worst song by U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geeman

The Fly
just curious as to what others think is U2's worst song........... My pick is Playboy Mansion

Love Rescue Me. Six minutes of pure torture.

worst song? they don't have worst song :)
let me think... maybe Love Rescue Me - it's too long. But I thought of it just because djerdap wrote it. I really can't pick one

If I was to pick a song that I really dont listen to THAT often, it would be Red Light.

But I do like to listen to it occasionally...just for a giggle!:wink:

There aren't any pure shite U2 songs at all, maybe love rescue me is my least favorite

Heartland is the best R&H song. Love Rescue Me is band on big ego-trip. Why pretending to be somebody you're not. The song is crap.

I think van diemens land is just not a typical u2 song. It's like another band sang that song and put it on R&H. But for me the whole album is bad. Helter skelter --> beatles or something.
Van diemens land, what i said,
All along the watchtower nice but also a cover. I still haven't..., bullet the blue sky and Pride, we knew those songs from other albums. Freedom for my people and star spangled banner aren't songs.
So what habve got any further on this album?
Desire,angel of harlem, all i want, love rescue, silver and gold.
great songs

mmmm a hard question

Talking about music compositions, the worst ones for me are Wild Honey, One Step Closer and Grace.

Talking about my own feelings, the worst ones are Original Of The Species, One Step Closer, Grace, Wild Honey, The Hands That Built America and 4th of July :(

:wave:

New york,,, Sorry, but this one makes me jump for the remote

does anyone have mp3 of Beat On The Brat cover? I just heard the original for the first time recently and i really like it so it would be nice to hear the cover as well...

send it to: marty[at]net.hr

The Hands That Built America. For being so unoriginal that late in their career. Weak and awkward melody, forgettable chorus, this only gets credit because of its subject matter and Bono's admittedly well-done operatic part in the middle. Removing the electric guitar heard over the film's end credits makes it even worse.

If this song had been good AT ALL it would have won the Oscar. I love that Eminem song but U2 should have had it in the bag. If this was Ground Beneath Her Feet or Miss Sarajevo we would have photos of the boys holding golden statuettes.

While stuff like New York, Playboy Mansion, Some Days, and Miami might sound trite, at least the songs are all trying something new in the musical department. Even Love Rescue Me was an attempt at some kind of gospel we hadn't heard from them before. Wild Honey isn't offensive enough, clearly not aiming very high. But Hands was supposed to be a classic song for a classic movie, and for that it fails miserably.

laz

Original of the species, Grace, Peace on Earth, Love Rescue Me, When i Look at the World, Elevation.

Love Rescue Me or With a Shout. Granted, I'd still rather listen to either of those songs than music by almost any other artist, but in the U2 catalogue, those two are definately at the bottom for me.

Back
Top Bottom