US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump portrayed a former FBI agent having an orgasm at his rally.

And Rubio goes off on Warren. Dude is a coward

Hey Trump supporters? This shit's on you. Own it.

BEIRUT — U.S. troops withdrew on Sunday from another town in Syria as Turkish-backed forces pushed deeper inside Syrian territory, seizing positions along a major highway that serves as the U.S. military’s main supply route into Syria — potentially cutting off U.S. troops further west, according to a U.S. official.

The withdrawal came amid reports that hundreds of Islamic State supporters may have escaped from a camp housing displaced people in the town of Ain Issa, taking advantage of the mayhem that ensued as Turkish artillery pounded the area.

The Kurdish administration in northeastern Syria said in a statement that 785 people affiliated to the Islamic State were among those who got away, escaping from a camp that had housed 12,000 displaced people, mostly women and children.*

Around a thousand of those who had been identified as Islamic State supporters, including foreigners, were housed in a separate section of the camp known as the Annex, which is now “completely empty,” according to an aid worker who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the press.

There you go, Trump is responsible for the reemergence of ISIS. What does it mean for Trump supporters? Do they become pro-ISIS?

There you go, Trump is responsible for the reemergence of ISIS. What does it mean for Trump supporters? Do they become pro-ISIS?

It does. And I suggest being very aggressive with them at this point. Call them Anti-American. Call them MIGA (Make ISIS Great Again). Basically make these idiots go back in hiding.

Yep. I will comment on White House IG posts sometimes, and my experience in interacting with them on this point, is yes. It ranges from saying it isn't true (fake news), that I'm a slave to the corporate CNN, or they say who cares, or "Thank you to our blessed President, who is saving Christians in the face of leftist radicals, or most likely, they will say - but Obama gave Iran millions and he caused ISIS, etc...
So not, yay ISIS! But never a negative word about thousands of ISIS fighters being freed.

It's absolutely frightening, beyond belief. You think that these people can't actually exist. But then realize they don't just exist, but its 35 to 40 percent of the people you interact with every day.

When Biden entered the race and said that if Trump is elected again, that there will be irreparable damage that will fundamentally change our country and our democracy. He was actually being quite timid.
It already has suffered these changes. Another 4 years, where Trump isn't constrained by a future reelection would be a catastrophe of monumental proportions. One that I don't think anyone can wrap their head around how bad it would be. The fundamental change of the actual electorate. That is terrifying.

Everyone should take a moment and read Marie Yovanovitch's opening statement. She eludes to this. How our institutions that have been protecting American values (i know, not always) for decades are being destroyed and hollowed out from the inside.

It does. And I suggest being very aggressive with them at this point. Call them Anti-American. Call them MIGA (Make ISIS Great Again). Basically make these idiots go back in hiding.

Heard another good one last night. MAGA. Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

I read this comment that some reader posted in a trump related article. I must say I had a chuckle

Please use the “Trump Translator” to understand -

- "Many People have told me" = Voices in my head of fictional people have complimented me
- “I had nothing to do with me’ = I plan it and had everything to do with it
- "A lot of people don't know" = I just learned something most people already knew
- "Believe me" = I just lied
- "In Fact" = I'm about to lie
- "He's a great guy" = I will deny ever knowing this person after he begins telling the truth about me
- "Nobody Knew" = Everyone knew except me
- "Huge" = below average in size
- "Loser" = someone who makes me feel inferior because they’re smarter and better than I am
- "Policy Briefing" = Turning on Fox News
- “Executive Time” = Naps, television, golf, burgers and fries
- "Liar" = someone telling the truth about me
- “The Truth” = make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually my base will believe it
- “My Base” = People that listen to me and think that I really care about them and our country
- "Fake News" = Real news
- "#MAGA" = "McDonalds And Golf Again" on the backs of the American tax payers
- “Racism” = my core believes that I use to rile up and feed my base
- "A Billionaire" = a person that hides his financial records and tax returns
- "A Real Genius" = a person that hides his grades
- “American War Heroes” = soldiers that I make fun of because I’m a “five-time draft dodger”
- “Sunday” = the day that I should go to church but play golf instead
- “A Wife” = an immigrant that I marry and then commit adultery
- “Ivanka” = the daughter I didn’t know I had until she reached puberty
- “Bagdad Barr” = the man that will keep me from going to jail until the 2020 election
- “Illegal Immigrants” = low income workers I hire at my golf clubs, businesses and homes
- “Friends” = fictional characters that I make up in my head when I lie about having friends
- “Women” = just one consistent word since the 1970s – “NASTY”
- “The Rich” = people that got 91% of my $2 trillion tax cuts
- “The Middle Class” = people that got 9% of my $2 trillion tax cuts
- “Seniors” = people with over $850 billion in Medicare cuts in my 2019 Budget
- “Trumpenomics” – working with Republicans in Congress to steal “for” the rich and whatever falls and trickles down from our pockets will get picked up by the middle class

Trump did not betray the Kurds - CarolineGlick.com

Worth a read for an informed version of the role of the US military in the conflict between Turkey and the Kurds. Again, it’s not about Trump, just some facts

And to Dave C , Headache, and BVS who are always the first to respond without reading, please read the article first for a more informed response

Worth a read for an informed version of the role of the US military in the conflict between Turkey and the Kurds. Again, it’s not about Trump, just some facts

And to Dave C , Headache, and BVS who are always the first to respond without reading, please read the article first for a more informed response

Page won’t load for me.

I generally agree with the president's mantra of bringing more of our young men and women home to be with their families, and train here at home. Not 'policing' places a hemisphere away, permanently.

However.....whether it be 50, 100, or 1000 troops being moved away from Northern Syria, these few Americans were extremely effective as a buffer. What the president has allowed happen to our allies, the Kurds, in the last week....it's simply indefensible.

Hey no fair, I feel left out.

Anyways, I was wondering why your website takes so long to load. Seems like it’s being ran off a personal computer or something in Israel.

So I dug up who Caroline Glick is. No no, no far right Israeli agenda in her pocket. Not at all. Not like she’s got an agenda. Real quote of your author here upon being criticized for prejudiced humor: “We're not trying to be fair and balanced, we're trying to make a point.”

There’s no agenda here. If someone on the internet wrote it, it’s a valid source, right?

Anyways. Page won’t load because clearly your Facebook friends occupying miss Glick’s server.

Anyways. I love the Israelis dictating or informing me of our role in a conflict.

ANYWAYS. It loaded. It’s not really a solid point. There are fair points in there, but it seems like an intentionally convoluted circular argument. Trump is abandoning those Kurds and the US does have influence in Syria. Trump basically got steamrolled by Erdogan because Erdogan is an opportunist who saw a weakness.

Leaving isn’t a problem. We shouldn’t be there. Trump just isn’t fit for being a strategist or making decisions like this.

Apologies, guy who totally doesn't support Trump but only defends every move he makes including moves that even the GOP is denouncing.

My good Catholic school education didn't include learning how to read.

Last edited:
I generally agree with the president's mantra of bringing more of our young men and women home to be with their families, and train here at home. Not 'policing' places a hemisphere away, permanently.

However.....whether it be 50, 100, or 1000 troops being moved away from Northern Syria, these few Americans were extremely effective as a buffer. What the president has allowed happen to our allies, the Kurds, in the last week....it's simply indefensible.

I can honestly say I agree with you here. I think most of us in here would agree and enjoy seeing the US no longer engaged in so many endless wars, it’s probably the one portion of Trump’s platform where both sides could support. Unfortunately, Trump can still find a way to flub that up. It’s a very peculiar hill for him to choose to die on.

I can honestly say I agree with you here. I think most of us in here would agree and enjoy seeing the US no longer engaged in so many endless wars, it’s probably the one portion of Trump’s platform where both sides could support. Unfortunately, Trump can still find a way to flub that up. It’s a very peculiar hill for him to choose to die on.

But it bears noting how much our republicans have changed since the Bush years, when we were apparently meant to liberate everyone on the globe and make their countries safe for Halliburton.

The link won’t load for me, but I find it very interesting that you honestly believe I don’t read before forming a response. It’s very telling.

Trump supposedly wants an end to 'endless wars' but was more than happy to beat the war drums regarding Iran (and to a lesser extent, Venezuela) and just sent 2,000 or so US troops to Saudi Arabia.

In the case of Syria it is merely the least-worst excuse he could have chosen. I don't believe for a second that he is sincerely opposed to US intervention overseas.

Trump supposedly wants an end to 'endless wars' but was more than happy to beat the war drums regarding Iran (and to a lesser extent, Venezuela) and just sent 2,000 or so US troops to Saudi Arabia.

In the case of Syria it is merely the least-worst excuse he could have chosen. I don't believe for a second that he is sincerely opposed to US intervention overseas.

This. It's clear in his case that a lot of his decision is tied to his dictator buddies whispering in his ear and telling him what to do. There are good, sensible, responsible ways to remove U.S. troops from various parts of the world. The way Trump has done it does not fit that description.

I do get the feeling that his attempt to frame this as a "See, I'm bringing our troops home and getting us out of another war!" thing was a desperate ploy to try and turn public opinion back in his favor to some degree, though.

He pulled troops and gave up an ally to the slaughter for one reason and one reason only; and no, it's not to make Putin happy.

He does business with Turkey. Period. Full stop.

As with everything he does, it's only about himself and his bottom line.

Yes, exactly. I doubt Putin's 'happy' about his mate Assad having to involve himself in a new frontier of war just to stop Turkey getting too far through Syria.

Yes, exactly. I doubt Putin's 'happy' about his mate Assad having to involve himself in a new frontier of war just to stop Turkey getting too far through Syria.

Assad gets some help though.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/13/...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage
Kurdish forces long allied with the United States in Syria announced a new deal on Sunday with the government in Damascus, a sworn enemy of Washington that is backed by Russia, as Turkish troops moved deeper into their territory and President Trump ordered the withdrawal of the American military from northern Syria.

This is a sad consequence of Trump's decision (I'm not going to say 'US decision' as both the Pentagon and the State Department were against this).
They lost thousands of fighters in battles against the Islamic State and sought to establish a form of autonomous rule in the lands captured from the jihadists. Now that project has collapsed, and it remains unclear what rights they will retain, if any, should they fall back under Mr. Assad’s government.
Also under Assad their future will be uncertain, but they hope it won't be worse than what they would face under Turkey's rule. Thousands of casualties and maybe all for nothing.

You all see the Trump video ‘meme’ of him shooting up his political opponents and media inside a church?

It was shown at one of his properties hosting some event for his supporters.

I watched it. It’s extremely dark and disturbing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom