Your First Times.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember being in my uncle's car when i was younger, i think i was about 6 or so and i remember singing mysterious ways ( it had just been released) ....... well the only bit i knew was the chorus, but there i was singing my little heart out and my uncle stopped the car, turned round to me and told me to shut up that i was ruining the bloody song. I think i was a bit traumatised after that because i never got into U2 again until i heard beautiful day.

This is also the same guy that brought me to my first u2 concert 8 years later and almost murdered me at midnight cause i had been missing all day.

My earliest U2 memory is Mysterious Ways, I was about 7 when it came out and it was on the radio all the time, I also remember watching the video at the time :).

The one "first" I remember most vividly was hearing "Pride" for the first time. I was visiting a friend in Los Angeles, it was about 6:30 am and I was watching MTV. The "Pride" video came on, and after it was over I was like "I have to get that record...NOW!!!" It really made a very strong favorable first impression!!!

The first time I heard U2 was when I was on my way to school when I was 6..My brother was a HUGE fan and he was playing The Joshua Tree in the car. I remember memorizing the words to the songs just because I wanted to be cool like my brother.
Then the first time I started to fall into obsession was when I heard Where the Streets Have no Name for the first time 3 years ago. I went out and bought Joshua Tree and fell in love with it! I then was sucked into all things U2 since.
My first U2 concert was 11-13-05 it was unbelievable! It had to be the best time of my life!

Back
Top Bottom