US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How could Kristi think her sharing the story of killing her puppy (and a goat) would play well? I know Donald hates dogs but is this really a play for her to be his VP ?

Let this story be the end of her political career

i mean, this is the party of trophy hunters and yet also being terrified of setting foot in cities, so i guess she felt her audience would revel in shooting a 14 month old puppy who wasn't of any use to her because it means she's like tough or something.

She is sick beyond any words. It most certainly is true that humans can be judged by how they treat animals. We don't deserve dogs or any other animals.

And the fact that she brags about it in a book makes it even more sick.

Serial killers often have a past of killing animals, that's a fact.

Lots of civil unrest at college campuses….

It’s really tiring to watch to be honest. I’m all for standing up for the oppressed and human rights but same time it seems so so odd that only one specific group seems to get the support of American Left when others seem to be forgotten.

Now the narrative is this is of course Joe Biden’s fault. How can we vote for a party and President who warns us that a Trump term will issue in mass arrests when that’s exactly what is happening now

There’s just no context. Nothing subtle. No actual facts.

The federal government is not sending in the guard, the army, etc.

The governor of Texas ordered state troopers & police to arrest. Columbia president called in NYPD, not the military.

What does the fed have to do with any of this ?

I still believe Biden keep doing what he’s doing. Continue to pressure Israel to ceasefire (tho Hamas has rejected all proposals put up), and focus on the economy and winning over Nikki Haley voters.

These protests don’t really seem to move the middle much at all. Great for both sides of the extreme spectrum but i think people are tired of it
This is all straight out of the Aleksander Dugin book, Foundations of Geopolitics, which is a 1997 road map to eventually beat the West.
I would bet much of the misinformation on tic tok and twitter that is fueling these protests can ultimately be traced back to Russia. Their goal is to fuel instability.
Abbott going overboard is also meant to add fuel to the fire. They’re all looking to recreate 1968.

Not to imply that Israel/Gaza is black and white as Netanyahu would also like to see another Trump administration, which is why he’s thumbing his nose at Biden.

Oh I have no doubts at all that this conflict is being magnified by Russian, Chinese, and/or Iran thru the usual troll farms. Hamas can also see that rejecting ceasefire offer after another will also further their cause, their own people be damned in the process. They want Trump cause it’ll bring upon some war to fulfill whatever end time fantasy they have.

What’s disappointing to me is to see some reporters like Medhi Hasan scream genocide every fucking post or broadcast he does. Then amplifies others who do the same thing. Next is blame the US for everything. “Paid for by US tax dollars!” “US is complicit in genocide” etc etc. Its like saying all Christians or Muslims are responsible for whatever terror they’ve inflicted in the past, present, or future

Watching it wash over the college campus protests and i do believe it’s something that has been planted. Much like then “but her emails” and “Hunter”. Our society is just too damn bored.

My hope is that online and the campus views are not held by a majority of Americans.

looking more and more likely that none of Jacks cases against Trump will make it to trial

And in FL you’ve got Cannon who is doing what she can legally to delay or even end the trial without the 11th getting involved

Yes we have current NY trial but i don’t think anyone really cares

looking more and more likely that none of Jacks cases against Trump will make it to trial

And in FL you’ve got Cannon who is doing what she can legally to delay or even end the trial without the 11th getting involved

The sky is falling!

Pretty sure people were saying that none of his trials would happen and here we are.

Long game…

Last edited:
The sky is falling!

Pretty sure people were saying that none of his trials would happen and here we are.

Long game…
Here’s the thing that bothers me the most. It’s not even Trump, it’s what he and MAGA have brought to this country
Which is complete nihilism. Nothing fucking matters anymore. There’s no shame. There’s definitely no accountability. Even our highest court apparently feels they dictate policy vs interpret the law.

All we can do is vote for Joe Biden. If he wins, democracy in its weakest form is safe…for another 4 years.

Trumpism doesn’t die off when he does. That’s the scary part to me. It’s the constant onslaught of bullshit and the Democratic Party doesn’t seem to take it seriously.

If Trump is convicted in NY, he will appeal. It’s a given. He won’t serve time. He won’t be in jail. He will be like Bannon. Free to do what he wants because of his privileged position.

GA case will be the same way. Could be convicted. Appeal and will be free

MAYBE the Federal cases go to trial in 2025, only if Trump does not win. If he wins he ends the federal cases but the Supreme Court may have already ended it with their arguments. I still stand by my prediction Donald Trump will never spend a day behind bars.

Long winded post short, American way of life is under attack and will be for generations because of a corrupt justice system. The only thing hanging on by a thread is a 81 year old white guy standing between autocracy and republic

Oh I have no doubts at all that this conflict is being magnified by Russian, Chinese, and/or Iran thru the usual troll farms. Hamas can also see that rejecting ceasefire offer after another will also further their cause, their own people be damned in the process. They want Trump cause it’ll bring upon some war to fulfill whatever end time fantasy they have.

What’s disappointing to me is to see some reporters like Medhi Hasan scream genocide every fucking post or broadcast he does. Then amplifies others who do the same thing. Next is blame the US for everything. “Paid for by US tax dollars!” “US is complicit in genocide” etc etc. Its like saying all Christians or Muslims are responsible for whatever terror they’ve inflicted in the past, present, or future

Watching it wash over the college campus protests and i do believe it’s something that has been planted. Much like then “but her emails” and “Hunter”. Our society is just too damn bored.

My hope is that online and the campus views are not held by a majority of Americans.
Our society is too damned bored and too damned gullible. The genocide talk is ridiculous. Yes, Israel needs to rein it in and do more to protect civilians, but I don’t see any way to do that with Hamas using the population as human shields, nor do I see any solution on the horizon. Hamas is a.) not negotiating in good faith and will never let the hostages go and b.) need to be wiped out.

Blaming Biden/the US is ridiculous. The Biden administration is not getting any recognition or credit for Blinken’s diplomacy in negotiating the hostage release last November. Do they really think a Trump administration would be better for Gaza? What is the end goal of the campus protests and twitter reporter complaints? Biden can’t make Netanyahu stop the war even if they end all aid tomorrow. Once the war ends Netanyahu is done, so you won’t see movement from his side. Plus, Biden’s support of Israel covers his right flank at the expense of the very vocal, but small progressive left on these college campuses. I’d wager these views are not held by a majority of Americans. You can’t discount the contribution of the professional protesters that like to cause trouble either.

The Supreme Court seems likely to remand the immunity case back to the DC court for a trial. I think the trials happen after the election and he gets convicted as long as he doesn’t win in November. I also think it’s very possible he get convicted in NYC, the prosecution is making a strong case

Our society is too damned bored and too damned gullible. The genocide talk is ridiculous. Yes, Israel needs to rein it in and do more to protect civilians, but I don’t see any way to do that with Hamas using the population as human shields, nor do I see any solution on the horizon. Hamas is a.) not negotiating in good faith and will never let the hostages go and b.) need to be wiped out.

Blaming Biden/the US is ridiculous. The Biden administration is not getting any recognition or credit for Blinken’s diplomacy in negotiating the hostage release last November. Do they really think a Trump administration would be better for Gaza? What is the end goal of the campus protests and twitter reporter complaints? Biden can’t make Netanyahu stop the war even if they end all aid tomorrow. Once the war ends Netanyahu is done, so you won’t see movement from his side. Plus, Biden’s support of Israel covers his right flank at the expense of the very vocal, but small progressive left on these college campuses. I’d wager these views are not held by a majority of Americans. You can’t discount the contribution of the professional protesters that like to cause trouble either.

It's been years, likely over a decade since I posted in FYM, but I could not go without pointing out that this is a PERFECT analysis! Word-for-word agreement and quite concise! THANK YOU!

Society as a whole being too damn bored and gullible is the biggest problem now many years running. However, I feel that trend has been amplified thousands of times since COVID ended. We have most definitely forgotten the lessons of 2016- when Russian and other bad actors were able to disrupt and destabilize our political discourse in ways that had demonstrable effects on the election. Not to be outdone, too many have become so bored and gullible that they have completely forgotten how terrible Trump's term was and the danger returning him to office poses!

The normalization of this election is disgusting from our media and pundit class- all of whom know better and just downright scary coming from such broad segments of the population.

Suggesting for a second that Israel is committing genocide is absurd, as you pointed out. You don't need an opinion for that or a discussion at some elite campus lecture hall, all you need is a dictionary. Netanyahu's excesses are one thing and they're bad. Genocide is quite another as you pointed out and any reasonable person knows.

I remain hopeful for a cease fire in the short term. If only to get hostages released and aid in. However, I am not naive enough to claim that ANY leader, even one well more progressive and reasonable than Netanyahu, would not face tremendous difficulty in defeating Hamas and like-minded organizations in the medium or long term. They will continue to be bent on Israel's destruction and the annihilation of all who do not share their narrow, distorted view of religion.

Driving toward a true two state solution that brings forward a legitimate political authority in Palestine while sapping Hamas, etc of Palestinian popular support is both vitally necessary and immensely difficult in the best of times.

The only prayer we have of getting it done is having someone of the experience, wisdom, restraint, instincts and diplomatic know how of Joe Biden leading the way. One who is lucky enough to get legitimate, good faith partners on all sides.

Any reasonable person knows how monumental of a task that is. They also know Biden and other Western leaders are threading a very difficult needle here- FAR MORE than any of these small percentage of privileged kids have any understanding or appreciation of!

So kudos to you again for pointing out that this helps Biden with literally anyone else! The right flank- Haley Republicans and the majority of Jews who are Democrats! Even the more hawkish than average Jewish Democrats are going to protect Biden here because he truly understands Israel, its place as an ally, its history and the fragility of its security. Helps with independents for sure.

To me, Biden is giving early 2020 vibes again! He was down, the left was making a lot of noise in the primary (pre-COVID) and people were insisting that DEMS would go down unless we ran Sanders or Warren. Biden was a steady hand in his belief in the "median voter" theory and it is ABSOLUTELY why he won in the fall!

He adapts to specific circumstances and evolves over time with his views (gay marriage, etc) but is very principled in his beliefs about voters and what they care about.
An 81 year old white guy that is more than capable of beating Trump. Biden is fully on the offensive and an effective campaigner.

Biden: I almost wanted to buy Trump Bible ‘just to see what the hell’s in it’
Exactly! I've been a Biden fan since 2004 and followed him closely. My heart was with him in 2019 but my head was saying "it's over Joe, should've run last time." I was very strong in this belief and didn't see it changing. As it became clear Booker or Bennet were not going to gain traction, I felt myself coming home to him.

He lost the vote of one of his biggest fans and WON IT BACK! I then amazed watching the numbers in the swing states on election night and the days following.

The campaign clearly knew EXACTLY where the votes were and EXACTLY HOW to target and get them.

It won't be easy, but Biden is energized and the overall picture is going to trend his direction as the election draws closer. Trump reached his all-time peak on November 9, 2016 and his recent, way lower peak sometime early this year! He's now diminished in a way even the mainstream media can't ignore!

Biden is being underestimated!

All for Biden. Think he’s been one of the best of generations. Look what he inherited and what he’s accomplished…even with MAGA takeover of house

I’m a little concerned about the Dem convention when you have bullshit like this

How can anyone think this will further your cause ? Same shit happened with BLM and ruins whatever sympathy or standing you have with the “normies”. Similar with climate activists when they smear paintings

Then you get the cops beating the shit out of them and no one knows who the damn victims are haha

Trumpism doesn’t die off when he does.
You see, I don't know if I agree with this part. Yes, there had been an undercurrent of this shit within the Republican party before Trump, but he's the one who magnified it a thousand times over. He's the catalyst, and when he dies and a couple years pass, I don't think we'll be nearly at the same level we are at now. Will it still be there? Absolutely. But with no more fuhrer to coalesce around, I think things dissipate somewhat back to the fringe groups that have always been there but never made as much of an impact without Trump.

You see, I don't know if I agree with this part. Yes, there had been an undercurrent of this shit within the Republican party before Trump, but he's the one who magnified it a thousand times over. He's the catalyst, and when he dies and a couple years pass, I don't think we'll be nearly at the same level we are at now. Will it still be there? Absolutely. But with no more fuhrer to coalesce around, I think things dissipate somewhat back to the fringe groups that have always been there but never made as much of an impact without Trump.
Of course it could. I think things have to get a whole lot worse to finally break the fever and let the disease die off. Just not sure what the medicine is to break it

For context of it continuing after him

evil MAGA puppy murderer and incompetent dog owner Gov. Noem posted a follow-up on Twitter to try and shift the narrative about murdering the puppy and watching her get dragged (hopefully into a gravel pit herself) is giving me life today.

She’s got the MAGA traits down.

Admit something horrible because the base craves the cruelty.

Faces backlash and instead of any sort of reflection or apology, double down and claim to be the victim. In this case, Kristi is the victim in the relationship with a puppy

I will say that MAYBE this crossed a line. Even MAGA grifters are calling her out. Tho in a week we may see MAGA fall in line and support shooting puppies in the face

i hope the protesters at Columbia are able to get their LenWiches delivered without issue.

I fully support student protesters about all issues -- be heard, young folks! Even if I think you're wrong! Or right!

But, also, part of being a revolutionary is sometimes getting arrested and being organized enough to know how you are going to eat, drink, and pee when you occupy a building. MLK spent time in jail. It kind of goes with the territory?

I fully support student protesters about all issues -- be heard, young folks! Even if I think you're wrong! Or right!

But, also, part of being a revolutionary is sometimes getting arrested and being organized enough to know how you are going to eat, drink, and pee when you occupy a building. MLK spent time in jail. It kind of goes with the territory?
exactly.

protest. get your voice out there.

but, like, complaining that the people you're protesting against aren't dropping off BECs each morning is not really in the spirit of revolution.

Or if you do something that does actually break the law, own up that the sacrifice you are making is getting arrested.

You don't get to stand up against injustice and get your DoorDash delivery....

I don't understand the point of taking over a building, or blocking traffic. I get that ages ago people did something similar and I have to imagine it was just as ANNOYING then as it is now. It also hasn't proven to change anything. You end up getting more people against your cause.
I am not sure I understand the divest in Israel part of this. Colleges apparently invest in certain stocks (which I think is weird) and those stocks are diversified. I am not aware that Columbia can say, out of this $$$ into this international stock option.....no $$$ for Israel!

I would assume that a lot of these protester's parents also have $$ tied up in the same options, and would probably prefer not to divest since it'll become their inheritance.

The administration of the schools really dropped the ball. If they would just enforce the rules they probably already have versus calling in the cops right away....maybe this could have deescalated. Cops are gonna do their thing and smash heads which then gets people to feel bad for the protesters they were annoyed with....and this cycle of BS just continues.

All of this over an issue that none of them even cared about on 10/6/2023

Back
Top Bottom