US Politics XXXVI: Special Masters of our Domain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Facebook comments I'm seeing just on my local tv station page are so gross:

"The libs staged this so they can change their stance on crime"

"Should have beat her instead"

"Piglosi allowed illegal protests in front of conservative SCOTUS’s houses."

Suspect in Pelosi's attack posted multiple conspiracy theories

From CNN Investigates Casey Tolan, Curt Devine, Daniel Medina and Majlie Kamp and Paul Murphy

The man who allegedly attacked Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s husband early Friday posted memes and conspiracy theories on Facebook about Covid-19 vaccines, the 2020 election and the Jan. 6 attack.

David DePape, 42, was identified by police Friday as the suspect in the assault on Paul Pelosi at the speaker’s San Francisco home.

Two of DePape’s relatives told CNN that DePape is estranged from his family, and confirmed that the Facebook account – which was taken down by the social media company on Friday – belonged to him.

His stepfather, Gene DePape, said David DePape grew up in Powell River, British Columbia, and left Canada about 20 years ago to pursue a relationship that brought him to California.

“I really don’t know what to think,” the suspect’s uncle, Mark DePape, said of his nephew’s alleged attack on Pelosi. “Hopefully it’s a scam. I don’t want to hear something like that.”
Last year, David DePape posted links on his Facebook page to multiple videos produced by My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell falsely alleging that the 2020 election was stolen. stolen. Other posts included transphobic images and linked to websites claiming Covid-19 vaccines were deadly. “The death rates being promoted are what ever ‘THEY’ want to be promoted as the death rate,” one post read.

DePape also posted links to YouTube videos with titles like “Democrat FARCE Commission to Investigate January 6th Capitol Riot COLLAPSES in Congress!!!” and “Global Elites Plan To Take Control Of YOUR Money! (Revealed)”

Two days after former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of killing George Floyd, DePape wrote that the trial was “a modern lynching,” falsely indicating that Floyd died of a drug overdose.

He also posted content about the “Great Reset” – the sprawling conspiracy theory that global elites are using coronavirus to usher in a new world order in which they gain more power and oppress the masses. And he complained that politicians making promises to try to win votes “are offering you bribes in exchange for your further enslavement.”

Most of the public posts on DePape’s Facebook page were from 2021. In earlier years, DePape also posted long screeds about religion, including claims that “Jesus is the anti christ.” None of the public posts appeared to mention Pelosi.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2022/senate/ga/georgia-senate-walker-vs-warnock-7329.html

A coin flip for sure, but after months of Warnock leading in almost every poll, the last three polls have been a tie, Walker +2, and Walker +5. Plus, Kemp is going to trounce Abrams, which might help Walker.

Is there evidence for any of this in the early vote? We can see patterns forming from the EV in NV, are there patterns in GA? Or is this just “vibes”?

Currently, trash polls are flooding the zone. GA early vote numbers (mail and in-person) are huge. I’m wondering what we can tell from that data and if there’s anything to support Schumer’s supposed analysis.

Or maybe he’s just talking about polls and knows nothing else.

A possible reason for the surfeit of trash polls is, if Democrats outperform them, they become a “reason” to contest the outcomes.

Yeah, lots of trash polls, and repub leaning polls this last week. But I still think that the polls aren't capturing a lot of these first time voters that have registered en masse after the Dobbs decision. People may care about inflation a lot, but I don't think people just went from being outraged about Roe a couple months ago to being just fine with it now.

Also when we look at the voting results by party, I do think that there will be a percent or two of Repubs that will vote for the Dem choice because of Roe.

The polls in Kansas said that the abortion resolution mas up in the polls by a point or two but well within margin of error and it passed by 20 points. I'm not saying this is apples to apples, but I think there are a lot of motivated people that may not have been politically active before that will show up this time around.

Yeah, lots of trash polls, and repub leaning polls this last week. But I still think that the polls aren't capturing a lot of these first time voters that have registered en masse after the Dobbs decision. People may care about inflation a lot, but I don't think people just went from being outraged about Roe a couple months ago to being just fine with it now.

Also when we look at the voting results by party, I do think that there will be a percent or two of Repubs that will vote for the Dem choice because of Roe.

The polls in Kansas said that the abortion resolution mas up in the polls by a point or two but well within margin of error and it passed by 20 points. I'm not saying this is apples to apples, but I think there are a lot of motivated people that may not have been politically active before that will show up this time around.

Agreed. The Roe thing changed a lot.

So everyone knows that Nancy's husband was having sex with the hammer attack guy and this is all a coverup right? Because they were both wearing underwear and Mr. P said hammer attack guy was a friend. Twitter and the Daily Mail and conspiracy theories say so.

Of course it's technically completely possible because everything is.

Of course he did. And I read that use of the N word on Twitter has gone up exponentially since he took over.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/30/business/musk-tweet-pelosi-conspiracy/index.html

Teresa Stepzinski, Florida Times-Union

An electronic antisemitic message appeared at TIAA Bank Field at the end of the Georgia-Florida game Saturday night, according to a video shared by a television reporter.

The hate message came as similar messages appeared on signs elsewhere in Jacksonville Friday and Saturday.

The message "Kanye was right about the Jews" was projected onto TIAA Bank Field's video board.

Last edited:
And the grifters on the Right are calling for some "patriot" to post his bail so the man can tell his side of the story.

From the FBI interview, the suspect made it pretty clear of his intentions. So the truth coming straight out of the horses mouth isn't real enough.

iu

Happy Halloween !

Not excusing their behavior at all, but i do think the GOP is afraid of their base killing then. So they pander not only out of the grift, but to not get the Pelosi treatment.

The last Republican to go against MAGA, Mike Pence, the base stormed the capital to hang him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom