US Politics VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump's $$ allowed him to surround himself with enablers and yes-men his whole life so it's no wonder he turned out to be a total narcissist.

Not sure what Corey's "excuse" is. Therefore, he's just a plain, old asshole.

I already thought Corey was an asshole, this just confirms it. I think CNN even employed him for a whIle after Trump fired him?

What a cesspool. Current WH employees and former. Total cesspool.

Trump exchange with Angela Merkel at the G7 has come to light:

"He stood up, he put his hand in his pocket... and he took two Starbursts candies out, threw them on the table and said to Merkel, 'Here, Angela. Don't say I never give you anything.'"

She should have chewed on one and spit it in his hair.

This is what happens.

When you suspend norms, rules, law, decency, and basic integrity, even in the name of trying to do something “good,” you invite the thugs and sadists in.

This is why I was adamantly against torture 10 years ago.

Trump attracts sadists, thugs, and goons. That’s who he appeals to, that’s who loves his policies, that’s who wants to enforce them. That’s what happened in Germany in the 1930s. And it will happen again.

Does this EO really change anything ?

So they can stay together during the legal process but the parents will just be told they are criminals and the kids will be taken away.

So they get a few more hours together ?

Does this EO really change anything ?

So they can stay together during the legal process but the parents will just be told they are criminals and the kids will be taken away.

So they get a few more hours together ?

it doesn't mean shit:

The language leaves a great deal of wriggle room for exceptions, however, noting that “alien families” would be detained together “where appropriate and consistent with law and available resources”.

"He stood up, he put his hand in his pocket... and he took two Starbursts candies out, threw them on the table and said to Merkel, 'Here, Angela. Don't say I never give you anything.'"

For real?

I'd call him a child, but that would be an insult to actual children.

In the absence of any idea of actually how to do the things they are trying to do with these children, the government has taken to simply drugging many of these children to subdue them, according to a lawsuit.

https://www.revealnews.org/blog/immigrant-children-forcibly-injected-with-drugs-lawsuit-claims/

Goddamn.

i've argued against this in the past - but i can't anymore.

i believe that there are fragments of what was once the republican party left that are good and moral people, and i think an eventual split of the traditional democratic party into two - left leaning and centrist - may be the way to go. and i absolutely hold strong that compromise is a good thing and something that is desperately needed in our nation's politics.

but you can not compromise with wrong.

the GOP has sold their soul. they know this man and his policies are a moral abomination; they know they have the power to end this madness, and they do nothing. they are complicit in every way to what's going on in this country. the party of lincoln is now a party of blatant racism and evil.

this isn't "blah blah blah echo chamber blah blah blah". this is reality.

stand up to this man who's destroying whatever shred of respectability the party had left, and our nation's moral compass at the same time, or own your place on the wrong side of history forever.

:up: Hear, hear. I sincerely hope to God every sane person out there remembers all of this in November and retaliates by voting as many of these assholes out as possible.

Ivanka is praising her daddy for trying to put out the fire he started

evil complicit witch

Of course the theory is that these children are phony crisis actors, coached by liberals and Democrats. Donnie Jr agrees, that should be no surprise.

Oh, for the love of god.

I truly cannot fathom being that stupid. Honestly. How does one get to a point where that kind of bullshit actually makes sense to them?

Systemic racism and the lack of a social safety net. The latter is fixed the same way it's fixed now. The former is not fixed in any simple, easy way, but a great start would be significant reform of the criminal justice system. Abolishing ICE, demilitarizing the police force, and ceasing foreign intervention are great starting points.

I appreciate your take. On the 'open borders' thing, anyway.

So a reporter outside a Trump rally last night asked one of his supporters waiting in line about the child separation issue

She said that she does feel badly about it, but believes all the images on the news are fake.

Those images were provided by the White House.

There is no way for progress to happen when 30-40% of the population doesn’t believe by truth or facts.

Now they want to combine the Department of Education and the Department of Labor, basically laying the groundwork for the official government position to be that classes that don't prepare you for the workforce are useless. Hooray for the sneering STEM majors?

DgO_JukXUAEbSpT.jpg:large

oh?

The Daily Mail first reported that and I thought it was a tabloid thing. But if it is true, then what a complete bitch she is.

I sympathized with her because I thought she never wanted to be FLOTUS, and was unhappy being one. But now it is clear, she is as cold and heartless as her husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom