Your perfect Production team

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nigel Godrich and Rick Rubin :drool:

No more STEVE L. please. I'm sick of the production of HTDAAB. Well to be honest the whole album isn't very good. It is mediocre by U2 standards that's for sure.

I was thinking. I remember a line Bono used during the new years party in dublin "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I wish he had remembered that line after pop which was such a great album comparred to the last two "real" pop albums.

I want noise, I want experiments, I want one KICK ASS album and then they can retire..After a great worldtour off course :wink:

Take care :heart:

U2girl said:
I felt Jacknife Lee hurt Crumbs with the ship fog horn sounds in the chorus and it's probably him playing the annoying xylophone-type keyboards on City of blinding lights. IMO he also produced the least listenable of all acoustic U2 songs in A man and a woman.

Agree

I actually thought about George Martin for about 20 seconds when I first read the title of this thread. But he's retired anyways, I think. Hell, you could give a deaf man production reigns on some of those Beatles albums and they would have been great. Although, some of them are produced very, very well, for the time.

And yes, the backlash would be huge.
"Look, they really think they ARE as great as The Beatles"

If they are gonna go old school, the dude who produced Queen (can't think of his name Roy....something) might not be the owrst idea in the world, but I think he did the Darkness' latest album, so it may not be a fit. I was thinking in terms of vocal harmonies.

One more name that might not be the worst idea and I'm not sure if he's been said, but Brendan O'Brien has made some great records.

Back
Top Bottom