Who's the oldest/ first U2 concert ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1st listen: early 1985. (UF)

1st concert: sept. 1987 JT tour meadowlands.

First show: May 15, 1987 Meadowlands Brendan Byrne Arena (now Continental Airlines Arena).

I just found my ticket stub...celebrated 18 years of seeing U2 on May 14 in Philly.

monski said:
I save my ticket stubs.

October 29, 1997 // Metrodome, Minneapolis - $52.50 - Pop tour; guess I was one of the few who "got it". Fucking hilarious!

May 1, 2001 // Target Center, Minneapolis - $45.00 - Last minute nosebleed seat, sound not loud enough...disappointed enough to leave early, during the first encore.

Two other shows I saw! :up:

U2Kitten said:
Fan since War

First concert UF Hampton, VA 1985

Me, too! I was 16. I was never the same after that show. It really hit me hard. I became deeply passionate for U2 after that.

Lemonfix said:

Nuh-uh!!!!! I saw them on Popmart!!!:tongue: Beat that!!!

:wink:

I ALMOST saw them on Popmart... Pop was the greatest fucking album ever at that point in my life and still is. But I was 9 so I didn't really have it all together at that point to convince my parents to take me to the big rock show.

I really envy the people who have seen U2 since the early stages. Must be incredible to have grown with the band.

I just found my album of ticket stubs, so I can answer this accurately! June 7, 1983 at the L.A. Sports Arena. The Alarm was the opening band. Ticket price says $11.75 :lmao: Can you believe it???

4/3/85, Nassau Coliseum, Long Island UNF Tour.

"11 o'clock.....Tick...Tock!"

Ticket cost $13.50. Lucky enough to have an audio recording of it. Interesting to see a lot of us going to the same shows. Noticed a few of you went to some JT shows at the meadowlands. I was there too and they were great. Thanks for bringing back the memories.....

Wednesday, June 11, 1986. Amnesty International Conspiracy of Hope Tour at the Omni in Atlanta. My first concert of any kind ever. U2 headlined. The Police, who reformed that night for the first time in two-and-a-half years, played immediately before them. Also on the bill were Brian Adams, Lou Reid, and Peter Gabriel. U2 stole the show though. They were absolutely electric! Still easily the best show I've ever been to (there's a picture of Bono from that night on page 65 of the U2 Show book).

Seen them four times since then: Zoo TV in '92, PopMart in '97, and twice on Elevation in '01.

Can't wait for Saturday November 26 at Philips Arena for Vertigo. Already got my tickets and counting down.

Back
Top Bottom