US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:
dB has done some progressive stuff, but other things no, not sure he's up to the caliber i'd want in a President.

Wow :crack: had not heard about this WPF stuff! I something vote on their line vs Democrats. Beyond disgusting!

Oh, woah, these over rabid bernie bros going at you wf.

They don't go after me now, i chose not to engage anymore. it's like talking to a Trumpelton. No amount of reason, or clear statement of fact will sway either group. I dropped off Twitter and Facebook because it was just too depressing.
It just is infuriating to see that these people are still at it. Saw an IG post the other day by the Democratic Party page asking who they are most excited about. Pretty much a "If Biden is nominated, I won't vote" bonanza.

The Dem electorate in general needs to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that the president is just about the most useless seat to fill. Sure you need the presidency, but the Senate and with it, Supreme Court seats, and Federal Judicial seats are where the real change is made.

Claiming some moral or political superiority, shouting into the wind, with nothing to show for it, while everything crumbles down around you, is just pathetic.

edit: this has been another exciting episode of "dave went out on a friday night got lit and misread someone's post completely backwards". join us again next week.

Last edited:
It doesn’t get much clearer than this, sorry that it’s from Facebook, but the clip is actually from C-Span and completely unaltered from the Congressional hearing. I hope that satisfies anyone’s annoyance with the source and the actual issues can be discussed

https://www.facebook.com/conserveourliberty/videos/527980814411084/

It doesn't get much clearer than what?
Clear that she's lying about White Nationalist terrorism?

Lets look at the numbers:

Extremist-related murders spiked 35 percent from 2017 to 2018, "making them responsible for more deaths than in any year since 1995," (The Oklahoma City Bombing) Last year, every one of those extremist-related murders was carried out by a right-wing extremist.

Meanwhile, white supremacist propaganda distribution nearly tripled from 2017 to 2018, according to the ADL, which also documented a rise in racist rallies and demonstrations.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, 2018 was also the fourth straight year of hate group growth, culminating in a 30 percent increase overall, "roughly coinciding" with President Donald Trump’s campaign and presidency.

Last year’s murders at the hands of right-wing extremists reflect an ongoing trend. Center on Extremism, which has aggregated data going back to 1970, shows that over the last decade, a total of 73.3 percent of all extremist-related fatalities can be linked to domestic right-wing extremists, while 23.4 percent can be attributed to Islamic extremists. The remaining 3.2 percent were carried out by extremists who did not fall into either category.

But Candice knows this is NOT a problem. The REAL problem are those pesky Democrats who always seem to bring race up every four years. humph.

I mean, how could anyone bring race up when you have a man who is clearly NOT a raging racist, white nationalist supporting, bigot that ran for president and then get elected. I mean, bringing race up would be really despicable! Those shifty Democrats.
Lord Trump NEVER brings up race. Never besmirches those that are different.

When he lead a movement to prove the first black president was really not from the US, and was Muslim.
When he talks about people from Central and South America as animals, and infesting our country,
when he talks about having to stop invasions from murderers and rapists and drug dealers.

Or when he says he would gladly take immigrants from Norway or Sweden, but not these other countries that just have people with a really good tan.

Or when he calls African countries shit holes,

or when he trashes the people of Puerto Rico.

Or when he tells hispanic, black and middle eastern Congresswomen to go back where they came from.

When he says Baltimore is rat infested mess.

When he tried to ban all Muslim people from entering the country.

When he said there were very fine people at a Neo Nazi rally.

When he said that 15,000 Haitian refugees "all had AIDS".

When he said “Our inner cities, African Americans, Hispanics are living in hell because it’s so dangerous. You walk down the street, you get shot.”

Well, his words are just being twisted by the FAKE NEWS media. the enemy of the people. Especially when they show video of him making those statements. THAT'S where the real trickery is!
Because we all know that Trump is the least racist person we have ever known and that White Nationalist terrorism is not even in the top 100 things to worry about.

Extremist-related murders spiked 35 percent from 2017 to 2018, "making them responsible for more deaths than in any year since 1995," (The Oklahoma City Bombing) Last year, every one of those extremist-related murders was carried out by a right-wing extremist.

Meanwhile, white supremacist propaganda distribution nearly tripled from 2017 to 2018, according to the ADL, which also documented a rise in racist rallies and demonstrations.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, 2018 was also the fourth straight year of hate group growth, culminating in a 30 percent increase overall, "roughly coinciding" with President Donald Trump’s campaign and presidency.

Last year’s murders at the hands of right-wing extremists reflect an ongoing trend. Center on Extremism, which has aggregated data going back to 1970, shows that over the last decade, a total of 73.3 percent of all extremist-related fatalities can be linked to domestic right-wing extremists, while 23.4 percent can be attributed to Islamic extremists. The remaining 3.2 percent were carried out by extremists who did not fall into either category.

But Candice knows this is NOT a problem. The REAL problem are those pesky Democrats who always seem to bring race up every four years. humph.

I mean, how could anyone bring race up when you have a man who is clearly NOT a raging racist, white nationalist supporting, bigot that ran for president and then get elected. I mean, bringing race up would be really despicable! Those shifty Democrats.

When he lead a movement to prove the first black president was really not from the US, and was Muslim.
When he talks about people from Central and South America as animals, and infesting our country,
when he talks about having to stop invasions from murderers and rapists and drug dealers.

Or when he says he would gladly take immigrants from Norway or Sweden, but not these other countries that just have people with a really good tan.

Or when he tells hispanic, black and middle eastern Congresswomen to go back where they came from.

When he said “Our inner cities, African Americans, Hispanics are living in hell because it’s so dangerous. You walk down the street, you get shot.”

Well, his words are just being twisted by the FAKE NEWS media. the enemy of the people. Especially when they show video of him making those statements. THAT'S where the real trickery is!
Because we all know that Trump is the least racist person we have ever known and that White Nationalist terrorism is not even in the top 100 things to worry about.

No one mentioned Trump——Classic Trump Derangement Syndrome

Always believe the white liberals. They ALWAYS know what’s best for the black community.?

Always believe the white liberals. They ALWAYS know what’s best for the black community.?

Yes, Trump derangement on your part for sure.

No one mentioned Trump. Sure. But why do you think crazy Candice is acting like White Nationalism violence isn't an issue? Because it's obvious to anyone with the slightest shred of common sense to see that the election of Trump has fueled a large rise in right wing terrorism, and in racist group affiliation and hate crimes of all kinds.

She spent half the time clarifying why she laughed about something, and the other half denying that right wing terrorism is a problem in the slightest. Except that about 60% of the American public thinks is a serious threat and US intelligence has sighted as a serious problem.
But Candace knows best i guess.

Always believe the white liberals. They ALWAYS know what’s best for the black community.[emoji849]

Candace only exists because of Trumpism, so it goes without saying.

Always believe the Trumpists grifter. They ALWAYS echo your feelings.

Following the Trump- Ukraine- Biden-whistleblower stuff (and ghouliani)
:huh: :| :crack:

Luckily Rachel Maddow's Fri & Sat programs laid it out well esp since they had been following the timeline already of Trump withholding $$$ to Ukraine after (I think) their new president had been elected.

(add in that I'm half 2nd Gen Ukrainian-American and don't like Putin trying over take that country)

Just read they actually did release the aid, but not till this month.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s almost over. Everyone is talking about Biden’s son like it’s the emails part 2. And the media lets them ramble on.

Back in 2017 Trump admitted on tv that he fired Comey to stop the Russia investigation.

Today, he just admitted on tv again that he asked a foreign country to find dirt on a political opponent.

Trump isn’t trying to get impeached, he’s enjoying not getting caught

They don't go after me now, i chose not to engage anymore. it's like talking to a Trumpelton. No amount of reason, or clear statement of fact will sway either group. I dropped off Twitter and Facebook because it was just too depressing.
It just is infuriating to see that these people are still at it. Saw an IG post the other day by the Democratic Party page asking who they are most excited about. Pretty much a "If Biden is nominated, I won't vote" bonanza.

The Dem electorate in general needs to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that the president is just about the most useless seat to fill. Sure you need the presidency, but the Senate and with it, Supreme Court seats, and Federal Judicial seats are where the real change is made.

Claiming some moral or political superiority, shouting into the wind, with nothing to show for it, while everything crumbles down around you, is just pathetic.
Probably smart of you to walk away. Better mental health and directing your energy elsewhere. :up:

Can't agree with that ("the president is just about the most useless seat") wf. The proof is in the pudding, as they say; Trump's tone and certain declaratives unearthed the raging rascists- with horrific results.
The President sets the tone, the tenor (in general) of the country's direction, hopes, goals, etc. And the saying "The President proposes,and Congress disposes".

edit: this has been another exciting episode of "dave went out on a friday night got lit and misread someone's post completely backwards". join us again next week.
Oooops!

:lmao: :lmao: oh, that "new sports 'competition '" video!!!

Plus this from another poster...
"I think he meant to say: "This wall can't be climbed...by me" - Donald Trump"

Tweets to Rep Chris Murphy (D)

Chris Murphy

@ChrisMurphyCT
· Sep 19, 2019
Replying to @ChrisMurphyCT
Zelensky did not explicitly connect the two in our meeting, but he was VERY concerned about the cut off of aid, and VERY aware of the conversations that Rudy Giuliani was having with his team. I told him it was best to ignore requests from Trump’s campaign operatives. He agreed.

Chris Murphy

@ChrisMurphyCT
I don’t know what is in the whistleblower complaint, but it was clear to me that Ukraine officials were worried about the consequences of ignoring Giuliani’s demands. And of course they were. That’s why presidents shouldn’t have their campaigns talking to foreign leaders.

9:32 PM - Sep 19, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Right but you're forgetting that Candace Owens is black and thus speaks for all persons of color, as per the bible.

I'm trying to figure out the logic of shutting down 395 and Independence Avenue to "#ShutDownDC" while all the people who work at Congress slide in to the parking lots on D Street like they do every day.

Seems as logical as "occupying" Wall Street by sitting in a park as everyone went about their business around them.

I'm all for protest, and believe we don't see enough of it with this current administration - but the people who plan these things clearly have never spent any meaningful time in DC. You're doing it all wrong, broski's

Last edited:
Can't agree with that ("the president is just about the most useless seat") wf. The proof is in the pudding, as they say; Trump's tone and certain declaratives unearthed the raging rascists- with horrific results.
The President sets the tone, the tenor (in general) of the country's direction, hopes, goals, etc. And the saying "The President proposes,and Congress disposes".

What i mean is that obviously the Presidential election is sort of the SuperBowl of elections. But when it comes to actual laws being passed, progress being made, life altering decisions being set by lower courts up to the Supreme Court - Senate is FAR more important! Not least being able to actually fill open court seats once the presidency is back in Dem control.
Without it, nothing will happen. You can let Warren and Sanders and Biden and whomever else spout out every plan and proposal, and none of it will happen without the Senate.

Think i gotta find my 1-800 free phone calls to Congress.

It's time, Ms Speaker Pelosi. "

Absolutely. I just have started feeling sick to my stomach now. I was hanging in for the most part with Pelosi. But not now.

Her angle was, if we can't go through the full process and actually get him impeached and convicted by the senate, then we'll just keep investigating and the more we unearth, the more people will have negative feelings on Trump and bam, we win in 2020. Sure. I can buy that.

But now - Not doing anything might be the thing that actually costs the election in 2020. It's looking less likely that Biden will be the nominee. But if he is, letting Trump go with no consequences, has now just showed him that he can do ANYTHING. He could send millions of dollars to foreign countries, if they strike a deal where they will jump in and try to hijack the election in his favor, and no one will do anything about it. He seriously could pay senators bribes not to vote to impeach him and no one would do anything about it. Just sit back and say, "that's very concerning. He is breaking all the norms!" blah fucking blah.

And it may be a replay of 2016, where instead of emails, its a made up story about Biden/Biden's son that causes Biden's favoribility to plummet and depress turn out and Bingo! He scrapes up a few random states by tens of thousands of votes and we have 4 more years of this destruction.

I've never called my congressman, but i will. Even though sadly I am in a red state.

Pelosi needs to see her initial play is turning on her, and she needs to play hardball - now.

If she had no intention of ever impeaching him, would she be acting different than she has to this point in time ?

This is the week it has to happen. If not, Dems have to remove her or accept that Trump will win

This Greta Thurburg girl is a real hoot. Love the message and all, but couldn’t possibly think of a worse way to sell it. “I’ll never forgive you! You stole my childhood from me! I shouldn’t be here I should be in school!”

if you feel like you can do a better job than her at being a global climate activist who's taken seriously enough to be making speeches to the UN, then please go right ahead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom