It's Official # morecomplaints

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
Ok, so since relationship/dating, etc complaints have been fairly prominent lately (from myself included) I'm gonna add more. :D So I wake up to hear my flatmates all happy and cheering for another one of my flatmates because he pulled some random girl last night (getting into british lingo now, sorry! pulled=hooked up if there are any :huh:s). Anyway, so the second question from a flatmate of mine (a female) was 'was she pretty'?? I'm just like :tsk:...yeah, so let's be all happy and excited about the accomplishment of meaningless sex (no offense to anyone who partakes in the pursuit of meaningless sex, btw). And my argentinian flatmate says that in argentina, if you go out on a date on a friday night, you basically have to sleep with the person - it's assumed. Ok, so yes i am bitter at my lack of a love life, but I'm also just generally annoyed at society's views...I go through phases where it really bothers me and I'm currently in one. But that's all. I'm done ranting. Sorry. :eek:

Very decent of you. I get the same irritation...the way some friends of mine go on about their conquests and the manner of them, then of course they'll get onto me about my lack of similar stories...always grates, I mean, aren't you allowed to be genuine about these things??

jkayet said:
in argentina, if you go out on a date on a friday night, you basically have to sleep with the person - it's assumed.

you mean, thats not the rule everywhere??? :sexywink:

God bless America.

:tsk:

brettig said:
Very decent of you.
It's not even just that, but I'll take it. ;) I'm just increasingly irritated lately with the way people casually go through 'dating' without forming any real attachments, yet have all these expectations that require no emotional ties whatsoever. Especially since I'd really like to find someone who is actually looking for a realtionship with meaning...very few decent guys with decent expectations around though... :tsk: Hence, Jenn keeps her distance from the dating scene...:banghead:

brettig said:
Very decent of you. I get the same irritation...the way some friends of mine go on about their conquests and the manner of them, then of course they'll get onto me about my lack of similar stories...

Its the same irritation I have to put up with Daniel. Sometimes I feel so separated from my generation and the cliches held alongside. Often I just can't believe how superficial and shallow the perspective both men and women have of eachother is at times. I won't even isolate either one for being worse because I know it isn't that clear cut. Of course then you have to be informed that you shouldn't be sitting outside that frame of mind.

its a symptom of society.

guick gratification. no attachments.

like the drive thru.

drive-thru.jpg

daisybean said:
I knew a girl who would hook up with random guys just for the fun of it. I'd be like, "you idiot, you don't know these guys!"

exactly ... thats the way i think now... what with all the murderers and rapists around now :( you never know who's who ...

Back
Top Bottom