Its Official #10,000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: I wonder if I'll ever have a million posts

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

DAMN! LOL Congrats!:dance:

10,000:shocked: Have you counted all the other posts from all your other SN's and combined the totals? :reject: *Is afraid to know*

:laugh:

duh - I guess this one is pretty famous or something...

Sisyphus
( none )
Born of Aeolus and Enarete he had a son Glaucus (who fathered Bellephon) with Merope (the seventh Pleiades), Actually he had 3 more children with her, Thersander, Almus and Ornytion.

He also had two sons with Tyro, but she killed them as explained below. He had much more luck with his son with Anticlia. The son's name was Odysseus of the Iliad and Odysseus poems.

Sisyphus founded Ephyra, a city later called Corinth. He received the kingdom of Corinth from Medea.

Upon the death of Corinthus, they say, the Corinthians sent for Medea, who first ruled as queen but later handed over the kingdom to Sisyphus.

Sisyphus married Tyro (his niece) but she killed her children by him because it had been prophesied that they would kill Tyro's father Salmoneus, Sisyphus' brother.

Sisyphus disliked Salmoneus, :lol: and asked a oracle how he might have him killed. She said that this could be done through having children by Tyro, because those children would kill their father. But then, when Tyro learned about the oracle, she killed her sons by Sisyphus.

Unfortunately for Tyro, Zeus struck Salmoneus with a thunderbolt for his impiety, after he had founded a city Salmonia in Elis.

Sisyphus came also into conflict with Hermes' son Autolycus, (Diamond? sexyjeep and auto?)who inherited from his father the skill of a thief so competent that he was never caught. For the god made him able to change whatever he stole into some other form or colour, from white to black, or from black to white, from a hornless animal to a horned one, or from a horned one to a hornless. So Autolycus kept continually stealing from the herds of Sisyphus without being detected.

However Sisyphus knew who the thief was because Autolycus' property was increasing without any other cause. So, in order to catch the thief Sisyphus put a mark on the hooves of his cattle so that he could identify them.

Sisyphus took his cattle back, but while he did that he also seduced Autolycus' daughter Anticlia, who became pregnant and married Laertes. She gave birth to Odysseus made famous by the poet Homer.

Sisyphus told the riber god Asopus where his daughter Aegina had disappeared to. She had been abducted by Zeus who raped her. Instead of being ashamed, the jerk Zeus punished Sisyphus by confining him to the underworld (mod/admin of Interference?) where he had to roll a large rock up a hill to push it to the other side. Just as Sisyphus would get it to the top, the rock, charmed by Zeus, would roll right back down again. So Sisyphus was never able to complete the task.

hhmmmm I wonder how long it'd take me to get to 10,000?

lets see here 18 posts a day on average...3700 some odd posts now...
about 6300 posts to 10,000

6300/18= 350 days

yikes only a year to get to 10,000 at the rate I'm posting at :eek:

____
:wave:it's really official, I have no life

Beer bitch..........

A celebratory gesture - I made Sicy a Brain hot dish!

reciperingading1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom