IO: AlcEdu is lame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
So I have to take this Alcohol Edu thing for college. I think it's pretty stupid. Yeah, IU is a party school, but is learning about the effects of alcohol on the hippocampus really gonna change anyone's mind on drinking? Personally I'm not at all interested in drinking anyway. I've never gotten drunk. I'm sure I will at some point but as of now I have no intention of drinking...it just doesn't interest me. Which is why I think it's lame that I have to learn all about it :p

and besides, it's obviously a crap course.

as if you could have alcohol education without me as the teacher. ridiculous :tsk:

Well it's an online thing. Which is good. If it were an actual class then I'd be really pissed

I'm just half-listening to this bitch ramble on about alcohol affecting learning while I listen to iTunes

the survey asked me "How likely are you to use the information you learned in this exercise when making decisions about whether or not to drink alcohol?"

i said not at all :)

AtomicBono said:
Yeah, IU is a party school, but is learning about the effects of alcohol on the hippocampus really gonna change anyone's mind on drinking?

probably not. but you'd be surprised which random information sticks with you. i think this is a great idea, only because i'm a college administrator, and i've seen some pretty scary shit. and surprisingly, there's just a lot of stuff out thre that i'd thought be common knowledge, but some kids really just have NO idea. so no, it isn't going to stop people from drinking. every college is a party college. :lol: except Bob Jones and Liberty.

BUT, what it will do is hopefully offer some food for thought. maybe some of what was taught in the course may stick with some, and it may even help people to help their friends. for example, you said you aren't interested in drinking that could mean that you may end up as one of the few sober people at some get togethers. perhaps you will remember what you learned and stop your friends who are about to make some bad decisions.

Re: Re: IO: AlcEdu is lame

unico said:

for example, you said you aren't interested in drinking that could mean that you may end up as one of the few sober people at some get togethers. perhaps you will remember what you learned and stop your friends who are about to make some bad decisions.

i suppose that's true. in high school i was lucky enough to have friends who had the same attitude toward drinking that i did, so i've never been in a situation where I have to help someone who's drunk, but I suppose that situation is more likely to pop up in college

i still dont wanna take it though :angry:

i may or may not end up drinking some but no way i will end up a partier... i can't afford to as pre-med :lol:

well i'm glad AlcEdu has made a positive impact. I'm just surprised people wouldn't know most of this stuff from health class :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom