Wild Irish Rose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't view it for some reason.is this the clip from the "bringing it all back home" programme, first aired in around 1990? I'm sure you remember it gman, what a great show, great song, one of their best. Edge is still sporting his sorta lovetown gypsy look. This came out a while before Achtung Baby didn't it? Around the same time as Night And Day? Those two songs put my mind at ease, I knew their follow up to Rattle and Hum would be out of this world, little did I know just how brilliant it would be!!
But yeah, Wild Irish Rose :drool: :drool: :drool:

In all honesty Gav, I dont recall the programme but then again, ad forgotten my mates were piling round to my house last week for footie upon my invite to them. My memory is terrible!! I clearly remember hearing Night and Day first play on Radio 1 as part of a special for the release of Red Hot and Blue.
Out of intrest Gav, wat was yer thoughts of Jesus Christ from tribute to Woodie Guthrie album? I love it. I know you enjoyed this period of the 2'ers career a lot, like myself.
I rekon anyone that likes Womanfish who aint heard Jesus Christ should check it out

I love the song Jesus Christ, they did a great version of it. But I must shamefully admit, that I've never heard womanfish :-((
I don't have a PC at home and at work we've never had access to Youtube etc. it was performed on the Late Late show in Ireland wasn't it? Only time I could see anything on RTE was when I was Ireland myself and unfortunately I missed that one. Though i did see their great performance of J Lennon's Merry Xmas War Is Over.

It would have been great to have heard U2 explore that sound more i.e. an album with songs sounding similar to Night and Day and Wild Irish Rose. It has the dark sound of Achtung Baby but also the soaring vocals of the JT and Rattle and Hum era. I would loved to have heard more of this type of stuff, it could have been their best work.

Thanksandy said:
It would have been great to have heard U2 explore that sound more i.e. an album with songs sounding similar to Night and Day and Wild Irish Rose. It has the dark sound of Achtung Baby but also the soaring vocals of the JT and Rattle and Hum era. I would loved to have heard more of this type of stuff, it could have been their best work.

It is a mix of his JT and AB voice :)

....oh man! havnt checked out the youtube clip yet but so cool to hear somebody mention this song! I taped the "bringing it...' show when it first aired and was soooooooooo dissapointed when 'Wild Irish Rose' wasnt on the soundtrack cd. I guess they never did record it (except for the show obviously) i love it to death and hope that Bono's talk of acoustic instruments and space in the music for the new album might steer them back inthis direction. What a beautiful beautiful song! And they looked so cool too! Nice support from Donal Lunney also....:drool:

Back
Top Bottom