an attempt to lighten things up a bit.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a tv channel (city tv) here was making a contest, the price was a pair of tickets for a U2 concert.... all you had to do is take an empty box of condoms, go to the channel's building and talk in front of the public camera that you love U2 and that you use condoms and blah blah blah.... I was thinking on doing that, but, to be honest I got a little embarrased, cuz i would had to appear on public tv telling everybody that i use that X brand of condoms and all that shit... maybe some of you people will say that i'm insane for let got that chance, but I don't know...

I'm on the pill... but i always use condom. some guys think that if you use the pill they can use nothing :tsk: . that is "technically" true but I'm responsible of myself and I will do all the possible to take care of my body and my mind.

i'd totally endorse a particular kind of condom for a U2 ticket.

not a moment's hesistation.

... wondering what the U2 song in the background should be for the commercial ... i'm thinking "mysterious ways"

maybe i'm toooooooo shy :reject: ... I still live with my parents and I don't talk to them much, so i can't imagine their face if they saw their little girl talking about used condoms (with her partner, cuz you had to appear with your bf/friend/hubby whatever) :uhoh: ... they would chase my poor friend with torchs, hehe.

Muggsy said:

I'm on the pill... but i always use condom. some guys think that if you use the pill they can use nothing :tsk: . that is "technically" true but I'm responsible of myself and I will do all the possible to take care of my body and my mind.

Good for you muggsy for being so responsible

Of course unless you know the complete and 100 percent truthful sexual history of a guy, complete w/ all test results for all STDs and AIDS, it is never technically true. Please understand I don't mean to insult you in any way by saying that, please don't take it that way, OK? :)

I just have to add that I went by the pharmacy bench today, thanks to BVS I'll never look at it the same way again :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:

I just have to add that I went by the pharmacy bench today, thanks to BVS I'll never look at it the same way again :wink:

That's what I'm here for, to bring a new perspective on things.:wink:

It is called 'free your mind'.

:ohmy:

I don't believe you- not even Bill Clinton ever did that, as far as I know :D

Well I guess this whole story counts as lightening things up

maybe I should really ask some more questions in the ask BVS thread :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:

Good for you muggsy for being so responsible

Of course unless you know the complete and 100 percent truthful sexual history of a guy, complete w/ all test results for all STDs and AIDS, it is never technically true. Please understand I don't mean to insult you in any way by saying that, please don't take it that way, OK? :)

oh don't worry... i know what you mean :) , and I'm aware about the things you're saying...i was talking about the risk of pregnancy and the pill. but I know that the pill doesn't prevent against any STD so I like to be sure and use a condom.

Irvine511 said:
but why condoms? why are they more likely to be shoplifted than other things of similar value?

Because young kids are too embarrassed to take condoms up to the cash register, especially if the cashier is a pretty young lady. Or a stern grandmotherly type. Maybe more male cashiers is what's needed...

Irvine511 said:
and i'd rather have a kid shoplift condoms than not be able to afford them and go off and have unprotected sex.

I understand your feelings, but just try convincing any store of that. They don't want to lose money to shoplifters.

I'd like to see more condom vending machines in restrooms. Especially high school restrooms. Some high schoolers might be embarrassed to ask the school nurse for condoms, but machines don't make judgments, give lectures or stern looks.

The only problem with that is, guess what's going to be vandalized half the time?

I was like :eyebrow: and :ohmy: when the guy i'm dating with (a 25 year old ) told me that he shoplifts his condoms in a big department store near his town... that was weird and I took that with humor but the last time he had to buy a box in the pharmacy and he was really embarrased :huh: .

Last edited:
part of me wants to say, "well, if you're too immature to be buying condoms, you're too immature to be having sex."

however, the self-consciousness i felt, as a 27 year old gay male who's never not used a condom and is very comfortable talking about sex (honestly, that's one of the best things about being gay, is how frank and open most men are with their partners, from everything from instructions to discussions about STDs and safety) ... i can't imagine what some 17 year old who's *really* hoping prom goes well might be thinking and feeling if he had to get a motherly figure to open up the condom shelf for him.

I used to work at a petrol station, and there was this woman who used to come in reguarly, to buy condoms. They were kept behind the counter, with medicines, batteries, and chocs. Interesting combination... but yes, they were there to prevent shoplifting.
Anyway, this meant she had to ask me for them. She had a speech defect.

The first time she bought them off me, she said "Durex" 3 times before I realised what she was on about, the first time I thought she said "Dairy Box" (British choc box)! This happened a second time, which was embarrassing.

So the 3rd time she turned up I was , ahem, prepared. However - this time she looked blank when I confidently handed her the Durex. Yep - this was the one occasion she actually DID want Dairy Box.

:reject:

As for the behind glass thing - we had that in my university town. I've lived in some extremely rough places but even I was shocked to see it.

Back
Top Bottom