I officially hate my roommate.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roommates. :angry:

When I went away to college, I was paired up with a roommate. Yeah, that lasted all of 2 weeks. :angry: They normally make you wait a month after filing to have a roommate move out, but it was obvious how horrible we were together that they just let her leave ASAP.

On our first night on campus started off swell. We went out to some parties together. However, she got realy drunk and lost her dorm key. Later in the night, she stole mine from me. I was locked out of not only our room but our entire dorm building and had to spend the night on some frat guy's couch. She claimed she had no money to buy herself a new key, so I had to leave our room unlocked whenever I left and she wasn't there. :huh: Not wanting my stuff to get stolen...I bought her a new key. She would go through my CDs and leave them laying on the floor...NOT in their cases. I had real dishes and silverware, and she would always use them but never wash them. We had an agreement to share groceries, but I was the only one who ever bought any...so I thought. Turns out she was hiding all of the stuff she bought so I couldn't have any. When I'd go to get in bed at night, it would be covered with her clothes. But the best was the night she came home drunk, and sShe pulled my ladder away from my bed to sit on the bottom rung and then begin throwing up in my wastebasket.

College. :angry:

Roomates....:angry:

During my freshman year, I had a roomie who kept asking me "why do you speak good English when you're not from here?? :ohmy: Do you know what these words MEAN???? :ohmy:"

Sophmore year, I roomed with my ex BFF. Keyword being ex. Best friends do not make good roomates.

Junior year, I had a pig who never did her dishes, laundry, or ANYTHING. She'd spill a gallon of milk on the floor and ask us to clean it up for her. I'm not kidding.

First semester of senior year, I have the issues I'm having now.

Next fall semester... No one knows what other wierd roomies I might have! :happy:

Bonochick said:
Turns out she was hiding all of the stuff she bought so I couldn't have any.

One of mine would take the food I bought and hide it so I couldn't have any. :love: The set-up was a two-room, four-person suite, and she would go into the other room, steal THEIR food, and hide that too. She couldn't figure out why they started locking the door between the rooms!

She was a real peach. She had greeting cards hung all over her wall so I'd think people were sending her cards but none of them were signed. She would fall asleep with one of those swivel-neck lamps aimed at my pillow and get pissy if God forbid I turned it off so I could go to sleep.

The absolute best, however, was the day I walked in and she was sitting on her bed talking to her baby doll.

None of my roommates were that bad in college, but some people that lived in the same hall had some truly awful hygiene issues. One guy had the absolute worst BO I've ever had the pleasure of smelling. His hair was actually crusty. The best part was that you could actually tell if he had been in the hallway a full 3 minutes after he'd left. A few of the other guys broke down, bought some shampoo and soap and left it at his door. He didn't talk to anybody for a week (and didn't shower either, apparently).

Another guy apparently didn't believe in showers either, and would leave greasy stains on the couch in the tv lounge.

Compared to that, my current roommate issues are tame.

redhotswami said:
They'd rather do anything then have a heart to heart with someone who has been drinking their milk. :shrug:

I can definitely relate to this, having worked as dorm "security" for three years as an undergraduate. I will never forget one particular episode. There was a room of four guys, one white, one black, one Indian (Near-Eastern), and one Mongolian. One night, the Mongolian, being indignant that one of them had suggested that HIV was present in his native country, began to call all of them by the most vile racial slurs imaginable. The guy was really upset that someone would suggest that Mongolia was home to people with HIV/AIDS, but no one ever figured out exactly why this angered him so greatly.

Anyways, I always found that the best way to ensure that roommates do not cross you is to be more physically intimidating than they. That way, they will not chance anything. I was fairly lucky with roommates; a few of them remain very good friends of mine, but I also experienced a few bizzare characters. The one that stands out in my mind seemed to end every sentence with "so..." The guy never spoke in a complete thought, instead leaving you to infer what he wished to say, as though it was too much work for him to have to explain it to you.

redhotswami said:
I have a fun roommate story for you. So, there was this one room, a pair of male freshmen. One of them reported that his roommate hadn't left the room in weeks (wasn't going to class, etc.) and the room smelled awful. So...I immediately thought it was going to be an emotional issue. When I went to the room, I was bombarded with an awful smell.

Turns out the guy had been at his computer for a number of weeks and refused to leave. He was addicted to some video game. The stench was from his socks. He ACTUALLY POOPED IN HIS SOCKS!!! He also peed in empty drink cans and bottles and just left them on the floor sitting around him.

The end.

I'm sorry but unless someone got murdered by their roommate, I'm pretty sure this one is the clear winner... :up:

Hell, even then, I'd rather be dead than live with a dude who shits in his socks... :tsk:

Freshman year of high school, had a roommate that would lock the door, with me still in room, play his rap music 24/7, and always acted like he know everything. Once, he accused me of stealing some gummy worms from a bag, just because there was some coins in it (don't know how that happened), even though I hadn't left the room the much that day. :shrug: He would also not really let me listen to my music when he was in the room, he would also talk about how experiance he was, with sex, at around 15 or so. Didn't believe him for a minute.

Sophmore year, wow this was fun. First roommate would scare me by jumping on my bed yelling, "give me your soul", he would also reply to everything that I said with, "your mom," which got really old after a while. Oh, and he wouldn't clean his side of the room, and I'm kind of a neat freak so... he would just through everything (clothes, school books ect.) under his bed. He left after 3 months or so, to room with his friend in another dorm, but the ironic thing is that he was still better then the freshman roommate. The second roommate only lasted 2 days. He got caught with pot, and got expelled. So... yeah shortest stay of a roommate forever for me. The third, well I had to move out of my room (which was the biggest room in the dorm for students) into his room. I don't recall him EVER taking a shower. He never did anything in class. He lasted for about 2 months or so, got expelled for pot, on a Sunday, didn't leave until Tuesday. But I did get the room to myself for the rest of the year. So that was good.

Junior year, got a roommate from Taiwan, he was such a great roommate that he is my roommate for this year. So, yeah.... makes me wonder what typpe of roommates I'll get in college.

Mr. Green Eyes said:
But I did get the room to myself for the rest of the year. So that was good.

I transferred at the end of the semester, but I had my room to myself until then, once my roommate left after the first two weeks. Nobody else had a private room because they charge so much for them. I didn't have to pay any extra, since my roommate left me. :love:

Ok so pretty much things with my roommate have been working out pretty well, which is good compared to the rest of the semester...but YESTERDAY! I wouldn't wake up to go to my math class so she turned that TERRIBLE new Avril Lavigne song on iTunes, and she blasted it from the speakers and I kept yelling at her to shut it off, and she wouldn't so I finally had to get up and leave...then I stopped by the cafeterai to get a drink, and I saw a couple of my friends there, and I was already late as it was so I stopped to talk to them for a minute and I swear to God, all of a sudden I hear someone go, "ASHLEY! GO TO CLASS!" and I turn around and my roommate is right there. It scared the crap out of me, so needless to say...I went to class...:reject:

I don`t have any experienes with roommates yet, but next year I`ll go to a college and I hope that I`ll have luck with them :wink:

:lol:

i just think its gross you have to SHARE a room with someone! At my uni we all had our own bedrooms and had to share a bathroom with either one or two other people, and it was the same sex! so no pube city in the bathroom like in my boyfriends bathroom. :sick:

For a gross story, when i was at uni, two girls complained that the other girl's room in their suite was very very smelly. They opened the door to investigate and was over powered by this revolting smell but didn't know where it was coming from - turned out she was bullimic and threw up into plastic bags and milk cartons and hid them in her cupboard and under the bed... :huh: :ohmy:

she left soon after....

I currently have 2 roommates. We have a 3 bedroom apartment (with 2 bathrooms) so it's manageable.

They're both grad students. One is perfectly nice, and wonderful in every single way except she has the loudest sex on the planet. I'm pretty sure everyone this side of the Atlantic can hear her. And she's a screamer. And so is her partner. And I've never known anyone to have that much sex. I mean, honestly, like 3-4 times per night (and these are the ones that manage to wake me up...heaven knows what the actual number is). That's bad enough, but then they like to go for quickies during the day too, like when I'm in the kitchen making lunch or something. And they know I'm out there, but they don't care. I'll be subletting a 1 bedroom for the summer, and I kind of wonder if I'll be able to sleep without the lulling sound of "Oh! OH!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAH!" all night long. I mean, really, it's like a soundtrack.

The other girl is just plain weird and cooks fish at 7 am and eats Campbell's tomato soup for breakfast. And showers no less than three times per day. But is otherwise quiet as a mouse so I can't complain.

Back
Top Bottom