It's Official# This ad does not make sense.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
So... I am flipping through Forbes magazine. Yeah Forbes, :rolleyes: I work at a brokerage firm. Anyway.... so I stumble across this add for JEEP Grand Cherokee Overland. Estimated retail value of $37,105.00 USD (excludes tax). Not a poor man's vehicle. :der:

So... rewind back a few weeks... I am having a serious discussion with friends about life and stuff and we get to talking about money, because one of them just got a raise. Great, good for them, I always manage to be happy for my friends, but a part of me can't help but feel reverse anxiety from their fortunes sometimes because lately, I have been feeling so useless, worthless even. 28yrs old... blah blah blah making a really really LOW salary and then hearing that my friends (who are younger than me) making nearly double my salary. :crack: Not a pity post or anything, because I know get a grip, at least you have a job girl. True, true... So here I am struggling with my own self-worth lately and I stumble across this JEEP ad.

It's a picture of the jeep, its owner and his dog by the ocean. So tranquil... with the caption:

"Never Confuse Your Net Worth With Your Self Worth."

How lovely, I think.... so true too. Good food for thought, and then I look up and see the ad's for JEEP Granch Cherokee Overland. :der:

Someone explain to me how this makes any sense as a consumer? :angry: Their bloody words of wisdom end up making you feel worse, 'cause I look at that JEEP and realize I could never own that yet they are trying to tell me not to judge myself on my posessions so-to-speak. :crazy:

i hate ads like that. :angry:

citigroup has one similar to that. i don't remember what the actual phrase is, but it annoys me everytime i see it.

evil materialism. :down:

:hug: angel :hug:

:( I really, really want a Jeep too. It's always been my dream vehicle.

i would like just about any car. but jeeps are indeed cool. as long as they're not diamondsexy jeeps. :angry:

28 years old - check
slight self-worth issues lately - check
could never afford a jeep like that - check

I don't want that jeep anyway :mad:

18 years old - check
slight self-worth issues - come on, i'm young :mad:
precious jeep - hell no. i :heart: my sedan
future job extremely low paying, degree worth nothing, gonna have that sedan forever - check

:huge: hey angel :)

Back
Top Bottom