Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad! - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #921
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:45 PM
Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLanePHINS View Post
Electoral College is a joke anyway. Getting 3 million more votes and still losing an election is like a baseball team scoring 10 runs to their opponent's 6 runs in the World Series...yet they lose the game because the opponent scored those 6 runs in a larger variety of ways.

I understand the smaller states not wanting the big states to decide everything for them, but its not like the big states have it fair either. California, NY, Texas, Florida all get the same number of senators as states like Wyoming, Vermont, & Idaho to keep it fair.

That's fine, but we should still go by whoever gets the most votes in the Pres election. And I thought that way before 2016...as Trump himself did back in 2012. Of course now he loves the electoral college because its the only way he can be President.

As for the protests, its nice to send a message and it was fantastic to see. But now going forward, people need to see if actually talking to Trump in a positive, friendly manner works. He has a big ego, working with him might actually work. His mind can easily be changed, because he changes his mind on so many issues all the time. And if that doesn't work, people can start lashing out at him more.
We just need to start splitting liberal areas into smaller states to overcome the Republican advantage. Turn NYC into 16 Wyoming-sized states and Los Angeles into another 8 and we are well on our way.

Just make sure to slice Staten Island into sixteenths when drawing the new states.

#PowerOfArbitraryLines

Old 01-22-2017, 08:47 PM   #922
Refugee

Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLanePHINS View Post
Electoral College is a joke anyway. Getting 3 million more votes and still losing an election is like a baseball team scoring 10 runs to their opponent's 6 runs in the World Series...yet they lose the game because the opponent scored those 6 runs in a larger variety of ways.

I understand the smaller states not wanting the big states to decide everything for them, but its not like the big states have it fair either. California, NY, Texas, Florida all get the same number of senators as states like Wyoming, Vermont, & Idaho to keep it fair.

That's fine, but we should still go by whoever gets the most votes in the Pres election. And I thought that way before 2016...as Trump himself did back in 2012. Of course now he loves the electoral college because its the only way he can be President.
Hi Penny, there's an avenue to change the process.

Until then, every candidate strategizes and campaigns under the same rules.

If and when the process changes, we can expect candidates to change strategy too.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:47 PM   #923
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:45 PM

It's pretty rich to accuse everyone else of "shutting down" dialogue when you have an extremely well documented & extensive history of ignoring direct questions posed to you.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #924
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Not that anyone here is guilty of this, but I wish some liberals would stop talking up Hitler in order to deride Trump. I've seen this on occasions on relevant social media pages and it's ridiculous.

Lmao! What's the difference between the two? Both are two peas in a pod.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #925
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 12:45 PM
"Alternative facts" is classic doublespeak. Orwell himself couldn't write it up any better.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:16 PM   #926
More 5G Than Man

Quote:
Not that anyone here is guilty of this, but I wish some liberals would stop talking up Hitler in order to deride Trump. I've seen this on occasions on relevant social media pages and it's ridiculous.
To be fair, librulz aren't the only ones throwing around Nazi comparisons carelessly:

Old 01-22-2017, 09:32 PM   #927
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:15 AM
I'm not talking about simply comparing, I'm talking things like speaking positively of Hitler in relation to Trump.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #928
Blue Crack Distributor

This is awesome:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/put-pi...170700584.html

(Good on ya, Fox News)
Old 01-22-2017, 09:58 PM   #929
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:45 PM
Quote:
I'm not talking about simply comparing, I'm talking things like speaking positively of Hitler in relation to Trump.

I mean, it's not appropriate, but that certainly looks like satire to me.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:08 PM   #930
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
It doesn't really read like satire to me :\
Old 01-22-2017, 10:23 PM   #931
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Hm, I've seen enough of it from various people to believe it's sincere.

I'm not too comfortable with the criticism of Trump not serving in a war (especially when it's framed a particular way) and these "at least Germany had the guts to invade Russia" takes which have been aired on SNL.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:00 AM   #932
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
To be fair, librulz aren't the only ones throwing around Nazi comparisons carelessly:

Certainly not Hitler and even if he was the way the government is set up, there is no way that the USA or the world would allow trump to do what hitler did. He would be impeached/thrown out before that could happen. But what makes trump very dangerous is his big ego and his mouth and his habbit of throwing temper tantrums on Twitter! The danger of him is that he could say the wrong thing to the wrong crazy dude in high power in another nation and start a bad nasty war. Also he is dangerous in the sense that he could alienate the USA from the rest of the world! A hitler certainly not but a loose canon and a dbag, most certainly.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:57 AM   #933
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
So what do the Trumpists here think of "alternative facts"? Or are you guys all too eager to excuse blatant lying?
It reminded me of a banner that's prominent at demonstrations against increased surveillance: "1984 was not supposed to be an instruction manual".

Doublespeak certainly features prominently with the new administration.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:30 AM   #934
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hm, I've seen enough of it from various people to believe it's sincere.

I'm not too comfortable with the criticism of Trump not serving in a war (especially when it's framed a particular way) and these "at least Germany had the guts to invade Russia" takes which have been aired on SNL.

No clue, just seemed very tongue in cheek.

And yes, the criticism of not serving in war (or serving in the armed forces, or the boost for having done so, for any president or politician, is obnoxious. There's almost this type of blueprint of becoming a politician, and it starts with minimum service after graduation.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:01 AM   #935
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Trump is not Hitler and is not a Nazi. If Trump is anything he's a Totalitarian. I can easily see the administration turning the country into a Totalitarian State using the guise of patriotism. This "alternative facts" nonsense is straight out of Orwell. As for Trump not serving in the military.
That doesn't mean anything to me. It doesn't equate into how well or capable someone is in running the country. Another day. I wonder what insanity will come out of Trump today.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:32 AM   #936
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRollDawgie View Post
This "alternative facts" nonsense is straight out of Orwell.

Iron horse, with your new commitment to engage and as someone who brings up Orwell a lot I'd like to hear your thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 01-23-2017, 11:40 AM   #937
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
This is awesome:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/put-pi...170700584.html

(Good on ya, Fox News)
I think that they have to stop engaging these people.

If Kellyanne Conway and Priebus and Spicer or whoever are going to go on these shows and flat out lie, they need to be told that they will not be brought back. The interview ends at "alternative facts" and you're shown the door.

Believe me, they want and need the media coverage (despite their constant whining) more than the media needs them. Watch that "relationship" improve quickly.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:44 AM   #938
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

If Kellyanne Conway and Priebus and Spicer or whoever are going to go on these shows and flat out lie, they need to be told that they will not be brought back. The interview ends at "alternative facts" and you're shown the door.

Believe me, they want and need the media coverage (despite their constant whining) more than the media needs them. Watch that "relationship" improve quickly.
I think it was right of CNN and Fox to both call them out on their shit. They're setting their own precedent.

Also CNN wouldn't even show the presser live.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:58 AM   #939
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I've said this like a bazillion times and each time I've been told that's turning a blind eye.

He thrives on attention and hysteria.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:38 PM   #940
Blue Crack Supplier

It's fun to laugh about "alternative facts" for a day or so, but we shouldn't let these people hanged language. Let's use real words and call them "lies" and pointnout that KAC and Trump and Speicer lie.

They are lying liars who lie, and people who believe them are fools.

Language matters.