Who are you planning on voting for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2861U2 said:

I still dont get why people automatically assumes she will win. Every poll I've seen head-to-head with Rudy is very close. A quick sweep of some recent polls show:

Opinion Dynamics Corp: Rudy by 3
Battleground: Rudy by 6
NBC/WSJ: Clinton by 6
Quinnipiac: Clinton by 3
Rasmussen: Rudy by 1

And they are currently tied 43-all in Ohio.

At this stage the outcomes of polls are just hot air. You shouldn't base your expectations on them.

Irvine511 said:
as a point of advice: you're not going to get very far unless you can point out why someone is "ridiculously incorrect."

When you have God on your side, you have no reason to explain yourself to an infidel!

Dennis Kucinich, no question.

Of course that isn't happening though. In the general election I'll be voting most likely for HRC (no 3rd party votes this time around, I'm in Florida now so my vote reall DOES count). I'll be voting for the Dem regardless of who it is, though I'd be pretty uncomfortable voting for Biden if by some miracle it's him.

i just wanna say that even seeing people speak of kucinich makes me smile. outside of my circle of friends, i don't know anyone else who knew of him during the previous election.

Last edited:
I'm not as into politics as most of you, but I'm not totally sold on Obama. I know lack of experience can be compensated for based on his cabinet, advisors, etc, but he's so young and you can only be Prez twice so why not give him time to develop and save his goods for later? I don't know, I might just say "fuck it" and vote HRC. Kucinich is a possibility. Rudy scares me!

Liesje said:
Rudy scares me! [/B]

Me too. I could see him going Dubya and attacking some random country or something.

U2democrat said:
I'll probably vote for Biden. He doesn't have a chance but he's too brilliant to pass up.

i love listening to Biden talk foreign affairs. he's so thoughtful, nuanced, and informed -- he'd be a brilliant Sec. of State, no question.

Liesje said:
I'm not as into politics as most of you, but I'm not totally sold on Obama. I know lack of experience can be compensated for based on his cabinet, advisors, etc, but he's so young and you can only be Prez twice so why not give him time to develop and save his goods for later? I don't know, I might just say "fuck it" and vote HRC. Kucinich is a possibility. Rudy scares me!

I think it is a smart move. He has less of a voting record to target than the others. Less ammunition for the right to tear apart.

U2democrat said:
I'll probably vote for Biden. He doesn't have a chance but he's too brilliant to pass up.

If he had not palgiarized speeches when he ran in 1988, he may have been president already.

That said, I like him, but I like Obama better.

Irvine511 said:

i'm not saying that HRC is necessarily my choice. i am saying that things are looking good for her right now, and i'm feeling okay with that.

Precisely how I feel.

I don't know who I'll vote for in the primaries. I'll vote for the Democrat candidate in the general election, and I'm okay with just about any of them really. I like Obama, HRC, Kucinich, Biden...they're all worthy candidates.

Dreadsox said:

If he had not palgiarized speeches when he ran in 1988, he may have been president already.

That said, I like him, but I like Obama better.

Right, but he's moved on from that, and so has the country.

I :heart: Obama, but I feel Biden has the substance that Obama lacks.

That being said, I agree with Irvine that he'd make an excellent Sec. of State. I'll probably still vote for him just because I think he has earned my vote. He's the only candidate I feel I can truly trust to lead this country out of Iraq after this president.

U2democrat said:

Right, but he's moved on from that, and so has the country.

Short memory....LOL

Sorry, but if the country had/has moved on....he would be doing better.

Dreadsox said:

Short memory....LOL

Sorry, but if the country had/has moved on....he would be doing better.

I haven't heard anybody talking about "oh that Joe, I don't like him because he plagarized speeches" :shrug:

The reason he isn't doing better, as he has said, is that this year we have a woman, and an african-american who have significant chances at being nominated and being elected president, the media locks in on that and obsesses over it, and it kind of looks away from the "2nd tier" candidates, so fewer people know who they are and it's hard for them to break through all the noise in the media to get their message out to people beyond us political junkies.

U2democrat said:

I haven't heard anybody talking about "oh that Joe, I don't like him because he plagarized speeches" :shrug:

well, you heard me say it!!!! I have at least three colleagues who have said it. Us older folk...hehe

Dreadsox said:

well, you heard me say it!!!! I have at least three colleagues who have said it. Us older folk...hehe

He's not doing better because he's a white, northeastern, rich, priveleged liberal, who like Kerry is/was the smartest guy on the podium. So the Dems want to move elsewhere. It has nothing to do with that plagarism issue. That and the absolute monster of Hillary. He can't get an undecided vote, who can?

He used some quotes and didn't reveal the source!!!!!
Yeah and it was only Twenty Years Ago!!!!!!!
Oh my God, we should string him up!!!!!!!
I mean, I'd rather my President defy the Constitution than quasi-plagarize someone!!!!

The stakes are slightly higher these days.

Nobody serious is taking this into consideration and if they are, they aren't serious and you should personally tell them to grow up.

U2DMfan said:

Nobody serious is taking this into consideration and if they are, they aren't serious and you should personally tell them to grow up.

Nah, I rather enjoy hearing all points of view.

U2DMfan said:

I mean, I'd rather my President defy the Constitution than quasi-plagarize someone!!!!

Why are you bringing Bush into this thread? What exactly does this have to do with Biden?

If he's still around when my state's primary is held I'll most likely vote for Kucinich.

I doubt he'll be the nominee however, so I'll most likely have to hold my nose and vote for the least bad choice after that.

indra said:
If he's still around when my state's primary is held I'll most likely vote for Kucinich.

I doubt he'll be the nominee however, so I'll most likely have to hold my nose and vote for the least bad choice after that.

I think you should write him in......

I hate when people vote that way.

Back
Top Bottom