Who likes the Doves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just bought a import of their new CD, The Last Broadcast. What a great album, and I thought their 1st album was one of the greatest albums I've ever heard. I remember reading what Bono said about them, which was that more bands should make albums like the Doves. U2 fans should check out the Doves if you haven't heard of them.

they've been discussed quite a bit recently in the Lemonade Stand, I love Lost Souls but I thought the new cd wasn't out yet, I've only heard the first single, wtf?!?
confused.gif

I bought one of the advance listening copies in the little sleeves today for 99 cents, and the retail version won't be stateside for another month! It still has artwork and tracklisting, which is cool. I haven't listened to it yet (beyond the first 3 tracks) because I got a big shipment of CDs in from columbia house. What I have listened to though, i really like.

------------------
And you brighten my life like a polystyrene hat
But it melts in the sun like a life without love
And I've waited for you so i'll keep holding onWithout you

Its been released in the UK and in Australia, has been top of the UK charts the past two weeks. I bought it today and its fanfookingtastic! I had a look on CDNOW and I think its out in the states in June...

Ill need to buy their 1st album now, although what I heard of it on the radio bordered on the dreary...this one really stands out though, my pick for album of the year so far.

The release date is June 4th in the US, then they're touring with Elbow!
biggrin.gif

------------------
A song is a beautiful lie

I?m going to see them play with Elbow when they get to Minneapolis, but I?ve never actually heard them. Lol. Going because I like Elbow.
biggrin.gif
But I will look for their CD before I see the show... more fun when you know some songs.

Brettig you should buy their first album, Lost Souls, it is one of my favorite albums of all time. "The Cedar Room" is such a great song. If you like U2 you'll like the Doves. I imported the new album and it is great. I think it's album of the year by far. "Sulpher Man" and "NY" are masterpieces.

Originally posted by zoopop:
Brettig you should buy their first album, Lost Souls, it is one of my favorite albums of all time. "The Cedar Room" is such a great song. If you like U2 you'll like the Doves. I imported the new album and it is great. I think it's album of the year by far. "Sulpher Man" and "NY" are masterpieces.

"The Cedar Room" is my official going out song. But I always have to listen to "The Man Who Told Everything" first.
biggrin.gif

I love "Words" on the new album. There's definitely a different feel to The Last Broadcast, but it's still very Doves.

But if you're in the US and thinking about buying it, it's probably best to wait until June 4th because the US release will include bonus tracks.

If you like Doves and Elbow, you should also check out the bands I Am Kloot (produced by Guy Garvey from Elbow) and South (opening for Oasis in the US).

------------------
A song is a beautiful lie

Originally posted by meegannie:
Adam also likes Doves.
smile.gif

really?! that's great! i also like doves...but unfortunately have been deemed too young to appreciate good music live.
mad.gif

------------------
Anticipation is a liar.

Back
Top Bottom