The End is Nigh: US Presidential Election Thread Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot that.

He ran a campaign of racism and xenophobia after 8 years of an African American prrsident, and rural whites ate it up hook, line and sinker.

This is also a direct attack on race and on marriage equality... and by the end if these 5 years, if he wins, he could easily erase all of it. ALL of it.

This is so disheartening

And women's rights, because you best believe the dream of government mandated maternity leave is absolutely gone now.

I'd just like to extend an early happy holidays and New Year to our Trump supporters before you take a coincidental sabbatical from the forum.

We'll see you guys in January :up:
I'd just like to extend an early happy holidays and New Year to our Trump supporters before you take a coincidental sabbatical from the forum.

:up::wave:

sea+six-albums-honda+trail+bike+shop-picture2573-clintondefeatstrump.jp

It sunk in for me an hour ago.

What am I going to do? Move out of the country (where to? To what prospects?) Cry? Retreat to a far-left-progressive echo chamber and trade conspiracy theories until the next election cycle?

Nah, I'm going to make myself as irreplaceable as possible at work and hope Trump doesn't set us back 30 years.

That wasn't really directed at you. I just disagreeing with whomever said that Trump is not going to implement most of the horrible policies he's been talking about in the campaign.

It sunk in for me an hour ago.

What am I going to do? Move out of the country (where to? To what prospects?) Cry? Retreat to a far-left-progressive echo chamber and trade conspiracy theories until the next election cycle?

Nah, I'm going to make myself as irreplaceable as possible at work and hope Trump doesn't set us back 30 years.

Yes.

I feel more unsafe now than I did 4 hours ago, but I'm not leaving. Not yet anyway.

I will say that I feel let down by my natural optimism. Things do tend to get better.

But not always. That's where we are now. So we'll fight to make it better.

It's just stunning how wrong the polls were. She's basically hit her numbers. He's over performed. Big data failed.

Well, peef, can you believe it? Your vote mattered. 2000+ vote difference right now.

Edit: this reads sarcastic, I didn't mean for it to. I legit meant can you believe it came down to such a razor and for once an average Joe's vote really makes a difference.

But the ACA isn't universal Healthcare.

i get that.

i'm saying there is no excuse these days for a country (certainly not one that claims to be a liberal western democracy in the 21st century) not to provide basic health care to everyone who lives there.

you guys both have space at my house in toronto if need be.

Exit polls showing women and POC voted Trump 54 to 46%.

How? I mean that honestly. It's like Russian hackers or something.

I'll eat shit, if people want. Guess I was wrong. But everything was wrong. I won't apologize for reading and analyzing the information available and drawing conclusions.

I have zero problem admitting that I underestimated the hatred still out there in the hearts of white America.

oh please, yawn.

you have zero idea what just happened. Most of you don't. It will sink in eventually and then you will come back to the table and realize there is a place for you we have left sitting there.

In the meantime...0430 comes early for me so cheers folks...

I'll eat shit, if people want. Guess I was wrong. But everything was wrong. I won't apologize for reading and analyzing the information available and drawing conclusions.

This.

Let Mrs. G. Have his day, I guess. Doesn't change the reasoning I had for how I felt. I spent a lot of time in college studying statistics for audience research. I'm a big believer in polls. I feel betrayed by math.

oh please, yawn.

you have zero idea what just happened. Most of you don't. It will sink in eventually and then you will come back to the table and realize there is a place for you we have left sitting there.

In the meantime...0430 comes early for me so cheers folks...
It's fairly clear what happened.

Whites. Gary Johnson.

I don't want a seat at Trump's table. You can keep it.

Nate Cohn put it best. Non college educated white people voted like a minority. And they are 40% of the population.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Nate Cohn put it best. Non college educated white people voted like a minority. And they are 40% of the population.

I really don't get that mindset, though. My family aren't college-educated, and we're white, and lower-class. And yet we still voted for Hillary. Clearly, I'm seriously disconnected from others within my economic/racial/educational status.

Edit: And I REALLY don't get women and people of color leaning towards Trump. How in the hell did that happen?

Blaming Russian hackers for your party's misfortunes isn't particularly reasonable, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom