US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2020, 10:56 PM   #861
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
True, watching him sweat uncontrollably and trying not to cough would have been quite a sight to behold.

What an awful thing to say. You want people to be sick? To be disabled? Would you mock someone who was sick? Disabled? Like a disabled reporter? Or a woman who stumbled a bit getting into a van in 100 degree heat? Shame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...506_video.html

Another case of TDS I guess.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:10 PM   #862
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Wow. So Melania hasn’t visited Donnie in the hospital because they said they didn’t want to put Secret service at risk. Then Trump does this. Can you imagine Obama or anyone choosing waving at people from a car over seeing their wife? He truly is a vile piece of shit.
I mean... she's also positive and neither should be able to have guests currently so this seems to me like a bullshit story

Old 10-04-2020, 11:11 PM   #863
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
100% most of us called it.

Were it not for Bloomberg News breaking the Hope Hicks story who knows where we'd be. I don't think they are competent enough to hide it, particularly with Trump's symptoms but they sure as hell would have tried.
Remember her name:
Quote:

"Bloomberg senior White House reporter
Jennifer Jacobs broke the news Thursday night that Hicks — who traveled with the president on Air Force One to the debate on Tuesday and the campaign rally yesterday — has been diagnosed with the virus. "
She should probably get the Medal of Freedom when Biden is President.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:16 PM   #864
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I mean... she's also positive and neither should be able to have guests currently so this seems to me like a bullshit story
The NBC reporter called the White House for comment on why she hadn't visited and this is what he said they told him.
I would think that if they both have it, it wouldn't matter. Not like a healthy family member wanting to see their relative sick with covid in the hospital. And this I assume would be a whole separate section of the hospital where the presidential suite is located. I dunno. Always possible to be bullshit as well, or an uninformed staffer just coming up with an answer.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:37 PM   #865
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

They could’ve isolated together lol
Old 10-04-2020, 11:43 PM   #866
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
They could’ve isolated together lol
non-stop death stare from Melania. So you know - the usual.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:09 AM   #867
Blue Crack Distributor

Someone got their phone back
Old 10-05-2020, 07:18 AM   #868
Blue Crack Addict

He’s totally lost the plot.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:59 AM   #869
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Someone got their phone back
"SPACE FORCE. VOTE!"

Man we are a stupid nation.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:59 AM   #870
Blue Crack Distributor

If you come to DC from Delaware you must quarantine for 14 days. Sorry Joe.

Apparently does not matter if you come from the White House or Capitol, though.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:04 AM   #871
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I see he’s handling the meds about as well as you could expect.

Of course it’s still possible that Mark Meadows is doing it (of someone within inner circle).

More election stealing news

https://twitter.com/electproject/sta...571247105?s=21
Old 10-05-2020, 09:09 AM   #872
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/...42502968877057

Old 10-05-2020, 09:15 AM   #873
Blue Crack Supplier

Hopefully they loaded up on the shrimp and got their money's worth
Old 10-05-2020, 09:53 AM   #874
Blue Crack Distributor

never mind the tackiness of doing a $250,000 buffet. that's a separate issue (although not overly surprising considering the host).

a buffet. during a pandemic.

when the guest of honor and countless others surrounding him were well aware, at minimum, that they had been exposed to covid - and possibly aware that they HAD covid.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:36 AM   #875
Blue Crack Addict

She has interesting insights regarding Trump's attitude towards covid

The Guardian

Mon 5 Oct 2020

Mary Trump, the niece of Donald Trump, has said the United States is “in the horrible place we’re in” because members of the family, including the president, see illness as “a display of unforgivable weakness” whether it is in themselves or others.

Speaking on NPR’s All Things Considered, Mary Trump, who recently published a tell-all book about her family, said: “That’s why we’re in the horrible place we’re in, because he cannot admit to the weakness of being ill or of other people being ill.”

She spoke as the US president was criticised by doctors for unnecessarily exposing his staff and his security detail to coronavirus by performing a drive-by to wave to supporters outside Walter Reed military medical center where he is being treated for the disease.

Mary Trump is suing the president and two of his siblings, alleging that they cheated her out of millions of dollars over several decades while squeezing her out of the family business.

On Sunday, Mary Trump said both the president and his father, Fred Trump, held the view that illness was “unacceptable”. “Which sounds incredibly cruel, but happens to be true,” she said.

She recounted the way this belief affected her grandmother, who had osteoporosis, saying that she would return from the hospital and need care and physical therapy, but that her grandfather, Fred Trump, “was unable to tolerate it. You know, he’d be in the room with her. And as soon as she started showing that she was in physical pain, he would say ‘everything’s great, right. Everything’s great.’ And he’d leave the room.”

Asked how the reaction to illness was expressed, Mary Trump said that the attitude was driven by the fact that her grandfather was “never sick. Ever.”

Donald Trump entered the 2020 pandemic already practising many of the measures that epidemiologists have been calling for – avoiding ill people, frequent handwashing and use of alcohol gels, and eschewing handshakes.

As far back at 1993, he told radio host Howard Stern that he suffered “germ phobia”, admitting it “could be a psychological problem”. A year ago, the president’s mindset was thrust into the open when he was filmed reacting strongly to coughing in the Oval Office. “I don’t like that. If you’re going to cough, please, leave the room,” Trump said, shaking his head.

According to Politico, during the 2016 election campaign it was his then-spokeswoman Hope Hicks – who possibly transmitted Covid-19 to Trump last week – who would be on standby to offer Trump squirts of hand sanitiser.

Fred Trump’s adherence to the philosophies of Norman Vincent Peale, an American minister and motivational speaker who was close to the Trump family and officiated at Trump’s first marriage, was taken to “such an extreme level that it was toxic because it left no room for expressions of what he considered negativity of any kind, you know, sadness, despair, being physically ill,” Mary Trump said.

Friedrich Trump, Mary Trump’s great grandfather and the president’s grandfather, was killed by Spanish influenza in the 1918 pandemic, something Mary Trump said her uncle “seems to have forgotten”.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:19 AM   #876
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I for one see no problem with Trump being discharged today - day 5 of a viral infection that usually has it's worst effects around day 8-10, of a 74 year old, obese man, with a history of mini-strokes, and has taken a cocktail of unproven medicines, one of which has a history of making the moderately ill patient worse. Usually around day 8-10 is when you may see infection travel to the lungs, and create hardening of heart tissue.

So yeah. Everything seems fine.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:20 AM   #877
Blue Crack Distributor

HA... you think he's only on day 5.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:22 AM   #878
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:43 AM
Quote:
never mind the tackiness of doing a $250,000 buffet. that's a separate issue (although not overly surprising considering the host).

a buffet. during a pandemic.

when the guest of honor and countless others surrounding him were well aware, at minimum, that they had been exposed to covid - and possibly aware that they HAD covid.
This is making me furious and I'm not sick. I can't begin to imagine how incredibly pissed off the loved ones of those who've died from this virus, or those who are still dealing with nasty, potentially life-altering symptoms months after having it, must feel upon reading this kind of news.

Because it cannot be said nearly enough, fuck Trump.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:25 AM   #879
Blue Crack Distributor

my favorite trump era phenomenon is as follows...

person a: I AM GOING TO SUPPORT A CANDIDATE WHO MOCKS THE DISABLED, SPEAKS OPENLY OF RAPE, SAYS BOTH SIDES OF A CLASH BETWEEN NAZIS AND NON NAZI HAVE GOOD PEOPLE, AND HAS MORE DOG WHISTLES THAN PETCO.

person b: that guy's an asshole and if you support him you might be an asshole, too.

person a: DEMOCRATS HAVE NO DECENCY!
Old 10-05-2020, 11:34 AM   #880
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/acosta/status/13...623870467?s=21

The covid is coming from inside the house!!!!