Why do Bono and Edge perform without Adam and Larry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
Do you think Bono says, "hey guys, I think just me and Edge are going to play at the benefit, we don't need you."

I wonder.

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

I have even worse news. When Bono met people outside the Baltimore arena yesterday a lady asked him if he was looking forward to the show on Sat. and he told her "I can't go" so it looks like no U2 at all. I did not personally hear this, she told me.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by Hitman:
Do you think Bono says, "hey guys, I think just me and Edge are going to play at the benefit, we don't need you."

I wonder.

Well, you know, Larry and Adam did the Mission Impossible soundtrack themselves. I think all four of them are mature enough to handle things like this.

I wonder.

More likely it was Bono or Edge saying "lets play this benefit" and Larry and Adam not wanting to.

Do you really think they would not want to play a benefit for the heroes of September 11? I kind of doubt that.

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

I also heard rumors that they were all going to be there...I guess we'll find out tonight!

------------------
I couldn't take it anymore so I went back to the sea...'cus that's where fishes go when fishes get the sense to flee...

Do you really think they would not want to play a benefit for the heroes of September 11? I kind of doubt that.

It's more likely than Bono and Edge "not letting them". That's just silly. They are all on equal footing when it comes to decisions. Bono might get the most attention, but he doesn't make all the decisions.

They could have any number of reasons for them not being able to or not wanting to perform.

It's kind of always been that way anyway. Bono and Edge get more attention than Adam and Larry, and I think Adam and Larry are just fine with that (esp. Larry). It's not that they wouldn't want to play for the victims, maybe Larry needs to give his hands a rest after doing 4 shows this week. But from the rumours it looks like all 4 will be there, so people can chill out already.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

Bubble poppin' sugar droppin' rock and roll

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

when they arrived on earth 25 years ago, the ones we call 'bono' and 'the edge' were chosen as the mouthpiece of the band. meanwhile 'adam' and 'larry' were selected as the liasion to the 'home' world. thus while 'bono' and 'the edge' further the cause, 'adam' and 'larry' are often busy reporting the world domination and capital-raising ventures of the away team.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

1. Bono and Edge are secret lovers (I thought everyone knew that...)

2. Larry's gonna be at my house for the evening anyway

3. if none of them are there, I will CRY. I couldn't go to Baltimore, so if I can't at least see Bono on TV I will pull my hair out.

At least Paul McGuiness has to be there...

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n' rolla
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow." -U2-

Ok, maybe I missed something. I know that they're supposed to perform, but I didn't know that it would be broadcasted...

What channel, what time?

Ok I just read a post saying it was broadcasted at 7 p.m. on VH1.

But what about us Canadians!?! I don't get VH1!

------------------
"You see things and say 'Why?'; but I dream things that never were and I say 'Why not?'" -- George Bernard Shaw

Well Larry can't be there anyway because I've already made some plans to entertain him tonight.

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

Uh... it's really a lot simpler than that.

It's really easy for Bono and Edge to do something unplugged. With just mics.

For all of U2 to do something, it takes a lot more effort. Sound system, techs, roadies, etc...

Keep it simple stupid.

wink.gif

Mark
http://www.mp3.com/madelyniris

Its not unusual. Larry and Adam played with REM on One that one year. Edge did the Captive soundtrack. Larry played on some Ellylou Harris album or something. Perhaps it was VH1 that wanted to have Bono and Edge duet with someone and then the whole band just said "why not all of us?" Also, the boys have been playing intense shows. they need a break for NYC next week.

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
I have even worse news. When Bono met people outside the Baltimore arena yesterday a lady asked him if he was looking forward to the show on Sat. and he told her "I can't go" so it looks like no U2 at all. I did not personally hear this, she told me.

TOLD YA SO
frown.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Back
Top Bottom