Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2 - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2008, 04:01 AM   #321
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:50 AM
This is Getting Ugly. New Palin Rumors Fly. � Mudflats

Quote:
This is Getting Ugly. New Palin Rumors Fly.
5 09 2008

It’s hopeless. Just when you think you’ll get a few minutes to eat, or work, or have a life, more cars on the train wreck that is the McCain-Palin ticket derail.

The latest story the National Enquirer is working on is that Palin had an affair with Todd’s ex-business partner in an Anchorage Car Wash venture. This was an interesting twist because it was also rumored that Todd Palin had an “Edwards problem”. Maybe he has an Elizabeth Edwards problem. I generally try to resist getting too caught up in the smarminess, unless it becomes impossible. It just did.

Two days ago, Todd’s ex-business partner filed an emergency motion to have his divorce papers sealed. Yesterday the motion was DENIED.

Buckle up. I’ll post updates and links…unless the entire intertube network collapses first.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:38 AM   #322
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Regarding this post, I've since read another explanation as to why Todd Palin's business partner, Scott Richter, filed a motion a few days ago, which was denied, to have his divorce papers sealed. While not as damaging to SP personally, this second version is probably more damaging politically.

In short, a former friend and advisor to Governor Palin, John Bitney, was found to be dating the soon to be ex wife of Richter. So what happened to Bitney after this was discovered? He was unceremoniously fired, with no reason given. SP's office reported that he resigned, and left his position amicably. It's assumed that Richter's divorce papers make some mention of Bitney, thus the sudden motion to seal them.

Public Access - Docket List

Full story about the Palin/Richter/Bitney debacle:
Shadow Governor? | AndrewHalcro.com

So, while SP probably didn't have an affair with this man (there still are questions about another man, a hockey coach ), this story does show that both Palins used her position to exact personal revenge on people who had wronged them.

These people are living in a friggin' soap opera world.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #323
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post

And if she didn't, who can blame her after the way they've treated her so far?
well she is on record as saying that female candidates should not runaway/complain, but instead confront sexism and the media by trying even harder to prove themselves. fielding a few questions certainly falls within that framework, i think.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #324
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
These people are living in a friggin' soap opera world.
Long, cold winters will do that to you.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
well she is on record as saying that female candidates should not runaway/complain, but instead confront sexism and the media by trying even harder to prove themselves. fielding a few questions certainly falls within that framework, i think.
We'll see. I'd like to see her make the rounds on some shows, except I know that every other question will either be about Bristol and some irrelevant nonsense, or it will be "Who's the president of Botswana?"

At least give the woman a week. Her son leaves for Iraq on Thursday. At least be decent and let her spend as much time with her son as she wants. After the week is over, then you can say what you want about her public appearances.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #326
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:50 AM
Quote:
We'll see. I'd like to see her make the rounds on some shows, except I know that every other question will either be about Bristol and some irrelevant nonsense, or it will be "Who's the president of Botswana?"

i honestly think it will be more along the lines of Iraq, Iran, Russia, Georgia, Israel, Palestine, etc.

she has no record, at all, of speaking on these issues. she said that she heard about the Surge on "the news."

i assume she's studying right now.

terrifying.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #327
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:50 AM
I heard that luxury jet she referenced in her speech (and which was repeated again) was indeed put on ebay, but apparently it didn't sell. It did sell to an Alaskan businessman. I believe I heard the original price was 2.7 million, and sold for about 2.1.

\random
Old 09-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #328
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
I heard that luxury jet she referenced in her speech (and which was repeated again) was indeed put on ebay, but apparently it didn't sell. It did sell to an Alaskan businessman. I believe I heard the original price was 2.7 million, and sold for about 2.1.

\random
See, and why lie about something as inconsequential as that?
Old 09-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #329
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
See, and why lie about something as inconsequential as that?
What lie? Tell me.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #330
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

I don't see any lying on that count, either. It did go up on eBay. Whether it sold on eBay or not is irrelevant.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #331
ONE
love, blood, life

But she specifically left out the part about it not selling on eBay. She intentionally made it sound like she had sold the plane on eBay. That's a lie.

Yes, it's irrelevant and doesn't matter, but that's my point: why lie about something so inconsequential?
Old 09-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #332
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
But she specifically left out the part about it not selling on eBay. She intentionally made it sound like she had sold the plane on eBay. That's a lie.

Yes, it's irrelevant and doesn't matter, but that's my point: why lie about something so inconsequential?
Weak.

She's consistently said "put in on Ebay", not "sold." The point is she decided to get rid of something wasteful and unnecessary, and eventually sold it for close to what was paid for it. I still see no lie.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #333
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

...I don't really agree that it's an out and out "lie" though. All she said is "I put it on eBay." Which is completely true. I don't think it sounds likes she intentionally trying to make it sound like it sold on eBay, only that she's trying to get across that she wanted to sell it, which she did.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #334
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
...I don't really agree that it's an out and out "lie" though. All she said is "I put it on eBay." Which is completely true. I don't think it sounds likes she intentionally trying to make it sound like it sold on eBay, only that she's trying to get across that she wanted to sell it, which she did.
It's a lie of omission. She could have easily said, "I put it on eBay, but it didn't sell there, but I didn't give up, and I eventually sold it this way[whatever way she ended up selling it]", but she didn't. By saying, "I put it on eBay", she is clearly implying that it resulted in a sale.

Saying the rest wouldn't have done any damage whatsoever to her, so why omit it?

I understand that it is an unimportant issue - she is the one making a big deal of it in the first place - but my point is that if she is willing to lie about this, even an unimportant, trivial, lie of omission, what else is she willing to lie about?
Old 09-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #335
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
It's a lie of omission. She could have easily said, "I put it on eBay, but it didn't sell there, but I didn't give up, and I eventually sold it this way[whatever way she ended up selling it]", but she didn't. By saying, "I put it on eBay", she is clearly implying that it resulted in a sale.

Saying the rest wouldn't have done any damage whatsoever to her, so why omit it?
Because she wasn't trying to tell a story. She used that anecdote as an example of her cutting things that are wasteful and giving that money back to the people. I can't believe we're even having a discussion about this...

Quote:
but my point is that if she is willing to lie about this, even an unimportant, trivial, lie of omission, what else is she willing to lie about?
Please. Your partisanship is blinding you to common sense and rationality. Get some fresh air.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #336
Blue Crack Addict

Attention gays and lesbians, good news, Palin's church thinks it can cure you.

Quote:
"At the 11:15 a.m. Sunday service, hundreds sit in folding chairs, listening to a 20-minute sermon about the Book of Malachi and singing along to alt-rock praise songs. The only sign of culture warring in the whole production is an insert in the day's program advertising an upcoming Focus on the Family conference on homosexuality in Anchorage called Love Won Out. The group promises to teach attendees how to "respond to misinformation in our culture" and help them "overcome" homosexuality."
Time.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #337
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:

I understand that it is an unimportant issue - she is the one making a big deal of it in the first place - but my point is that if she is willing to lie about this, even an unimportant, trivial, lie of omission, what else is she willing to lie about?
Come on, man. It was one line meant to illustrate a point. It was not a lie of omission. The main point she was making is that she wanted to sell the jet, not that she put it on Ebay (besides "I put it on eBay" is almost synonymous with "I sold it" anyway). She omitted the rest because what she should was sufficient, imo. I don't think by not completely filling in the story she created any false premise. Watching the speech and reading the speech, the only clear implication I get is that she sold it.

And honestly I think you're reeeeally stretching if you're going to use this perceived lie of omission as an opening to ponder what else she'd lie about.

Use her lies about earmarks and the Bridge to Nowhere to do that.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #338
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Attention gays and lesbians, good news, Palin's church thinks it can cure you.

Time.
Well, if you to were ask many on the right, that's just what Christians believe, so Palin's fine.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #339
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Because she wasn't trying to tell a story. She used that anecdote as an example of her cutting things that are wasteful and giving that money back to the people. I can't believe we're even having a discussion about this...

Please. Your partisanship is blinding you to common sense and rationality. Get some fresh air.
Everything I've heard and read about her and from her has made me distrust her intensely on a gut level. It is scary to think of her ascending to the presidency in the event of McCain's demise. Perhaps this intense distrust of mine is causing me to be overly sensitive to anything she says that could even remotely be the smallest of lies.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #340
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:
Everything I've heard and read about her and from her has made me distrust her intensely on a gut level. It is scary to think of her ascending to the presidency in the event of McCain's demise. Perhaps this intense distrust of mine is causing me to be overly sensitive to anything she says that could even remotely be the smallest of lies.
Palin scares me too. I don't know what McCain was thinking in this. I actually liked him until a few days ago.