Your least favorite track on The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to be in the right mood to listen to Mothers Of The Disappeared...

popmart86 said:
worst song on JT.....THAT'S A TRICK QUESTION!!!!!:eyebrow: :mad: (as in it's one of the best albums ever made:wink: )
I haven't asked about the "worst song" or for "a bad track."

Just your least favorite.

depends on my mood really, but i must say
trip through your wires.

i feel.. awkward when i listen to that song. :huh:

VintagePunk said:
Probably gonna be skinned alive for this, but "Mothers of the Disappeared." :reject:

Not that I dislike it, I just don't love it as much as I do the others.

I'm with you 100%. "Mothers" is the weakest track. It's part of the reason I think Achtung Baby is a better album than JT -- AB is good all the way through (of course, I'm sure that's opening a whole other can o'worms here).

I must say I'm really surprised at how many people hate "Trip Through Your Wires." I mean, it's a toss-off song, but it's fun. And who doesn't love harmonica??!

I really liked all of JT - as others were saying awhile back...there really weren't any "weak" tracks on it....

:larry: :adam: :edge: :bono:

I tend to skip "Bullet the Blue Sky" just cos I feel it napalms the quiet (for a better word) mood between WOWY and RTSS.

I luuuuurrve Trip through your wires, I think it was the first time ever Bono allowed himself to be "carnal" on a record.

:drool:

I would not call it a weak track, but Mothers of the Disappeared is just too much of a tear jerker for me to listen to.

i'm so surprised how many people don't like mothers of the disappeared. i for one love it (i mean i always break down and cry when i hear it, but i still love it). i suppose it's a bit too :yawn: though.

I don't think JT has any weak tracks. I guess I don't love Red Hill Mining Town and Trip Through Your Wires as much as the rest of the songs, but I rarely skip them. I skip Bullet sometimes, but only because it's so much better live and I'm in a hurry to get to Running To Stand Still.

I'm also surprised so many people dislike Mothers of the Disappeared. It's so beautiful and haunting, especially the ending - it's the perfect way to end a perfect album.

Hey VP - I'm with you on this! I really could never get into Mothers of the disappeared! It sounds so dull to me, really!

Every song bar Trip is legendary. MOTD is the best album closer ever. Exit is the Album real payoff. One Tree, IGC and Red Hill arethe strongest two 'mid to late' album tracks outside Achtung. Running is one of the best songs ever made by anyone. Bullet has its place, and is the foundation of a song that has evolved incredibly (into a snorefest ;)) And then, in the beginning, there was the holy trinity.

And yet, it is only the third best album ever made. :wink:

Last edited:
Honestly I can't pick a weakest track on JT.

Mothers is an amazing closer, much better than 40, if you listen to the entire album all the way through, the only track I could possibly subtract would be TTYW. The Holy Trinity cannot be separated, and One Tree > Exit > Mothers should never be broken apart.

Mothers Of The Disappeared is my second favorite track from JT, after One Tree Hill.

There isn't a weak track on JT (or AB, but that's for another thread), but I do prefer the live version of Exit over the original.

Oh and while I think the live version of Exit is great, that form would not sit well on the album for me. The quiet brooding, Adam's bass and the sound of crickets in the background is for me, the most atmospheric part of any U2 song to date. And the way it leads into MOTD's quiet metallic grind is just heaven.

Oh, if only they had something better in the place of Trip. :( Sweetest Thing would never have fit..

Streets
ISHFWILF
WOWY
Bullet
Running
Red Hill
IGC
Heartland
One Tree Hill
Exit
MOTD

Wow. That would be for me, an UNTOUCHABLE album. No one could ever top it. Even Achtung.

would have preferred silver and gold to mothers of the disappeared , would have sat nicely with in gods country with exit or one tree hill being the final track.

Back
Top Bottom