US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2020, 02:25 PM   #361
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:35 PM
That’s a devastating poll.

I have never understood the concept of undecided voters who end up deciding the weekend prior to an election. It’s strange enough under normal circumstances but when one of your options is Donald Trump, who in the world doesn’t have a strongly positive or negative reaction immediately? Nevertheless, these people do exist. And they tend to be swept up in last minute momentum, so it’s far more likely than not that they will break in favour of Biden.

I have to admit I don’t really remember Election Day 2016 too clearly, except for when the calamity about to hit us became obvious. Anyone here recall what the exit polls were like? I distinctly remember the shocked reactions of the pundits on tv generally which leads me to believe that exit polls didn’t clearly point to Trump - and how could they, given the tiny split in 3 states that handed him the victory.

Old 10-30-2020, 02:53 PM   #362
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:35 PM
i just checked the 2016 election day thread - not much talk about exit polls, surprisingly. it's an entertaining read, in the way that the video of the tacoma-narrows bridge collapsing is entertaining.

https://www.u2interference.com/forum...vi-220386.html

Old 10-30-2020, 02:56 PM   #363
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:35 AM
I had said, I didn't think the Trumpers would sit back and watch millions vote and wait til election day. Well that seems to be the case. I don't think we will see the enormous split between early and ED voting that was being reported in the polls weeks or months ago.

When you have 70 to over 100% of the 2016 total already, I'm guessing that while Dems will obviously be heavier, it won't be as lopsided as once thought.
Two in particular are FL and TX. FL always has a lot of mail ins, usually used more by older Reps, and TX has very little mail in vote.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:57 PM   #364
Blue Crack Distributor

this is about where we are as a nation

https://www.popville.com/2020/10/ele...e-a-hurricane/

https://twitter.com/PoPville/status/1322249335669690368

https://twitter.com/Holly_Gerrity/st...a-hurricane%2F
Old 10-30-2020, 03:05 PM   #365
Blue Crack Addict

As long as it wasn't anyone in your family Junior. Yes I always go to his Instagram for factual information.

Donald Trump Jr. downplayed the impact of the coronavirus in the U.S. Thursday night, saying the death rate has dropped to "almost nothing" amid a rise in confirmed cases.

In an on-air interview with Fox News anchor Laura Ingraham, President Trump's son said he's examined Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics that show proper therapeutics and better knowledge on how to deal with COVID-19 have greatly reduced fatalities.

"The reality is this. If you look - I put it up on my Instagram a couple days ago because I went through the CDC data because I kept hearing about new infections but I was like, 'Why aren't they talking about deaths?' " he said, referring to the dramatic surge the U.S. has seen in the past week.

"Oh! Oh! Because the number is almost nothing. Because we've gotten control of this thing. We understand how it works - they have the therapeutics to be able to deal with this. If you look at that, look at my Instagram, it's gone down to almost nothing."
Old 10-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #366
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post

I have never understood the concept of undecided voters who end up deciding the weekend prior to an election. It’s strange enough under normal circumstances but when one of your options is Donald Trump, who in the world doesn’t have a strongly positive or negative reaction immediately? Nevertheless, these people do exist. And they tend to be swept up in last minute momentum, so it’s far more likely than not that they will break in favour of Biden.

I have to admit I don’t really remember Election Day 2016 too clearly, except for when the calamity about to hit us became obvious. Anyone here recall what the exit polls were like? I distinctly remember the shocked reactions of the pundits on tv generally which leads me to believe that exit polls didn’t clearly point to Trump - and how could they, given the tiny split in 3 states that handed him the victory.
I think the signs were there even a few days before the election, but once the returns started to come in after polls closed, it was pretty clear on the basis of district-level results that Clinton was doing really badly with the white working class. If I remember correctly, even as NH results were coming in (Clinton won it by a hair), that started to become quite obvious. I remember the NYT Needle going completely nuts.

At the same time, there were always people trying to interpret the early voting result in places like Florida and telling us that there was no way that Clinton could lose...
Old 10-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #367
Blue Crack Addict

LOL:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
We all know Kanye West is winning in 2020.
https://www.u2interference.com/forum...ml#post8116544
Old 10-30-2020, 03:10 PM   #368
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i just checked the 2016 election day thread - not much talk about exit polls, surprisingly. it's an entertaining read, in the way that the video of the tacoma-narrows bridge collapsing is entertaining.

My Amp line cutting joke is the last time I smiled since election day 2016.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:13 PM   #369
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

Not too bad, from you:

Quote:
obama is gonna look like a goddam saint in a couple years with this guy following him.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:14 PM   #370
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

LM with a nice "if you think Trump is getting PA might as well call all 50 states for him".

I'm glad I was not online that day!
Old 10-30-2020, 03:14 PM   #371
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
"i was going to vote for joe biden but now i'm going to vote for trump because bobby orr likes him," said no one ever.
Probably not in 2020, but if this were 1976, that endorsement would have some serious sway in NH.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:17 PM   #372
ONE
love, blood, life

My recollection is that I was pretty on edge the whole last week leading up to the election after the Comey letter. I was damn confident in a Hillary victory until that point. Then, that last week after the letter, I was extremely nervous. You could feel it. When he won, I was sickened, but not actually shocked.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:20 PM   #373
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
As long as it wasn't anyone in your family Junior. Yes I always go to his Instagram for factual information.

Donald Trump Jr. downplayed the impact of the coronavirus in the U.S. Thursday night, saying the death rate has dropped to "almost nothing" amid a rise in confirmed cases.

In an on-air interview with Fox News anchor Laura Ingraham, President Trump's son said he's examined Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics that show proper therapeutics and better knowledge on how to deal with COVID-19 have greatly reduced fatalities.

"The reality is this. If you look - I put it up on my Instagram a couple days ago because I went through the CDC data because I kept hearing about new infections but I was like, 'Why aren't they talking about deaths?' " he said, referring to the dramatic surge the U.S. has seen in the past week.

"Oh! Oh! Because the number is almost nothing. Because we've gotten control of this thing. We understand how it works - they have the therapeutics to be able to deal with this. If you look at that, look at my Instagram, it's gone down to almost nothing."
These morons still don't understand the concept of a lag. Hospitalizations in the midwest and places like El Paso are reaching alarming levels, mortality will follow. Not at the rates we saw in the spring, but a surge in deaths is coming.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:22 PM   #374
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

Buckle up.
Turrible song, just turrible.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:29 PM   #375
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
These morons still don't understand the concept of a lag. Hospitalizations in the midwest and places like El Paso are reaching alarming levels, mortality will follow. Not at the rates we saw in the spring, but a surge in deaths is coming.
Yes. Not to mention the fact that most people don't have access to therapeutics the way his Daddy did.

Junior will really need lots of "coffee" Tuesday.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:33 PM   #376
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

How well or poorly did I or others come off be brutal
Old 10-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #377
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post

My take on undecided voters in 2016 and beyond remains constant: the silent minority. They’re voting for Trump they just can’t admit it.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #378
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
How well or poorly did I or others come off be brutal
let's just say we all had a stressful day and leave it at that
Old 10-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #379
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
let's just say we all had a stressful day and leave it at that

My stance on third party voters is unwavering still, but I’d like to revisit a point I made then and now. 1.7% voted for Gary Johnson. 46% did not vote at all.

People should vote third party if they believe they have to. Anyone who doesn’t vote sucks (unless they were gonna vote for Trump, then just stay home pls).
Old 10-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #380
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
North Carolina Senate: Likely voters
Cal Cunningham (D) 53%
Thom Tillis (R) 43%

how French!

Tags
oust the orange menace