Why I think ATYCLB sucks the big one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FallingStar said:

:eyebrow: I don't know but, in your opinion there best album is more than 10 years old - and you are still a fan?

Uhhh. JT is my fav album, with AB a very close second. And hell yes i'm still a fan!
:confused:

"There's a lot of people that expect a lot of things from U2, and people will never get what they expect." -- Bono, 1982

That's why I'll always love this band.

Am I the only one who thinks that both Pop *and* ATYCLB are brilliant records?

Last edited:
Michael Griffiths said:
"There's a lot of people that expect a lot of things from U2, and people will never get what they expect." -- Bono, 1982

I like that quote...well said, Bono.

And no, you're not the only one. Like I said, I haven't heard everything off of "Pop", but I don't see why people complain so much about that album, the stuff I've heard I love, so...I mean, I guess it'd help if I heard the entire album, but...whatever. *Shrugs*.

You've got my support in everything you've been saying throughout this thread, by the way. :).

Angela

Michael Griffiths said:

No. Add me to that list too!

Thanks for posting that quote too. One of my faves.

Re: ATYCLB pales..

jick said:

ATYCLB can't hold a candle to the Joshua Tree but then again no album can. But ATYCLB is genius, is God, is king --when compared to the hapless Pop.

Ok sorry but this is just a mismatch.

Cheers,

J

See, this is why threads like this are just silly. Because I feel that UF, AB, Zooropa, ATYCLB, and War are all superior to JT. Yes, there are some outstanding tracks on JT, but I just like those other albums more. IMO, they are far superior in many ways. But should I start a "JT sucks" thread and then state it's all "comparative"? Hmmm... :scratch:

Re: Re: ATYCLB pales..

doctorwho said:

See, this is why threads like this are just silly. Because I feel that UF, AB, Zooropa, ATYCLB, and War are all superior to JT. Yes, there are some outstanding tracks on JT, but I just like those other albums more. IMO, they are far superior in many ways. But should I start a "JT sucks" thread and then state it's all "comparative"? Hmmm... :scratch:

Hmmm...I think you already know the answer to that question. ;)

DrWho wrote:
See, this is why threads like this are just silly. Because I feel that UF, AB, Zooropa, ATYCLB, and War are all superior to JT. Yes, there are some outstanding tracks on JT, but I just like those other albums more. IMO, they are far superior in many ways. But should I start a "JT sucks" thread and then state it's all "comparative"? Hmmm...

Well, for such a silly thread, you've checked in a chimed in quite often. Must be something to it! :sexywink:

Maybe you should voice your opinion - that's all I did and it's one of the most popular threads on the board right now.

I'd like to hear your song-by-song thoughts on JT - seriously.

OK my last post for this thread!I feel that ATYCLB represents who u2 are as people more than any of their previous records!I admit that Pop has some flaws, it also has great songs on it.They rushed to get it finished and as a result the songs suffered.I do not want U2 to make the Joshua Tree part II (or any of their other records)and neither do you!

u2sangel said:
OK my last post for this thread!I feel that ATYCLB represents who u2 are as people more than any of their previous records!I admit that Pop has some flaws, it also has great songs on it.They rushed to get it finished and as a result the songs suffered.I do not want U2 to make the Joshua Tree part II (or any of their other records)and neither do you!

Hmmm...Well, yeah, ATYCLB probably resented who they were at that moment in time...but I think all of their records do that. They're great representations of who the band was at given moments in time.

I think it's easier to compare songs than it it albums bc I don't think there's one person who could possibly say they like every single song that U2 has ever made. Saying an individual album is bad bc you don't like one or two songs is absurd!!

ATYCLB was a little bit safe, but there are some hard rocking tunes on that album and it's an evolution of the band at that point in time of their careers and I'm really looking forward to the next step bc ES sounds great!

Who cares if someone doesn't like an album or thinks it's not great, it's what speaks to you personally!

And by the way I love the majority of the songs off of both too, what other band takes us down a musical journey like U2 does and what band can pull it off and still be so successful after all of these years?

Back
Top Bottom