Kuwaitis call for boycott of Danish goods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:

Those are some ugly, ugly pictures.

But there is a significant difference.

The pictures you posted speak to what God will supposedly do.

The pictures Justin24 posted talk about what some Muslims are threatening to do.

when you're the recipient of such hate, and you know that these signs are made from highly dubious readings of scripture clearly informed by pathological hatred, it really doesn't make much of a difference.

Irvine511 said:
when you're the recipient of such hate, and you know that these signs are made from highly dubious readings of scripture clearly informed by pathological hatred, it really doesn't make much of a difference.

Good point. I take it you looked up the Scripture references on the signs. While the Luke 13:5 passage is an odd paraphrase of "But unless you repent, you too will all perish", the Malachi reference makes no sense at all.

nbcrusader said:

Good point. I take it you looked up the Scripture references on the signs. While the Luke 13:5 passage is an odd paraphrase of "But unless you repent, you too will all perish", the Malachi reference makes no sense at all.

well, no, i didn't look it up (probably should have), i'll credit Dread and Melon to informing me enough about the gay-related passages, combined with the fairly safe assumption that anyone willing to hold such a sign probably isn't terribly interested in careful scriptural readings, to make the guess that the theology was not just hateful, but poorly supported.

i do support, however, their rights to wave those signs, and i ultimately support the right of the venal signs selected from what i'm sure are large protests in London. it's simply safer to defend ALL forms of speech, no matter how offensive, because you firstly remove the risk of setting double standards, and as A_W points out, the fact that someone can tell me i will burn in hell gives me the right to the them that i'll look foward to seeing them there.

on another note, i would like to be more conversant in scripture. i am consistently amazed at the level of detail that you and many others in here have such discussions.

sign21.jpg

Even threatening Assassination on the PM of Denmark. Yes they have a right to wave signs also even if it is vile.

sign5.jpg

This one is actually comical.

She must be a great supporter of: captivity, confinement, imprisonment, incarceration, limitation, servitude, slavery, subjection, suppression.

Irvine511 said:
on another note, i would like to be more conversant in scripture. i am consistently amazed at the level of detail that you and many others in here have such discussions.

I would encourage pursuing study in some form. Some studies may tell you what you want to hear, others won't. But anything that gives you a disciplined framework for reading Scripture would be beneficial.

Irvine511 said:

these pictures are vile, no question, but i would guess that they are far from representative of mainstream muslim thought both in europe and in the muslim world, and, really, are they much different (and as poorly representative of the whole) from the following:

phelps.jpg

God%20Hates%20Fags.jpg
God hates Fags has nowhere near the clout of Hizb-ut Tahir or other militant Islamic groups.

MrBrau1 said:
sign5.jpg

She must be a great supporter of: captivity, confinement, imprisonment, incarceration, limitation, servitude, slavery, subjection, suppression.

You cannot help wondering: What is this person doing in Britain anyway? Why not settle down in a nice brutal-dictator-led not free country and be happy? :shrug:

deep said:
The Serrano photo is not being circulated of the front pages of many countries’ newspapers.

The cartoon Wanderer described would never be defended by me as free speech.

The "Corpus Christie" production, if what I have read is correct

'the opening scene is an actor portraying Christ having sex with an apostle'

will not be defended as freedom of expression

I accept limits,

and yes
I know it is a slippery slope
Do you believe in God?

Who is the arbiter of this? I shouldn't have had Jesus having sex with Mary, it should have been with a young boy to highlight the issue of paedophile priests in the Catholic Church.

As for such a scene as Jesus having sex with an apostle, so what? an awful lot of men throughout the ages have used power and clout for sexual advantage why are we to believe that Jesus would be any different?

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
sign5.jpg

Yeah, if she wants freedom to go to hell, she must want to get busted if she takes her head covering off.

She? She? She?

What indicates gender here - the fact that "she" is wearing a garish tea towell wouldn't that tilt to the "he" direction?

Muslim woman usually wear solid colors such as black to cover their faces.

But the Muslims are taking this way to far, with the death threats. WWMD or WWAD

A_Wanderer said:
She? She? She?

What indicates gender here - the fact that "she" is wearing a garish tea towell wouldn't that tilt to the "he" direction?

Yeah, I think it's a guy too. His fingers could look a bit feminine, though.

Justin24 said:
Kuffr / Infidel

If they didn't actually do it and have signs that talk about beheaddings then this joke wouldn't be as offensive :|

Incidently the traditional Islamic dress that the women that go to these rallys wear is generally more consistent, but the covering of the face like that makes the person look like a Hamas terrorist.

Last edited:
protest_muslims_intolerant_clip_mrez.jpg

Read the placards

Behead those who insult Islam
Butcher those who mock Islam
Slay those who disrespect Islam

If they are offended and this is the response these groups muster - fuck them, these are not idle threats as their ideological ilk have killed before. Free speech will be defended against these reactionary swine.

A_Wanderer said:

Read the placards

If they are offended and this is the response these groups muster - fuck them, these are not idle threats as their ideological ilk have killed before. Free speech will be defended against these reactionary swine.

This looks like it was taken somewhere in the West, maybe even the U.S. But you're right, advocating murder for any offense taken is barbaric.

A_Wanderer said:

Read the placards

I have no respect for those fuckers carrying the sign. A_Wanderer how can I put that "I support Denmark" Icon?

does anyone have pictures of Cartoons The Arab news paper put out where they make fun of the Jews?

Back
Top Bottom