Happy Town on ABC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kramwest1

has a
I thought I would kickstart this even though it doesn't premier until April 28.

I guess the trailers have been around for quite some time, but if you've been watching LOST, you've seen it.

Since the Twin Peaks thread has been activated, it seems that there will be an inevitable comparison to this show. Probably quite unfair, but very intriguing.

Looks very Stephen King-ish, you know, with the "small town is not what it seems" thing. And I've always liked Steven Weber. I'll probably check it out.

Due to 1/2 genuine curiosity, 1/2 thinking most TV*, especially network TV, sucks these days, I'll tune in for at least a couple of episodes.

*with the exception of anything I or any of my friends ever worked or are working on. :)

It got a very middlin' review in the L A Times today.

so my expectations are not too high.

My expectations are low. I'm just looking for something slightly interesting. Clever is too much to hope for.

Although...I don't want to tune in for Cougar Town between Modern Family and Happy Town.

Let's hope it's about as far away from a 'Stephen King screen adaptation' thing as possible :lol:

His books :up: :up:

The movie versions...not so much...

Dreamcatcher was a pretty good adaptation, but everything else :down:

Interesting premiere last night. I'm glad it ended strongly/weirdly.
I like all of the actors so far, but the music is a little annoying.

I watched...and agree...the music was super annoying....the "Lost" others actor was intriguing...and Sam O'neil...I will probably watch again

I'm pretty sure The Shining, Shawshank Redemption, Carrie, and Misery (among maybe some others that I'm forgetting) are pretty widely respected, acclaimed and iconic King movie adaptations.

Interesting premiere last night. I'm glad it ended strongly/weirdly.
I like all of the actors so far, but the music is a little annoying.

Interesting :huh:

Crappy town.

The worst 30 minutes opening debut I can ever recall

The music? wtf? yes great songs, used inappropriately, make you dislike them.

I wanted to drive a spike through the writers' heads and then force feed them Earth Cakes.

at the 30 minute part it picked up a bit, with Sam Neil, "Chole?", and the widows.

comparison to Twin Peaks, how, what? that worked, this did not.

Twin Peaks had a great score, composer, much like Lost that upped the game.

Based on the finish, I will come back. But if it goes back in the direction of the first 30 minutes it will fail.

Back
Top Bottom