jack's mystery ex-wife, Driveshaft, etc.

:up: Yup. It's going to be awesome!

Still over one hour til air time here on the West Coast.

Came in here and got SPOILED all over.

But, that's ok, the way they have been writing Lost lately.

Reading spoilers may be the best way to go. :up:

That's why you avoid the thread all evening, until you've seen the episode. :D

So is Richard dead now? :lol: If he is, that's a real letdown of a way to die, for him. I'm presuming he'll be fine, but you just never know...

Pretty good. Momentum seems to be building, my hopes are ever increasing. Still really enjoying the Jack/Locke stuff in the sideways dealie. Pretty lukewarm on the rest, but next week should bring the fuckin' lulz with the Drive Shaft + Faraday "avant garde" musical disco ball of love. Can't imagine Laz being too pleased with the 180-180-180-180 arc that Ben has now completed, this most recent about-face coming approximately...what, 20 hours after the last one? lol Something like that, anyway. At least we can agree on that being S5 finale-level silly. :wink:

All Ben did was get Widmore and his henchwoman killed, the former being a personal mission of his? I wouldn't exactly call that going over to the dark side or making an about face. Not surprised you'd misinterpret that negatively, though, since you're perpetually looking for something to complain about. If you don't think Ben is just waiting for his moment to strike, you're crazy. The guy went out to meet Locke totally expecting (and willing) to die.

This was overall the most satisfying and thriling episode in quite some time. Loved Desmond grinning as he pulled all the strings together.

Yes, this was the best episode in a long time.

The sideways seems to be gaining momentum.

And I have been expecting island inhabitants to meet their end for some time now. Look for many more to be taken out in the final 2 1/2 hours.

So Jack is the new Jacob, and Kate and friends are the new Ilana and friends? :hmm: (his protectors)

Desmond has a new creepy theme song too.

And I do hope Richard gets a more dignified ending than that after they gave him an entire epic back story episode :huh:

And I do hope Richard gets a more dignified ending than that after they gave him an entire epic back story episode :huh:
yeah the guy lived for a long time and never aged, some kind of eternal life thing

well, with only 2.5 hours left, he's gone for good

he could make it in the sideways world.

Sometimes late at night we put on the Music Choice channels on our TV to just have some quiet music in the background. So a few minutes ago (it's 2:30 am right now) my daughter and I happen to notice that suddenly the Dharma symbol is flashed on the screen in place of the Music Choice Channel logo. We are looking at it, then at each other in total confusion, thinking ok are we crazy? Then the symbol changed to the numbers... she grabbed her phone and took a pic... the numbers disappeared and went back to the normal channel logo and hasn't been back since.

:ohmy:

wtf?

lostwtf.png

Edit: LOL! we just flipped to a few different channels and caught it again

lostwtf2.png

Something about the way Jack became the new protector seemed way too easy. "I'll do it." I don't know, I just think there's gotta be more to that than meets the eye. I might be wrong.

Maybe not as awesome a set up for the finale as I had imagined, but I'm excited for the big meet up at the concert. I like the idea of this concert being the set piece for the big alternate universe reunion and whatever Des has planned for it. Music, drinks, Kate in a sexy black dress, Faraday, Jack's mystery ex-wife, Driveshaft, etc.

Well last week Sayid said "Jack, you're going to be the one" before he ran off with the bomb, so if Jack has indeed become the man of faith, he might believe its his destiny.

As for Jack's mystery ex-wife, its gotta be Juliet, right?

That's what I'm assuming, anyway. But who knows? Maybe he'll have been married to the Italian woman, or whatever. Also, Laz bringing the megalulz and baseless personal attacks! I guess, though, that saying I thought it was good and making obvious observations (and, yes, both implying that yet another 180 could be in store and/but being not so terrified of not-really-even-criticism as to acknowledge that, if we're only going by what's on screen, Ben has now promised to kill everybody) was pretty open to interpretation; could easily make it seem like I hate the show, stating that I didn't. :lol: Should've been far more specific. Thread remains amazing. Cannot wait for the finale. So glad that we don't have to wait a full week! Sunday's going to be a torturous wait, though...

the wait for the lost finale is going to be worse than waiting for kickoff on super bowl sunday

For real.

Hey, what do we think the odds are on the final shot being Jack's eye opening up, just like it was the way the show started? Like, I'm assuming there'll be some dramatic cut or fade to black, the eye opens (but we're not sure if it's opening in the sideways world, the OG world, or perhaps some third, fourth, etc. option) and the pupil does its thing, and then L O S T comes up. Honestly, I feel like it's basically 1:1, at this point.

Interesting about the 3 alternate endings on Kimmel - I guess the real ending won't satisfy everyone. One ending obviously has to be the island is destroyed.

I had the impression they'll be alternate endings like those found on dvds, but I guess they could be comedic.

Also, Laz bringing the megalulz and baseless personal attacks! I guess, though, that saying I thought it was good and making obvious observations (and, yes, both implying that yet another 180 could be in store and/but being not so terrified of not-really-even-criticism as to acknowledge that, if we're only going by what's on screen, Ben has now promised to kill everybody) was pretty open to interpretation; could easily make it seem like I hate the show, stating that I didn't. :lol:

Hmm, let's look at the entirety of your post:

"Pretty good. Momentum seems to be building, my hopes are ever increasing. Still really enjoying the Jack/Locke stuff in the sideways dealie. Pretty lukewarm on the rest, but next week should bring the fuckin' lulz with the Drive Shaft + Faraday "avant garde" musical disco ball of love. Can't imagine Laz being too pleased with the 180-180-180-180 arc that Ben has now completed, this most recent about-face coming approximately...what, 20 hours after the last one? lol Something like that, anyway. At least we can agree on that being S5 finale-level silly."

Aside from "pretty good", and "hopes ever increasing" which are essentially backhanded compliments, and your positive reception to the "Jack/Locke stuff in the sideways dealie" everything in this post is NEGATIVE. "Lukewarm", "next week should bring the lulz", "can't imagine Laz was pleased", "S5 finale-level silly".

So forgive me if it seems like you don't like the show, despite your protests to the contrary. And I don't remember Ben promising anything. Regardless, he's a liar in this reality. Not sure why you'd take anything he says as word.

Hey, what do we think the odds are on the final shot being Jack's eye opening up, just like it was the way the show started? Like, I'm assuming there'll be some dramatic cut or fade to black, the eye opens (but we're not sure if it's opening in the sideways world, the OG world, or perhaps some third, fourth, etc. option) and the pupil does its thing, and then L O S T comes up. Honestly, I feel like it's basically 1:1, at this point.

My only problem with that guess is that it's WAY too obvious, and the producers know this. Also, they just used it as the opening for last night's episode. To do it again in the final shot wouldn't be very imaginative, or unique. Of course, Carlton/Cuse have said they've known the final shot for a long time, which points back to its power as some kind of recurring metaphor, so who knows. You gotta go at least 2:1, though.

Interesting about the 3 alternate endings on Kimmel - I guess the real ending won't satisfy everyone. One ending obviously has to be the island is destroyed.

I'd love an alternate ending where Sayid shows up and snaps Kimmel's unfunny, toad no-neck with his legs.

Or have I already made that wish before?

:lol:, but not re: Kimmel.

I will take the 2:1 odds, though. That sounds right. Good call on the opening shot, last night. I'd already forgotten that. But they're not exactly above the obvious. I mean...remember the white-out, last year? I didn't at all mind it, but it was the most obvious way to wrap up the season, given the bomb.

Why wouldn't it be his ex-wife from before, Sarah?

Things are different in the sideways world (they didn't have a son in flashback world), so I would think that Jack's wife is different based on the fact that they've kept her ID a mystery, and played it up for the finale. Since Juliet is the only main female character we've yet to see in Sideways LA (now that Ana Lucia popped up), I'm guessing its her. Who knows, could be Betty White, now that would be a twist.

He lived there in the 70's in season 5

So did Ben, as a child, so Miles never lived there before Ben, let alone thirty years before. We clearly saw them living in the barracks at the same time in the 70's. In fact, Ben was there before Miles, since Roger Workman was already there when the Losties arrived in the past.

It would have been the 1940's thirty years before Ben lived there.

I know the writers meant it as a joke, but it was a sloppy one.

yeah the guy lived for a long time and never aged, some kind of eternal life thing

well, with only 2.5 hours left, he's gone for good

he could make it in the sideways world.

I know many of you are hanging on every word I write.

so I need to correct, we will not see Richard, (Ricardus - Latin) in the sideways world. He is gone forever to be with his wife.

Look for most everyone else to die on the island and find a full life in the sideways. sideways is where its at!

Those were awesome ^ Just watched it yesterday.

So TV Guide is saying the DVD's will have 20 extra minutes of the show that they didn't have time to include in the broadcast, which will answer more questions. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom