It's Official #1471

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive felt that way at times in my life.
Learning ways to make yourself visible is the only way to cure it sweetie.
If you can't think of anything, wear something slinky down to the supermarket and see what happens ;)

your not on my ignore list :wave:

I always feel invisible too :|

Funny i feel that way alot lately too. I seem to have a sign above my head that reads "PLEASE - Interrupt me whenever i begin to speak"

I especially love it when i actually get up the gumption to pour my heart out about something important.

Ali Rose said:

I especially love it when i actually get up the gumption to pour my heart out about something important.

I did that recently I told somebody something important he said what I was doing was stupid now I dont tell anyone about that not even my other best friend I just keep schtum :sad:

People just :lol: at me :|

Being invisible is good :wave:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I feel that way a lot.

Especially when I'm at the bank or a store and everyone is a thousand times more attractive than I.

:|

It blows.

That's been happening to you too lately?

I was all excited cuz I've lost 20 pounds, so I went to the store to get new clothes cuz my jeans are all too big...but everybody around me was so damn pretty that I just looked like a fucking cow in everything I tried on.

Blarg. :sigh:

Bonochick said:

That's been happening to you too lately?

I was all excited cuz I've lost 20 pounds, so I went to the store to get new clothes cuz my jeans are all too big...but everybody around me was so damn pretty that I just looked like a fucking cow in everything I tried on.

Blarg. :sigh:

Damn, girl, you look great with your weightloss! :up:

Nah, I've felt that way pretty much my entire life. I've maybe had five days out of my entire life where I've felt pretty or not worried about my apprearance at all (one of them was the party in Vegas last year...lol).

:censored: low self-esteem.

Exactly. To all of it.

BLARGH to poor self-esteem, negative self images and judgemental, snobby people. :down:

You've all touched on a massive nerve of mine. :sad:

GIRL POWER RANT

Everyone strap on their Union Jack dresses and Spice Girl pumps because you are about to be Girl Powered severely.

Girls, Girls, Girls!!!!!
PLEASE get yourself some confidence and say with me, I am pretty dammit.

I am a gorgeous, beautiful, wonderful, spunky, sexy, terrific fantastic girl and anyone who meets me is lucky to be in my presence because I am have so much damn coolness, it oozes from my pores!!!!!

Seriously girls, you are all attractive, wonderfully kind and compassionate people from what I can see. The amount of low self esteem Im seeing around here lately is making me bonkers. You should NONE OF YOU feel this way.
You are women dammit!!!!!
We've got the upper hand to begin with!!!
I know I am not one to talk because I have suffered from this shit for a lot of my life but you know what, there comes a point where you just have to say to yourself, I wont let this beat me, I wont be another sad sorry case who lets my mind make me feel this way.

Eddie Vedder has told us all.
I know I was born and I know I will die
Whats in between is MINE!!!
Its all yours, girls, dont spend your lives feeling like you arent worth it because a girl standing next to you is prettier.
There will ALWAYS be prettier and thinner people around you.
Unless you are Helena Christiansen or some freak like that!
But so what??? That doesn't mean you are any less important or beautiful!

I am no beauty pageant winner but who gives a fuck? Life is too short to spend it wishing for something else. The first step to feeling good about yourself is to ignore others and look at yourself in the mirror and smile for once.
You feel invisible? Don't let yourself be invisible.
You feel others talk over you. Interrupt THEM and say "excuse me, I was talking. Coiuld you wait till Im finished please?"
Make yourself visible girls.
Be proud of your sexiness.
Be proud of your originality and uniqueness.
No girl, no matter how pretty she is, or how great a body she has, ever feels like she is the greatest thing to walk the face of the planet because of the way society beats on the female form. Its a fact. We have to face it.
HOWEVER, when you say I feel "less than"..you are letting them win.
DONT LET THEM!!!!!

I am Woman
HEAR ME ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I think its time for a pic thread to boost some egos around here. YOU GIRLS ARE GORGEOUS AND I AM GONNA COME BEAT YOU ALL UP IF I HEAR ANYMORE WHINING ABOUT HOW UNPRETTY YOU ARE.
Either that or Im gonna come to your houses and play "Genie in a Bottle" over and over on high speed.

GROUP HUG or Im gonna send Salomey after you with a water gun.
:hug: :hug:

I am a gorgeous, beautiful, wonderful, spunky, sexy, terrific fantastic girl and anyone who meets me is lucky to be in my presence because I am have so much damn coolness, it oozes from my pores!!!!!

Re: GIRL POWER RANT

Cowgirl said:
Everyone strap on their Union Jack dresses and Spice Girl pumps because you are about to be Girl Powered severely.

Girls, Girls, Girls!!!!!
PLEASE get yourself some confidence and say with me, I am pretty dammit.

Seriously girls, you are all attractive, wonderfully kind and compassionate people from what I can see. The amount of low self esteem Im seeing around here lately is making me bonkers. You should NONE OF YOU feel this way.
You are women dammit!!!!!
We've got the upper hand to begin with!!!
I know I am not one to talk because I have suffered from this shit for a lot of my life but you know what, there comes a point where you just have to say to yourself, I wont let this beat me, I wont be another sad sorry case who lets my mind make me feel this way.

Eddie Vedder has told us all.
I know I was born and I know I will die
Whats in between is MINE!!!
Its all yours, girls, dont spend your lives feeling like you arent worth it because a girl standing next to you is prettier.
There will ALWAYS be prettier and thinner people around you.
Unless you are Helena Christiansen or some freak like that!
But so what??? That doesn't mean you are any less important or beautiful!

I am no beauty pageant winner but who gives a fuck? Life is too short to spend it wishing for something else. The first step to feeling good about yourself is to ignore others and look at yourself in the mirror and smile for once.
You feel invisible? Don't let yourself be invisible.
You feel others talk over you. Interrupt THEM and say "excuse me, I was talking. Coiuld you wait till Im finished please?"
Make yourself visible girls.
Be proud of your sexiness.
Be proud of your originality and uniqueness.
No girl, no matter how pretty she is, or how great a body she has, ever feels like she is the greatest thing to walk the face of the planet because of the way society beats on the female form. Its a fact. We have to face it.
HOWEVER, when you say I feel "less than"..you are letting them win.
DONT LET THEM!!!!!

I am Woman
HEAR ME ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I think its time for a pic thread to boost some egos around here. YOU GIRLS ARE GORGEOUS AND I AM GONNA COME BEAT YOU ALL UP IF I HEAR ANYMORE WHINING ABOUT HOW UNPRETTY YOU ARE.
Either that or Im gonna come to your houses and play "Genie in a Bottle" over and over on high speed.

GROUP HUG or Im gonna send Salomey after you with a water gun.
:hug: :hug:

I think I'm gonna print this out (along with the other thread) and post it on my bedroom wall.

No pic thread, I already posted pics once this weekend. :no:

not much self-esteem here either

I HEAR YOU, Katherine and April.

I'm like that too - it's like, i walk down the street and see girls/women, and they look so much better than me, i begin to wonder "should i even try to compete with that?" or "how do they do it?" ... yup, very invisible-ish. But hey, you all know how negative i was about my pics.

Even here, if i browse down Nicamom's album it's like "what the heck are my pics doing here?" and "i sure bring down the looks average in here".

Or like if i'm hanging out with my friends: "i wish i looked half as good as they do."

I can feel good about myself if, say, i did good at school or now if i do good at work, or, help out someone - it's very rarely something connected with my appearance. Sure, i get praises and "you're pretty" from kind people, but then i think "i doubt that" or "you're just saying that".

I think at the end of the day this is who you are..you shouldn't make such an effort to compare yourself to others so you can conform to what society states is normal. I refuse to believe there is such thing as a recognised level which people have to reach to be accepted as beautiful..because everyone will always be different, and feel an attraction to someone else in so many different ways which you can't define in a magazine. Life is indeed short, and leaves a small canvas for you to improve yourself and explore your best qualities..inner critism only moves you over to that side you are against everytime you pick up a magazine and question why they need to promote such low self-esteem in women..All of you are very unique and beautiful people, and shouldn't feel the need to wage war on yourselves..or feel the need to be someone different..you all deserve a lot better.

"I am what I am, and that's all that I am" Popeye

I love interference boys. God Bless ya.

Thanks for the speech , manda. :D You rock. I shall strive to be as cool and confident as you.

The thing is Ali Rose, Im not confident or cool at all.
I just admire Katherine Hepburn.
You don't have to be confident or cool or whatever, just act like you are.

Back
Top Bottom