I'm Offishally a fish killer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
WHY DO I OWN FISH??? Cats are my specialty. :slant:

My filter has like a cubby hole at the bottom of it and sometimes the fish like to hide in there. But my brand new tiger striped sucker fish was in there for 2 days!! I kept tapping the damn thing but it wouldnt come out. My brother said it was probly dead :|

So tonite I lifted the filter out and poked it with a straw. It didnt move :| So I'm like great, its dead. So I take the filter to the toilet and go look for something to get it out. It felt all crunchy against the straw omg ew it gave me chills :crazy: So finally I am poking it and poking it over the toilet with the end of a spoon and finally I just scooped it out, it fell in the toilet and SWAM AWAY!!! :scream: wtf!?? It swam all the way down into the hole in the toilet and I tried everything to get him out but I CANT.. he just tries to swim further :mad:

So I have a fucking fish that is alive and sucking on the bottom of the damn toilet, I've flushed the crappin toilet 5 times and I can still see his tail! :scream: I just delivered a slow and painful death to a fish that I SWEAR was dead. How can any normal fish NOT move when out of water and being POKED with various objects??

BC please tell me a story worse than this so I dont feel like a horrible murderer :|

Sicy said:
BC please tell me a story worse than this so I dont feel like a horrible murderer :|

:hug:

I had a newt named Gus. He was given to me by a former co-worker of my mother's named Gus because he had to move. He knew how much I loved animals and how I took such good care of my other newt Dale, so he said I could have his newt with the one condition that I name him after him. So Gus the newt joined Dale.

One time, I was running late for school. I quickly threw some tubifex worms into the newts' aquarium for their breakfast and left for school. When I got home, I walked into my room and saw a hairball on my floor. I went to get paper towel to clean it up. As I approached it, I thought to myself, that hairball looks like a newt! Then I saw the open newt tank out of the corner of my eye across the room.

I had left the tank open, and Gus had crawled out, fell down onto the floor, and crawled over halfway across my carpet before he dried out and died. :|

I remember when it happened...it was the night before I was having my senior pictures taken. My parents were divorced at the time, and Mom had been over visiting. Her and Dad were saying goodbye in the driveway, and I ran outside, screaming and crying. Mom kept telling me not to cry cuz my eyes would be all red and puffy for my pictures in the morning.

Last edited:
:hug: Sicy :hug:

I'm reminded of the movie Finding Nemo...when Nemo plays dead so he can be flushed down the toilet to escape and go back home because all toilets drain out to the sea. At least in the movie :shrug:

I'm sorry about your fishy. :|

ABEL said:
..when Nemo plays dead so he can be flushed down the toilet to escape and go back home because all toilets drain out to the sea. At least in the movie :shrug:

omc daafish just told me the same thing

Maybe that fish was waiting to be flushed....playing dead and swam for his freedom!

:| :crack:

If he/it is still there....I know you've prolly tried everything, but even doning some rubber gloves and pulling it out? Even if you have to grab it by the tail. I dont know if fish feel pain or not...But its better than....well, the alternative.

I'm sorry to hear it Sicy.
:(

The Immortal Fish

I got up to go to the bathroom at 2am and I opened the toilet lid and THERE HE WAS!! :scream: :banghead: Even in my half tired state I was going to try to get him again but he just quickly swam back into the hole!! Yes I did try rubber gloves. He was far into the hole I could not reach.

Honestly I just want him to hurry up and flush away! :mad: He's GOT to be dead by now.. its been 12 hours :scream: I feel so frigging bad every time I see him in there and I have to pee on him! :slant:

Have you chucked some food flakes down to him? Maybe dangle something on a bit of string or something, he must be hungry by now. Attract him to the front of the S-Bend and have a fish net handy to block his entry back under the pipe...
maybe?

The poor fish and you, sicy :(

Oh my god :lol: you guys :crack:

It eats algae.. not fish flakes. I threw an algae tablet down there last nite and waited.. and waited.. :yawn:

:banghead:

He has to be gone by now. If I see that fucking fish in there when I get home from work I'm seriously going to keel over.

And even if I were to catch him now, I wouldnt put him back in my tank. He's probly got sewer disease by now and will spread it all over the tank :yuck:

omg, sicy.
poor you and fishy. :hug:

it's a bit extreme, but you could call animal control. they'd come out and help for sure. or call and see if they have any advice.

good luck.

Ok animal control would think I'm very :coocoo: :lol: :crack:

Its just a fish, but I still feel bad :slant:

sicy, i can tell you a story to cheer you up too. when i was little, like 10 years old, i lived in florida, right outside of cape canaveral. geckos would come inside the house and our porch all the damn time, and i'd adopt them as my pets. well, it never occurred to me to feed them. :der:

so every pet gecko i had would starve to death.

ok, here's another story.

when i was a teenager, a neighbor asked me to take care of her finches while she was away. i was doing fine for a few days until i decided the finches needed some fresh air, so i left them in their cage on the porch all afternoon. well, as you know, it can get pretty hot in so. cal. and finches are apparently pretty delicate damn birds, because the heat killed them. i was horrified.

:| i was never paid for my finch-sitting services.

This is pretty sad...my sister and I woke up one morning when were kids and found our cat eating Fluffy the hampster :(

We both started freaking out and screaming, which scared the cat and he started tearing through the house with half of Fluffy in his mouth :scream:

We found out later that we forgot to put the lid on the very top tower in her Habitrail when we played with her the night before so it was our fault :|

my dog killed my sister's parakeet a few years ago, and it was my fault. We had the dog shut up in one of the bedrooms while the birds were wandering around the living room whille the cage was being cleaned. The phone rang and i ran back to the bedroom to answer it completely forgetting about the dog :|.

:hug: wifey :(

since we're onto bird stories...

a couple weeks ago, my friend rosie's cat got out of her house thru the window when they weren't home. the cat caught a bird, outside (that had probably fallen out of the nest) and tried to kill it. when they came home, they found the injured bird and tried to nurse it back to health, giving it some food, and putting it in a box so it could recouperate. they left the box out on the front doorstep the next time they went out to go shopping. when they got home the 2nd time, the cat had gotten out again...and got the bird that was in the box, killed it and brought it into the bedroom and left it on the floor where they found the mess when they came home :|

Last edited:
More stories !! This is great. :hyper:

Well, not really but you know what I mean :slant:

The same cat who killed fluffy used to bring dead birds home all the time. He would tomcat around all night and my mom would let him in in the morning and she would sometimes find dead birds on the welcome mat.

One morning, he bolted inside with a big pigeon or crow in his mouth but it wasn't dead yet and it started flying all over our house, crashing into walls and windows. It was injured so we were afraid to touch it so we just ran around screaming at my poor Dad to catch it! On top of that, Midnight (the cat) was chasing it and trying to finish it off. It was chaos to say the least but very sad for the bird :(

Back
Top Bottom